Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.

Why do that when they can just let their mind-authorities tell them what REALLY went down...?
    Seriously. If they don't listen, it's bad. If they do listen, it's bad anyway and they didn't really listen to feedback so "don't accept teh mediocrity!!"...

Utterly hopeless. At least they're happy on other forums.

From official channel: "Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game."
    Nah, what is happening is that they found another forced currency grind. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its really fun . and community is 100000times better then in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

grinding is integral part of mmorpg.

true.

but grind that makes sense and gives your toons progression .

all you are getting is temporary borrowed power that you will be stripped off in 3 months with shadowlands prepatch .

you are supporting wasting time for nothing .
    The community was better than WoW's... 6 years ago. Now I couldn't tell you the difference, same shits, different game.

I big timegate gets replaced by a smaller timegate
    Blizzard at its best

I cant wait to see how small of a timegate it will be

If you can farm this currency at free will...mark me impressed.

I think it's probably too late to recapture all the subs that were lost because of essences, especially since corruption probably triggered ANOTHER wave of unsubs (it certainly made me unsub) that are unlikely to come back just for account-wide essences.

What this kind of "late fixing" in the vein of Legiondaries tells us is that they knew the design was fucked up from the start but kept it anyway to try and milk more subtime by having people go through grinds they knew were unreasonable and unnecessary for balance. Should we as players really reward that mentality by resubbing? Up to the individual to decide, I suppose.

For me personally, it's not enough. The vast power gaps based in the RNG corruption system are still keeping me from having fun the way I want to have fun. Blizzard has their design philosophy, I get that, but it doesn't align (anymore?) with my expectations of the game. Until it does, I'll stay unsubbed. There's plenty of other things to take my money and time instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Now pit that "grind" against doing the 1-2-3 Essence-route with alts.

What are you on about? If that system with 5 echoes for a lvl 3 essence and a weekly cap of 3 echoes is set, it's going to be horrible.

In 2.5 weeks, I managed to do it like this, on a fresh account:
    - CLF r2 and 1/3 into r3
    - Protocol r3
    - Iris r3
    - Breath r3
    - Strife r2
    - Flame r4
    Some other essences at r2 or r1, like Vision (Vision is pretty good at r1) and some tanking crap I don't need anyway.
    And I didn't really play that much, just did dailes every day in Uldum and Mechagon, some M+ with guildies...

Can you apply the math and tell me which system is faster?

LOL, I hope they will do it like 3 echoes for 1 essence, cap is 5 / week, this way you can get almost 2 essences per week. Or something even faster. Else the system is pure garbage and useless as a pile of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    What are you on about? If that system with 5 echoes for a lvl 3 essence and a weekly cap of 3 echoes is set, it's going to be horrible.

In 2.5 weeks, I managed to do it like this, on a fresh account:
    - CLF r2 and 1/3 into r3
    - Protocol r3
    - Iris r3
    - Breath r3
    - Strife r2
    - Flame r4
    Some other essences at r2 or r1, like Vision (Vision is pretty good at r1) and some tanking crap I don't need anyway.
    And I didn't really play that much, just did dailes every day in Uldum and Mechagon, some M+ with guildies...

Can you apply the math and tell me which system is faster?

LOL, I hope they will do it like 3 echoes for 1 essence, cap is 5 / week, this way you can get almost 2 essences per week. Or something even faster. Else the system is pure garbage and useless as a pile of crap.
    And how much time have you put into it?
    Compare to what time 3 visions each week takes (and also the gathering of the vessels (that you will need for cloak on a new character anyways)...
    If you know can put time into it and get alot more, sure you will not benefit from it...
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

its really fun . and community is 100000times better then in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

grinding is integral part of mmorpg.

true.

but grind that makes sense and gives your toons progression .

all you are getting is temporary borrowed power that you will be stripped off in 3 months with shadowlands prepatch .

