Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just port to stonard and fly into STV from there.

You guys don't do the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Lower levels use zeppelins. Also there are some people who prefer zeppelins cause it has more RP feel

Even if a fair number of them are now gone due to new content breaking them and replacing them with portals like the Brill ones, I still like the flavor of it. Until I get the ability to sneak into the opposing faction's portal room and use their portals, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The zeppelin to Grom'gol can be quite useful, given that non-Mage Horde characters otherwise have no quick access to southern EKs.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People have given good arguments for it - and if nothing else - they still add flavour and add to the illusion of a lived in world.

Also..let's say as a Horde player, wanting to quest in STV - Org - Ratchet - Booty Bay by ship is still the best option, right? Beats portal to UC and then a long ass flight.
    Or you could take the zep that takes you directly from Org to STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    There's a portal to literally every major city.
    The zepplins do not just go between major cities.

Also, low level characters utilize them.

Also it's an RP element to the game. You don't have to partake in it, but many people do. Same as many flavor elements. Why have different looking gear when, functionally, the appearance does nothing?
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2020-03-11 at 10:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.
    How do low levels get to thunderbluff from org? or silvermoon from org? or undercity from org?
    How, without those zepplins? cause the only portals there are in the much higher level zones many cannot get to.
    why remove these things and not just leave them there for those who want em?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.

There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

The ships and zeppelins are there for the "average Joe" to use as well. I imagine portals require quite a lot of constant magical maintenance to keep open all the time.

Your question is akin to saying "why are cars and buses still there, since we have helicopters and airplanes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Because it’s a video game? Because not every single feature needs to have a purpose or use? Because some things are just there to enhance the world? Fuck off with your modern MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY mentality
    i like this reply.

Why use a car to commute to work? Or bus? Why not walk? Or saw off your legs and drag your legless body?

Because there are readily available, better methods of travel.
    So you'd saw off your legs because you have a car? Seems logical. Good luck taking your car to the bathroom every time you need to take a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41366XYGKTL.jpg

This wins the thread. I also found this:

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no portal to Grom'gol Base Camp in STV.

How do you expect me to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    There is no portal to Grom'gol Base Camp in STV.

How do you expect me to get there?
    Easy: take the zeppelin to Undercity, then run your way down to STV. :^)

its a remnant from back when wow was a rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kookster View Post
    i would rather remove portals...
    same for me, I don´t like all these portals.

when Dazalor and Boralus were announced I was really hyped. I hoped for 2 giant port cities with many ship routes.
    And was utterly disappointed when Blizzard used portals instead...
    (only upside is the ferry on alliance side which I used quite frequently, I used the horde equivalent only once, and it didn´t have the same flair about it...)

There could be many more trams, railways, zeppelins and ships instead of most portals for my liking.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Someone has probably already pointed it out, but at least from a lore standpoint, portals likely aren't as efficient as zeppelins for transporting large amounts of cargo between locations. So for the sake of immersion, it makes sense to have them around.

Speaking of which, RPers still use the things. I imagine most commoners probably don't have access to the portals, at least not as readily as zeppelins, so removing them would just kind of be a huge middle finger to anyone who likes to RP. And RPers get little enough in this game as it is.

And why remove stuff from a game anyways? If it doesn't break the game, just fucking leave it alone.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This. Blizzard's stupid in their design. Zeppelins can have an use if they go where no portal can take players. IE: in lore where mages haven't readily set up portals, and only where goblin mercenaries would dare go, for the right price.
    There's lore reasons for that. The zeppelins are goblins working directly for the Horde directly connecting Horde locations. The boats are neutral goblins, the Steamwheedles in this case, offering neutral transit between two of THEIR cities.

I know you hate the game, but you really gotta stop hopping into everything thread trying to bash on them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why use a car to commute to work? Or bus? Why not walk? Or saw off your legs and drag your legless body?

Because there are readily available, better methods of travel.

The existence of portals wouldn't remove the need for normal transportation in the game's world any more than the existence of cars IRL removes your ability to walk.

straight to the point answer: they are there because they have always been there, removing them takes effort and development time away from other more important things, and leaving them in has exactly zero negative impact, therefore there is no logical, economical, or developmental reason to remove them.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-03-12 at 12:13 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Because idk other way to get to Northern and STV on Horde side lol