Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    God forbid you have to play the game and not have everything handed to you. Player entitlement is getting worse and worse.
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.

  2. #242
    I just wish it'd work not just for alts. Would be so cool if you could play the content you want, even if the grind would be long.

  3. #243
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    People asked to be able to buy rank 3 on alts, now you can, try and spin it how ever you like but they did listen.
    Right? Such a simple concept to grasp and yet so many people trying to put some negative bullshit on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.
    If you can't find fun in the game, maybe stop playing instead of spending your life on a forum resenting the game that is no longer fun for you.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.
    So raiding, dungeons, PvP, assaults, visions, none of that is fun? Because you can do that on alts and get rank 3 essences starting next week.

    The point you and others are making is moot. You can from next week do exactly what you like to do and get rank 3 essences on your alts. You can do all the fun content and get rank 3 essences. Isn't that great? No one should believe that we should get handouts, it's directly bad for the game. Last time we had that was in WoD when staying in Garrison was fun and close to everything you needed was in there. Great stuff happened with the player base then. Remember when half the player base quit? Not gonna say they did great with BfA either, no doubt it has been bad, but this change isn't a bad thing. It's actually pretty awesome for everyone's alts.

    This game is supposed to have some sort of progression. But to me it seems that's not what you want at all, just logging in and expect it to be as powerful as everyone else. Because that is what you are saying here. Minimal grind for the most powerful shit in game is bad? Then you are playing the wrong game.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-14 at 07:52 PM.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, not even an hour after the announcement and the waves of revisionism have already begun.

    "GREAT CHNG BLIZZ BUT Y U NO DO IT ALRDY HUH Y U NVR LISTEN HUHHHHHH?!???!!??/"

    This community fucking sucks. It's an improvement. Please. Just leave it at that.
    Glad they heard so they can stop saying they don't. It's just majority asking for essences account wide. It's happening, i'm happy. And i agree with you, unfortunately kind of stresses me out, sometimes feels too childish or that the world is about to end because of a game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Right? Such a simple concept to grasp and yet so many people trying to put some negative bullshit on it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you can't find fun in the game, maybe stop playing instead of spending your life on a forum resenting the game that is no longer fun for you.
    Mirishka, by now we are more than vaccinated against to this than what is happening in the world right now with COVID-19. Honestly, i'm so used to this complaints now. lol

  6. #246
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Glad they heard so they can stop saying they don't. It's just majority asking for essences account wide. It's happening, i'm happy. And i agree with you, unfortunately kind of stresses me out, sometimes feels too childish or that the world is about to end because of a game.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Mirishka, by now we are more than vaccinated against to this than what is happening in the world right now with COVID-19. Honestly, i'm so used to this complaints now. lol
    You're right of course. lol
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  7. #247
    Thank God I won't have to do pvp to get Conflict and strife anymore.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    When are they going to learn that this kind of thing needs to be implemented as soon as the feature launches?

    First Legiondaries and now this. These systems leave a bitter taste when they could have been loved from start to finish.
    This. It's a very good change, it's just way too late. The cloak catchup is also not great, takes around 4 months from no cloak to 15 + full upgrades even with catchup.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  9. #249
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This. It's a very good change, it's just way too late. The cloak catchup is also not great, takes around 4 months from no cloak to 15 + full upgrades even with catchup.
    whaaat?
    "takes about 4 months from no cloak to 15"
    Idk if you know, but we are getting to 15 next week and it has only been 3 months...
    the catch up takes only about 3 weeks, not "4 months"
    next time look at your math, or even a calender?

