Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I stopped caring about age after 18 and I'm only in my 20s

I don't even count my birthdays and when people ask my age, I have to do quick maths in my head because I don't even keep up with it.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

The only thing I can say is stop thinking about your age as something that defines anything about you.

It doesn't change anything unless you somehow allow it to.

You've been living in real life up until now...what's different? It's just a number. Don't let it have so much power over you.

I recall an acquaintance in his mid-50s that would insist on doing some serious rough-house shit. Pretty sure he broke most of his bones before hitting 60yrs of age.
    My bro hit 48 and tried telling me he fell in love with this 18yr old...I told him flat out that in two years that's going away. (I was right)

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Never had one, suspect I never will.

My life wasn't magical and fun during my childhood nor my early 20's. It was from 24 onwards that my life began to make sense, and I'm happy to be alive, even with my health issues.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    bOrRoWeD PoWeR U gUiS, 'TiS EvIl!!

Normal freakout stuff, like drugs, excessive drinking, and younger gals.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I'll be 35 in a couple of months and haven't had any of those moments yet.

I do have these thoughts like "man, I remember when I thought 30+ was old as shit, and now I'm in my 30's" or "shit, I'll be 40 in just 5 years" every once in a while. But that's been the extent of it.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2020-03-13 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Breakdown about turning 30? Get a grip.

Your life isnt a hollywood rom com. Life isnt over because you're 30. No one gives a shit. Be thankful it isnt the 1900's where you're only a decade away from death. antibiotics and surgery will keep you alive much longer than your previous generations so have a beer and remember that you are nothing in this wonderful universe and its only your ego that fears death.
    What he said. Or wrote.

What's so great about being between 20-30? When I look back I was just poor, now I can travel and take 2months holiday a year, and it's way less stress working then it was at school with deadlines and exams so often.

There isn't more responsibility now then it was when you where 23, in fact I find it less. You've done your choices, and now you reap the rewards. Health? This might blow up hard if you're one of those that skipped this lesson early. I can't remember a time when fitness wasn't an active part of the week.

awww, I have done so many dumb shiiiit, I don't even know what to start from)

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    lol Breakdown @ 30?

Bro, come back @ 45 when your left knee stops working as intended out of no where.

"Oh hay, let me grab this gallon of milk on sal..... OMFG WTF MY LEG!"
    Shit that happened to you at 45? I turn 40 at the end of the month and mine's been jacked since my teenage years, but that's because I used to believe (like most teenagers) that I was indestructible and abused the hell out of my body with sports and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

I think the dumbest thing I've done with my life is read this thread.

I'm soon 31 myself, and have a bit of a crisis.

Depression pretty much ate my last decade and change, from about 17 to 29. Was never really interested in any kind of dating (or anything, really) - until now. Except now, I feel I'm simply too late.

But I guess it's not all bad. I believe that qualifies me as a Wizard! Might as well as go for lichdom at this point. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Milestones in life aren’t marked by your age. It’s what you accomplish as you grow older.

I woke up, realized I was 30, in a terrible marriage, living in a shitty apartment, driving a car that was falling apart as fast as my marriage, living a thousand miles from my nearest family, remembered I had bills to pay and enjoyed not being a broke unemployed shitstain, so I put my big boy pants on, and went the fuck to work.

TLDR: I grew the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Having an age crisis is already dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Did I say life is over at 30?

I'm freaking out about the transition from young adulthood into actual adulthood. The mounting responsibilities and commitments.
    Am I the only one who thinks that hitting 'actual adulthood' at 30 is insanely late in the game? Perhaps that says more about my life than others, but by the time I was 30 I already had a family/kid, my own house, and was fairly financially stable. To be fair, I'd say I had to grow up fast due to my circumstances, but I had planned mostly everything out to where I was able to technically retire before I was 40, leaving me to do whatever I want afterwards (whether it's get another job, travel, hobbies/activities, etc.). Now I wouldn't say I'm the norm, but what I did for myself is still readily obtainable even today if someone puts in the effort.

Want my advice? Stop worrying about your age and transitioning, just set a life goal(s) and do what needs to be done to achieve said goal(s). Life forced me to learn that lesson in my early teens in order to keep myself alive, and I'd hazard a guess things are nice and comfy for you that such life lessons get missed until much later in life. Not your fault, just means times are peaceful and easy since such lessons weren't imparted on you by others out of necessity. Don't take that for granted, as I'm certain there are others even in this thread who would love such peaceful and easy times.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Nothing because I can't think of anything more silly to freak out about.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that hitting 'actual adulthood' at 30 is insanely late in the game? Perhaps that says more about my life than others, but by the time I was 30 I already had a family/kid, my own house, and was fairly financially stable. To be fair, I'd say I had to grow up fast due to my circumstances, but I had planned mostly everything out to where I was able to technically retire before I was 40, leaving me to do whatever I want afterwards (whether it's get another job, travel, hobbies/activities, etc.). Now I wouldn't say I'm the norm, but what I did for myself is still readily obtainable even today if someone puts in the effort.

Want my advice? Stop worrying about your age and transitioning, just set a life goal(s) and do what needs to be done to achieve said goal(s). Life forced me to learn that lesson in my early teens in order to keep myself alive, and I'd hazard a guess things are nice and comfy for you that such life lessons get missed until much later in life. Not your fault, just means times are peaceful and easy since such lessons weren't imparted on you by others out of necessity. Don't take that for granted, as I'm certain there are others even in this thread who would love such peaceful and easy times.
    I completely agree. It is insane that I'm feeling like I'm not an actual adult at 30.

I just accepted it. I am now nothing but an empty shell working my schedule waiting to die of Covid19 eventually. Its been a dull ride, 2/10 would not recommend.

if you waited till 30 to be an adult vs young adult you waited to long anyways....

that said if you are healthy and working out keep on it, and be ready in the next few years that you may slow down a bit on the runs, knees might start to hurt, and recovering from a night out might take an extra hour or so. All depends on you though. For me, it was 32 that my body was like nope no more youthful energy but my life also fell apart that year so that could be why vs age...
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020