you are supporting wasting time for nothing .
    Community is better until you join savage raid, then you get the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Community is better until you join savage raid, then you get the same.
    dont know i play casualy .

dont care about nolifers communities

and for casual player ff14 is heaven compared to wow atm

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Nah, what is happening is that they found another forced currency grind. Nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

The community was better than WoW's... 6 years ago. Now I couldn't tell you the difference, same shits, different game.
    It aint forced, plus its not realyl a grind if it just comes from the stuff you do normaly..

dont know i play casualy .

dont care about nolifers communities

and for casual player ff14 is heaven compared to wow atm
    What do you mean casual? I am a casual and I am also a mythic raider. So what is casual for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Yeah, imagine if a game was fun, and not a chore. Can't have that, games are supposed to be chores.
    WoW is fun. Of course, for entitield players, it's only fun when they are handed everything for free. I wonder how these players manage to live in the real world when nothing is handed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly, I love them. I'm going to play anyway so why not get a discount + free mount in the process? To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this is their model going forward. Offer it to those who want it / will be playing and put the mount in the store separately for those who just want the mount.
    I admit that the sub fee is nothing but a drop in a bucket. But with continuously being subbed, you are supporting a bad product. Unless you truly enjoy BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    yeah i'll bet it will be like this but for legiondaries it was pointless when you already had them all while essences you will at least don't have to do content you don't like.
    I thought you said that it was so hard get legendaries, so you must have needed some on your main and alts then? And shouldn't you already have all essences if it's so great? I've seen you talk about how easy they are to get and how great the system is. So you don't need this upcoming change either, like legendaries. You had them all remember. It took you 12 months to get the BiS one though you didn't need for offspec? It was only 4 months from the time you got BiS, until that system. And since it took 4 weeks to get one(your words) then you would have missed 5-8 legendaries. Something is not quite right.

And stop lying about how you got wakening essences. It's funny how you twist things to put stuff from BfA in a better light. You got wakening essences from the raid ,mythic+ (weekly chest), emissaries, pvp in Legion. Up to now you have had to do stuff you don't like to get some of essences. Like pvp if you are a pve'r only to get good essences, for many, BiS. With legendaries you could do raid and dungeons only and get them.

So in essence(pun) the system will most likely be exactly the same as wakening essences. No difference whatsoever.

I swear, some people. Why try to spin it as something was worse in one expansion when you describe that you think it will be the same as in Legion. There are no exceptions, nothing different. Exactly the same.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-16 at 01:11 AM.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I thought you said that it was so hard get legendaries, so you must have needed some on your main and alts then? And stop lying about how you got wakening essences. It's funny how you twist things to put stuff from BfA in a better light. You got wakening essences from the raid ,mythic+, emissaries, pvp in Legion. Up to now you have had to do stuff you don't like to get some of essences. Like pvp if you are a pve'r only to get good essences, for many, BiS. With legendaries you could do raid and dungeons only and get them.

So in essence(pun) the system will most likely be exactly the same as wakening essences. No difference whatsoever.

I swear, some people. Why try to spin it as something was worse in one expansion when you describe that you think it will be the same as in Legion. There are no exceptions, nothing different. Exactly the same.
    LOL i never bothered to play with alts in legion, other than do some heroic with completely random legendaries, that was not only a dead end. Alts were completely dead for me in legion, i treated them as money making machines.

It's funny how you defend that garbage legiondaries even straight up lying about how "easy" it was to acquire them (no you didn't get showered in legiondaries).

I only had leggos on ONE spec. My main. And I put more effort into acquiring them than i put in entire WoD including challenge modes.
    Rest of specs/alts had maximum of 2-3 where bad luck protection was sky high and opening random box or doing random quests would give em to me.

It absolutely doesn't matter what I have to do to get legiondaries.
    I'd rather get gladiator while hating pvp than to kill 800 raid bosses.

