Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horrific Vision Rewards, Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - March 11, 2020, Diablo Season 20

Next Week - Horrific Vision Rewards Always Corrupted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Beginning with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region the week of March 17, all gear rewards from Horrific Visions will be Corrupted.

We’ve heard from many players that Corrupted items were not obtainable enough, limiting their ability to play with the system and its inherent tradeoffs. This change will substantially increase the number of Corrupted items reliably earned each week, allowing players to choose from among a greater selection of Corrupted pieces and enjoy using those that work best in a given situation.

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - March 11, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      • Characters are now required to have Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve to queue for Raid Finder Wing 4, “The Waking Dream”.
        • Developers’ note: Due to the mechanics of both Wing 4’s boss fights, players who do not have the legendary cloak equipped are immediately mind controlled, burdening other players in their raid by not contributing to the kill. By enforcing this new restriction, Raid Finder groups will be set up for success and have a much higher chance of completing “The Waking Dream”.
      • N’Zoth the Corruptor
        • Increased the radius for Synaptic Shock to 15 yards (was 8 yards) on Raid Finder difficulty.
        • Reduced the total radius and expansion rate of Creeping Anguish on Raid Finder difficulty.
          • Developers’ note: These quality-of-life changes should increase the damage output of Raid Finder groups, specifically empowering them to bring down Psychus before it casts Manifest Madness and effectively becomes unkillable while wiping the raid.
      • Mythic Keystone Dungeon
        • Siege of Boralus
          • Sergeant Bainbridge (Horde) / Chopper Redhook (Alliance)
            • Damage inflicted when Heavy Ordnance expires now scales with keystone level. Damage inflicted when players or creatures run into Heavy Ordnance already scaled properly and remains unchanged.

Items and Rewards
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Sanguifang's Pulsating Canine to be used outside of Kul Tiras, Mechagon, Nazjatar, and Zandalar.

Mounts
    • Slightly increased the drop rate for Felblaze Infernal, Ironhoof Destroyer, and Swift Zulian Panther mounts.

Diablo Season 20
    Diablo Season 20 begins on Friday, March 13 at 5:00pm in each region. To learn more about the Season of the Forbidden Archives check the Diablo Season 20 Mega-Post on DiabloFans.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-03-12 at 11:14 AM.

Mounts
    Slightly increased the drop rate for Felblaze Infernal, Ironhoof Destroyer, and Swift Zulian Panther mounts.
    after 500+ kills on both the infernal and the destroyer i sure i hope i get it sometime soon. if only they increased the droprate for the archimonde mount too...

so you can get chest / shoulder / helmet from a vendor, neck and cloack come from quests, wrist/gloves/belt/feet/pants bis are now guaranteed corrupted from visions ... Mythic raid gearing really felt lackluster in TEP cause of benthic but this is becoming even worst. It feels i have like 4 boss i can get an upgrade from ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    so you can get chest / shoulder / helmet from a vendor, neck and cloack come from quests, wrist/gloves/belt/feet/pants bis are now guaranteed corrupted from visions ... Mythic raid gearing really felt lackluster in TEP cause of benthic but this is becoming even worst. It feels i have like 4 boss i can get an upgrade from ...
    Most of the things you get from visions and assaults are topped at 445 if you're lucky, which is Normal ilvl. Otherwise if you're like me with crappy luck, you get 420-430 from the chest most of the time.

That corruprion change is massive :O Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Most of the things you get from visions and assaults are topped at 445 if you're lucky, which is Normal ilvl. Otherwise if you're like me with crappy luck, you get 420-430 from the chest most of the time.
    Well, if you are talking mythic raiders, they should be able to get 470, 465 and 460 from vision reliably every week, which is a lot better chance on nice upgrade than mythic raid

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Well, if you are talking mythic raiders, they should be able to get 470, 465 and 460 from vision reliably every week, which is a lot better chance on nice upgrade than mythic raid
    This is my point exactly. There are very few piece of gear that you ACTUALLY get in the raid that are useful which feel very weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Yeah, I don't get you can't get 445 for doing a 4 objective + boss run. I haven't done masks yet, so I don't know if you get a higher item level from that but as it stands the gear isn't really worth it for me atm.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Meh, just what I needed... another reason to grind those horribly boring visions!

Thank god I raid as healer so I am not "forced" to pursue those OP dps corruptions!

