Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.
    same for cars and motorcycles IRL!
    there are electric bicycles available for 400$, they are fast af and don't stink or blow up
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Why use a car to commute to work? Or bus? Why not walk? Or saw off your legs and drag your legless body?

Because there are readily available, better methods of travel.
    The same reason why we're still using cars/bikes/trains/buses instead of concords in real life.

There's a portal to literally every major city. I understand old content being around, it has its uses. But Zeps are just a travel method that isn't needed anymore.

Thats like giving The Flash a car or motorcycle, nobody would do that and it wouldn't make any sense.
    Makes the world feel alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. are they still there? It seems like recently when I have went to the zepp-towers the vehicles have always been gone for repairs, offering portals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Wait.. are they still there? It seems like recently when I have went to the zepp-towers the vehicles have always been gone for repairs, offering portals instead.
    The only one I know of is from OG to UC.
    Because of lore purposes.

3+ Year Old Account

It takes timeto take them out of the game. It takes zero time to leave them there.

No reason to remove them, they don't cause problems, spend your energy complaining about something meaningful instead please, this is ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Easy. Stranglethorn is readily available from the zeppelin
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Easy. Stranglethorn is readily available from the zeppelin
    This. Blizzard's stupid in their design. Zeppelins can have an use if they go where no portal can take players. IE: in lore where mages haven't readily set up portals, and only where goblin mercenaries would dare go, for the right price.

I wish there were more zeps and boats just flying around even if they serve no purpose to us players. Just for visual indication that the world is alive.

They've added some walking traders and such but would be nice to see more civilians walking the roads, caravans etc etc...there are some, but pump it up more.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I think it's because we, as characters, are amongs the elite of the elite. To us, portals are abundant but for a common peasant I do think portals are very, very, very rare. They'll have to use the good ol' zeps.
    I would love if they did an April Fools patch or something where for a week NPCs acted like normal people.

You fly by on your mount and they /yell HOLY FUCK THAT GUY IS RIDING A FUCKING DRAGON?!?! and stuff like that.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

3+ Year Old Account
    access maybe? I'd prefer to think that portals are a bit based on social classes where peasants/peons/etc. are not allowed to enter portals unless it's evacuation or necessary
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Why use a car to commute to work? Or bus? Why not walk? Or saw off your legs and drag your legless body?

Yet different people use all of those modes of travel to commute to work already every day. Yea I have a car, but when the weather is nice I prefer my bike. Zeppelin to STV is still best way to get there for fishing tournies or gurubashi arena, I believe? Yea there is a portal to silvermoon and then silvermoon portal to undercity but I still take the zeppelin as well. People complain the world feels useless and dead then have a problem with players using things that make the world feel more fun than a teleporter.9
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

is there a portal to Gromgol base in stranglethorn?

zapelins/ships go to places where portals dont, sure there are zepelins to capitols too, but why remove them if you let other zepelins there?
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-03-11 at 02:37 PM.

Who knows at this point. Blizzard wont replace the asinine flight paths with quick travel because it makes the game "feel smaller" but then there are portals everywhere. Then they started taking portals out of old hubs because...reasons?

It may just be the game has gotten too big to make cohesive decisions. Removing the Zeppelins may be a coding nightmare.

Some days it seems like they want to improve quality of life for the players and then they flip the next day. Who fucking knows anymore. Its logical that the game is being made by a group of people with conflicting views.

I like them as an addition. I use them from time to time when i can't come up with a better idea to get somewhere.

I would prefer if the entire world had zepps or things like that.
    By now flying just became boring. the grind is awful. they don't want to give it to us directly because the world is designed with ground travel in mind. Why not make a come back of such travel options?

Give me a giant flying creature that i have to hop on which goes on in circles over the land so i have to jump off at the right point.
    Give me back trains as a fast travel option.
    Baloons which wont get you directly to the wanted destination.

idk.. right now the world feels so boring because i jost fly to a certain direction and afk for a few mins. would prefer to have more of the zepps and stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    If anything, boats and zepps ought to see a lot more use. Having portals everywhere can be very convenient, but it really destroys the "world" part of WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

People do use them though.

Talk about meaningless thing to be in a twist over.

If anything, I'd love to see even more Zepellins, even if they are not available to players. They give life to Orgrimmar.
    Anything environmental makes happy, makes major cities comfy.
    I'd love to have reasons to go to Bladefist Bay as well, expand the city to the shore, being able to see the ships from the city.

If Blizz felt the way you did, we'd all be able to fly, all the time. Just be grateful it's not all Zepps and boats all the time. It may yet happen, the way they keep artificially inflating the time it takes to do everything. Even with Pathfinder and the long wait to fly, they couldn't resist booby-trapping the skies in the newer (post ability to fly) BFA, to make flying a giant PITA.

Because the portals are mainly there for gameplay reasons.

The ordinary peon does not have a mage handy who can make him portals all year round.

And: I don't think the portal rooms are free for all citizens. We are not the citizens of Azeroth. We are a handfull of heroes. It doesn't show this way ingame because... well the game is freaking old and has its limit regarding cities. There are only three cities ingame which actually look like cities. Stormwind, Suramar City and to a degree Silvermoon. Maaaybe ironforge if you are generous.

So. They are here for flair.

By your argument the question comes up why we have foodvendors etc. ingame when mages can just conjure food whenever they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    If Blizz felt the way you did, we'd all be able to fly, all the time. Just be grateful it's not all Zepps and boats all the time. It may yet happen, the way they keep artificially inflating the time it takes to do everything. Even with Pathfinder and the long wait to fly, they couldn't resist booby-trapping the skies in the newer (post ability to fly) BFA, to make flying a giant PITA.
    Thank god they do. Otherwise we would just have a Diablo port into everything what we want to do. The game is open world. There has to be travel time or you can just give up this part and make everything seperate.

Which, you will probably be happy to hear, is exactly what they are doing in SL. No way to get from one place to another other then portals and stuff like it.