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This. It's a very good change, it's just way too late. The cloak catchup is also not great, takes around 4 months from no cloak to 15 + full upgrades even with catchup.
    You take the full corruption (125) into account or? Or to 15? To 15 it will take you 2 months tops. We get more stuff from the assault now than we did in the beginning, so maybe even less than 2 months. I read until August for the 125 corrupted resistance max. So 4 months doesn't fit any of the scenarios? Typo? Patch 8.3 came out exactly 2 months ago, and we get 15 next reset, 3 days.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  11. #251
    What is going to be fun is if alts still need to earn rank 2 and seeing people's heads explode when they realize this rank 3 change doesn't really help them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    What is going to be fun is if alts still need to earn rank 2 and seeing people's heads explode when they realize this rank 3 change doesn't really help them.
    Whats interesting to me is that people seems to think that getting rank 3 essences on their alts are going to make stuff so much more fun to do. I can barely notice any difference except some power increase from main with everything to alts that have maybe 1 rank 3 and rest 2 and 1, and maybe got 5 essences, It doesn't change the gameplay as much as people seem to think. Guildies of mine says the same, they are now going to play their alts. I think they will get a reality check when they actually get to see how little it will do.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Let loot be loot.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    whaaat?
    "takes about 4 months from no cloak to 15"
    Idk if you know, but we are getting to 15 next week and it has only been 3 months...
    the catch up takes only about 3 weeks, not "4 months"
    next time look at your math, or even a calender?
    I imagine they are using the original numbers that had the back finishing in September. If not I hope somebody handles their money and any other things based with math.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Whats interesting to me is that people seems to think that getting rank 3 essences on their alts are going to make stuff so much more fun to do. I can barely notice any difference except some power increase from main with everything to alts that have maybe 1 rank 3 and rest 2 and 1, and maybe got 5 essences, It doesn't change the gameplay as much as people seem to think. Guildies of mine says the same, they are now going to play their alts. I think they will get a reality check when they actually get to see how little it will do.
    For me changing the mindset of knowing an alt is gutted for sure without certain traits or at a certain level when you get the part of the trait you really want. Plenty of minors get significantly better with the rank 3 version over a rank 1 also. The big change will be for people that only have the rank 1 crucible and nothing else, I know one of my alts has 2 empty minors because I don't want to deal with grinding anything for them and they are too far down the list to do the cloak stuff to unlock the corruption ones you get from there. Now my main has rank 3 or 4 on every trait they can get except blood for honor and that is only because I didn't want to spend the pvp marks on it, next week I will buy rank 2 and 3 is already unlocked via the achievement for honor earned. I am waiting until next week to make sure you can go from 0 or 1 to 3 and you don't need any other ranks prior to getting a boa 3 unlock.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  14. #254
    Stood in the Fire terminaltrip421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    [A] Azuremyst <US>
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If people can't handle doing the same repetitive tasks over and over, they shouldn't make alts in the first place.
    this is a dumb argument. virtually everyone already made the alts. I've had max level alts since TBC, the same expansion I joined, and got even more serious about it when the wrath pre-patch hit and they totally altered feral druids which is what I was maining. so you're saying I shouldn't make alts now that I have to put considerably more time into them to make them viable except that's a moot point because I've been maxing them out every time I've been subbed. how about not responding back to me. I don't appreciate narrow-minded people and apologists -like haters- are nothing but narrow-minded. in case it's not clear enough that's you.

  15. #255
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    I imagine they are using the original numbers that had the back finishing in September. If not I hope somebody handles their money and any other things based with math.
    Well yes, capping the cap entirely is in september. but to just get 15 is coming next week, but yes if you wanna MAX IT we gotta wait till september. but well thats only corruption resist.
    And anyone who comes back, literally can just get it done in like a few weeks...

  16. #256
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,926
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    this is a dumb argument. virtually everyone already made the alts. I've had max level alts since TBC, the same expansion I joined, and got even more serious about it when the wrath pre-patch hit and they totally altered feral druids which is what I was maining. so you're saying I shouldn't make alts now that I have to put considerably more time into them to make them viable except that's a moot point because I've been maxing them out every time I've been subbed. how about not responding back to me. I don't appreciate narrow-minded people and apologists -like haters- are nothing but narrow-minded. in case it's not clear enough that's you.
    Its a public forum about an MMO. If you can't handle people replying to you, or disagreeing with you, go play Skyrim.

    /ignored

    P.S. I'll reply to anyone I damn well please, thanks.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-15 at 01:24 AM.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well yes, capping the cap entirely is in september. but to just get 15 is coming next week, but yes if you wanna MAX IT we gotta wait till september. but well thats only corruption resist.
    And anyone who comes back, literally can just get it done in like a few weeks...
    Prior to them changing how fast you can rank up to 15 it would have taken people until the 2nd week of September to hit 15, which is part of the reason people were holding hope that the expansion would hit in October. As for as how long it will take to max out the new corruption cap on the cloak we have no idea and wont know until somebody actually hits it since it will almost certainly be altered somehow from now until then.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  18. #258
    its really suspicious that theyre announcing this without information on the cost. i think theyre setting themselves up for another shitstorm when the currency required will be astronomical or have a shit drop rate.

    for example the wakening essence from legion. it took you like 2 weeks to acquire 1000

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    its really suspicious that theyre announcing this without information on the cost. i think theyre setting themselves up for another shitstorm when the currency required will be astronomical or have a shit drop rate.

    for example the wakening essence from legion. it took you like 2 weeks to acquire 1000
    yeah i'll bet it will be like this but for legiondaries it was pointless when you already had them all while essences you will at least don't have to do content you don't like.

  20. #260
    Funny how stupid people are...
    Have no alts atm, but if I was going to create one... Im happy for this
    I can skip the time consuming rep grinding essence and get them in 2-4 weeks, And in the time I could easy work on the "time-gated" ones so in 2-4 weeks I would have all rank 3 essence I would need
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •