Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate8282 View Post
    The fact is I enjoy playing this way and will continue as long as it's viable. All I'm asking is if there was a way to better configure Raidbots to work better with this playstyle. If not that's OK. The main difference being that with specific items I tend to get more procs than expected because I tend to use more spells than the average player. Either way thanks for the comments.
    As someone mentioned, you can create a custom APL (action priority list) for your class/spec. Basically, you set the conditions for when you will use spells and under what conditions. May take a while to get used to the syntax, unless you're just making minor adjustments. I still use custom APL's for some classes/specs because default ones haven't always been the best and tend to sim lower, whether by accident, bug, or intent. Heck, I use custom boss scenarios that are tailored to actual boss fights versus just Patchwerk/HAC, especially when taking damage can affect your DPS output/logic. You can easily adjust the sims according to your playstyle if you know how to program it (there is documentation linked on the raidbots site, I believe).

People need to keep in mind the sims are a tool that's only as smart as you program it to be, and I'd say the majority of people probably aren't using them correctly when trying to figure out what's best in various scenarios. I had a recent scenario where my guild was having people sim a certain BoE w/ corruption to see who would gain the most benefit out of it, and everyone dicked up their sims in some manner to where the information they provided was vastly wrong. If you just want a "close enough" answer, that's closer to what most people are likely getting. However, I still get people asking me how their gear is simming one thing and are confused as to why they're doing everything right and the logs don't reflect the sims. Generally a case of people not using a tool correctly, then blaming the tool for being bad.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    People are 99% right in this thread, you have to adjust to the sim, not the other way.

That being said, sims always sim me 10-30k lower ST DPS than I normally end mythic+ and raid fights. The only reason is sometimes, procs line up outside of a norm, and if you adjust to it on the fly, its a DPS boost.
    Its surprising how many people post things with such little knowledge.

Sims dont show you "lower DPS" they show you what you set them to show you.

Of course the default sim, aka AFK mode Patchwerk 5 minutes with dual potions will have different results than a 1 minute bloodlust on pull M+ boss with potion.

Or 3 minute HC fights with lucky procs once every 20000 fights..

I mean..What?

Learn to sim yourself.

Sim Target dummy, set timer, 1-3-5 minutes, smack it till you figure out what you are fucking up with your opener or rotation and your actual minimum no buffs DPS should hover about all the time.

Sim Patchwerk 3-5mins depending on content you do.

Sim Dungeon Run or Patchwerk 3-7 targets, depending how your M+ group pulls for M+ gear and trinkets.

Sims arent wrong, its math and variables, what you give them, they count and tell you the result.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-12 at 03:14 PM.

that's kinda off topic question but if someone uses a slightly different rotation like OP how do you actually judge if it works? is 80 percentile "good"? obviously it's better than avarage but what is the threshold point? 90? 95%? is avarage 95% in that context good?

10+ Year Old Account
    People assume that because I enjoy a spamming playstyle that my DPS must be bad or I should then no longer care about min-maxing. Although yes I'm not going to be number 1 in rankings for a boss in the world I still do very well. I'm usually the highest DPS in my guild and I do well very on a single target fights (Mostly because I don't change gear or essences for AOE fights). Most of my logs are ranked around the 80th percentile.

The fact is I enjoy playing this way and will continue as long as it's viable. All I'm asking is if there was a way to better configure Raidbots to work better with this playstyle. If not that's OK. The main difference being that with specific items I tend to get more procs than expected because I tend to use more spells than the average player. Either way thanks for the comments.
    Show us some logs so we can at least get an idea what you mean. Also, like many people have said, you can input your own APL. If you need help come join the Skyhold discord and ask Archi himself since he's the one that is maintaining that APL

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    that's kinda off topic question but if someone uses a slightly different rotation like OP how do you actually judge if it works? is 80 percentile "good"? obviously it's better than avarage but what is the threshold point? 90? 95%? is avarage 95% in that context good?
    Its why any serious discussion about simming and warcraftlogs is joked about with "95th percentile or fuck off scrub".