I'd be mad if it had been a "today" hotfix, considering I just ran 5 mask full runs three times yesterday. Glad it's coming next week, even though it's Stormwind and I haven't conquered that vision yet. I agree with people though, this should've been there from the start.

This kind of changing feels similar to some workplaces where there's only two people working in tandem. It's the kind of "fix" that a client says "Hey, it would be nice if X did Y", and both developers adjust their code to do that. You kinda understand because it's only two guys working on it.

Except it's Blizzard and their hundreds of employees that apparently have the foresight of a starving mouse seeing the delicious cheese on the other side of an electrified cage. How come this idea didn't pop up in the months of testing and feedback? I'm kinda expecting that they'll annouce next week that the items sold by Wrathion can now stack. Yay.

Now finally a Reason to go for higher Mask runs in Visions

Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    Now finally a Reason to go for higher Mask runs in Visions
    If getting 470,465 and 460 gear is not enought for you what about getting double mementos for sockets? .

Now they need to STOP GIVING ME wrist every fucking week 2 wrist 470 and 465 are guaranteed for me

This is my point exactly. There are very few piece of gear that you ACTUALLY get in the raid that are useful which feel very weird.
    If only there could be a system that would unlock new interactions or extra abilities, buffs or procs (that's a mouthful... let's call bonuses!) if you collected 2 or even 4 pieces of gear in the raid. Like a set. We could call them set bonuses!

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    If getting 470,465 and 460 gear is not enought for you what about getting double mementos for sockets? .

Now they need to STOP GIVING ME wrist every fucking week 2 wrist 470 and 465 are guaranteed for me
    Pretty much this. Hate the fact that I only ever get a single slot of gear every week. RNG is bad enough on corruption. Really looking forward to my 100th belt with 5% leech...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Meanwhile you could upgrade every slot minus azerite thru running m+, and your first point of a vendor still holds true. Why are you pointing out grinding gear thru Benthic and now Visions when we’ve always had m+ to bypass raid gearing?

While it's cool they are updating the game, the past month or so really has me concerned because if you look at it a certain way, these updates are spaced out for some reason and through that looks like minor injections to keep this final patch relevant for longer. And I guess lately this is the kind of look they have invited through their company's cost-cutting methods. I really hope it's not the case, because fixes and improvements when really needed should not be used that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Meanwhile you could upgrade every slot minus azerite thru running m+, and your first point of a vendor still holds true. Why are you pointing out grinding gear thru Benthic and now Visions when we’ve always had m+ to bypass raid gearing?
    His point is that raiding is becoming irrelevant. It was bad last raid with benthic gear, but it's gotten to the point where doing raids is actually a waste of time.

EDIT: At the end of this expansion my alts will have full 470 gear without stepping foot into a mythic raid or any raid for that matter. That 5 extra item levels isn't exactly appealing enough to do mythic raids on alts...
    Last edited by urasim; 2020-03-12 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    His point is that raiding is becoming irrelevant. It was bad last raid with benthic gear, but it's gotten to the point where doing raids is actually a waste of time.

EDIT: At the end of this expansion my alts will have full 470 gear without stepping foot into a mythic raid or any raid for that matter. That 5 extra item levels isn't exactly appealing enough to do mythic raids on alts...
    Indeed.

It really needs to be fixed in Shadowlands. I'm fine with catch-up gear for alts, but I leave my alts at 430 ilvl because they don't need anything more. Yet from just doing the Heroic warfronts (for transmog) and emissaries, my most-played alt is 455.. My HC/Mythic raiding main, is at 464...

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get you can't get 445 for doing a 4 objective + boss run. I haven't done masks yet, so I don't know if you get a higher item level from that but as it stands the gear isn't really worth it for me atm.
    Well theres your issue. Do masks. A full clear gets your a 445. 1 mask 450 2 455 3 460 4 465 5 465. So of course its worth it unless youre deep into mythic which then you would already know of masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    While it's cool they are updating the game, the past month or so really has me concerned because if you look at it a certain way, these updates are spaced out for some reason and through that looks like minor injections to keep this final patch relevant for longer. And I guess lately this is the kind of look they have invited through their company's cost-cutting methods. I really hope it's not the case, because fixes and improvements when really needed should not be used that way.
    I can’t help but thinking the same thing. These QoL changes have been spaced out every two weeks even though Blizzard had all the feedback they needed Week 1 (or PTR even). I expect Account Wide Essences to be introduced alongside Shadowlands Alpha later this month to cement this theory.