In reality, warcraftlogs mostly matters the first few weeks where its progression/lower standards, after that lots of cheesing starts so its hard to actually tell things apart which is why it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Generally it has more to do with your overall score over the period.

Corruption at the moment skews things a lot, he might be getting 80% because he has some OP Rank 3 carrying a 20%, after all the % is just compared to others.

I mean, one of my healers is world ranked HC healer at "Damage", because he has been wearing Infinite Stars Rank 3 for like 3-4 weeks now, and getting 99s/100s at that category by keeping moonfire/sunfire running, only this week its a bit lower to like 95% because others seem to be wearing something similar also and pressing more buttons.

Doesnt actually mean anything skill wise.

Warcraftlogs are a double edged tool, people can call your shit out as easy as it is to fake ranks.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-12 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its why any serious discussion about simming and warcraftlogs is joked about with "95th percentile or fuck off scrub".

In reality, warcraftlogs mostly matters the first few weeks where its progression/lower standards, after that lots of cheesing starts so its hard to actually tell things apart which is why it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Generally it has more to do with your overall score over the period.

Corruption at the moment skews things a lot, he might be getting 80% because he has some OP Rank 3 carrying a 20%, after all the % is just compared to others.

I mean, one of my healers is world ranked HC healer at "Damage", because he has been wearing Infinite Stars Rank 3 for like 3-4 weeks now, and getting 99s/100s at that category by keeping moonfire/sunfire running, only this week its a bit lower to like 95% because others seem to be wearing something similar also and pressing more buttons.

Doesnt actually mean anything skill wise.

Warcraftlogs are a double edged tool, people can call your shit out as easy as it is to fake ranks.
    yeah thats why i honestly still don't know how to judge even myself, do i care about overall %? or per ilvl (i only do heroic so i guess for me that would be by ilvl?)

being in like top 10-5% feels good but is it because there is just huge amount of "bad" players?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah thats why i honestly still don't know how to judge even myself, do i care about overall %? or per ilvl (i only do heroic so i guess for me that would be by ilvl?)

being in like top 10-5% feels good but is it because there is just huge amount of "bad" players?
    Its how much you care and actually know what you are reading.

Its a broad spectrum, but it all comes down to "Your performance was in the top 2-5-10% this week for this boss."

I consider a good parse only the first few weeks of progression, someone that finished gearing 6 weeks in, after 500 M+ and farming during their 10th kill doesnt impress me.

The 90%+ parsers during progression with limited gear because they can actually play the game and adapt quickly while learning to actually play are more important that average pleb that AFKS everything to create a fake log/rank months into the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    Show us some logs so we can at least get an idea what you mean. Also, like many people have said, you can input your own APL. If you need help come join the Skyhold discord and ask Archi himself since he's the one that is maintaining that APL
    Thanks, I'll play with my own APL and see where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    rephrase it like this then: im a human i make mistakes in my rotation, is there a way i can setup sims so it optimizes taking that into account, instead of optimizing as if i was a robot?
    It sounds different to me, but if he really gets into the 80th percentile as he claims he actually can't be off that much.

Also, if you make ocassional mistakes that doesn't mean your stat weights are that different, no need to write your own apl lol.

You might also consider downloading and using Hekili if you aren't (assuming it is decent for fury, I don't know personally)

People assume that because I enjoy a spamming playstyle that my DPS must be bad or I should then no longer care about min-maxing. Although yes I'm not going to be number 1 in rankings for a boss in the world I still do very well. I'm usually the highest DPS in my guild and I do well very on a single target fights (Mostly because I don't change gear or essences for AOE fights). Most of my logs are ranked around the 80th percentile.

You don't press more buttons than the sim does for fury. Fury is GCD locked. The sim is pressing as many or more buttons than you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I don't quite understand "more spammy than Simss". Are you saying you are faster than CPU? Even that wouldn't make you more spammy because after all you are locked at GCD time.
    How can you possible get more procs than Simc?