It was literally THE worst system ever invented in wow. Essences are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Another feature that should have been account wide from the start.
    Blizzard doing their best to squeeze out that /playtime with boring grinding to the last moment possible.
    Of course they are. They are a business. What do you expect a business to do apart from make money? Give everything away for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

LOL i never bothered to play with alts in legion, other than do some heroic with completely random legendaries, that was not only a dead end. Alts were completely dead for me in legion, i treated them as money making machines.

It's funny how you defend that garbage legiondaries even straight up lying about how "easy" it was to acquire them (no you didn't get showered in legiondaries).

I only had leggos on ONE spec. My main. And I put more effort into acquiring them than i put in entire WoD including challenge modes.
    Rest of specs/alts had maximum of 2-3 where bad luck protection was sky high and opening random box or doing random quests would give em to me.

It absolutely doesn't matter what I have to do to get legiondaries.
    I'd rather get gladiator while hating pvp than to kill 800 raid bosses.

It was literally THE worst system ever invented in wow. Essences are ok.
    Just that I am not lying. You are however, and it's easy to check because you lie about the systems and how they worked themselves. Your legendary story isn't really coherent so something about your experience is false. Which just tells me that you spin it to favor this expansion. There is no need to lie. You like BfA better. No one is judging your opinion. Why even try to write something that isn't true like doing content you like to get wakening essences. So you didn't like to raid in Legion? Is that it? Why just not say that instead?

Let loot be loot.

Just that I am not lying. You are however, and it's easy to check because you lie about the systems and how they worked themselves. Your legendary story isn't really coherent so something about your experience is false. Which just tells me that you spin it to favor this expansion. There is no need to lie. You like BfA better. No one is judging your opinion. Why even try to write something that isn't true like doing content you like to get wakening essences. So you didn't like to raid in Legion? Is that it? Why just not say that instead?
    Oh yes you lied. That or you were most lucky player alive.
    My legendary story is super coherent as I still have screenshot of when I have obtained my boots:
    https://i.imgur.com/OUaktQS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MTjIZAj.png

26 April 2017

almost exactly 8 months after legion release

While you on the other hand claim you've got legendary each 2 weeks. Which means you have either doubled the effort I put in killing those 803 bosses or you are lying.

Oh yes you lied. That or you were most lucky player alive.
    My legendary story is super coherent as I still have screenshot of when I have obtained my boots:
    https://i.imgur.com/OUaktQS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MTjIZAj.png

26 April 2017

almost exactly 8 months after legion release

While you on the other hand claim you've got legendary each 2 weeks. Which means you have either doubled the effort I put in killing those 803 bosses or you are lying.
    You claimed earlier you got it 7-12(why would you add the 12 LOL?) months earlier in which would be august/september. Not only did you exaggarate, you proved that you did it too. Good job. So it took you 7 months. With 3 mythic+ each week that's not a big surprise. And like I said, not a coherent story.

And I don't lie. I got my last one which were the MKII Gyro gloves for MM in early march which were added for Nightold. I also played survival so I changed back and forth during Nighthold. So I had more leggos than just my main-spec by then.

I did check your raider.io page. You were doing 16 timed runs in whole of season 7.2, which explains a lot. I did in comparison, 93 timed runs. You didn't do shit for your BLP, and that's your answer. Maybe learn how the BLP worked before you claim people lie. You seem to also list only raids and how many you did. And doing raids were important for BLP, but the amount of m+ tells me that you didn't bother doing the effort. Then blame that, not ours "super luck"

Shame raider.io doesn't show the season before 7.2 Would be fun to look at the 100s of mythic+ I did from I dinged until 7.1.5. Stats says I did 184 MoS and 125 CoS and I even changed main in ToS and forward to the end of Antorus. So much fun doing mythic+ with the best spec ever in WoW, Marksmanship. BfA butchered it of course. Good things can't last.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-16 at 07:54 AM.

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    And how much time have you put into it?
    Compare to what time 3 visions each week takes (and also the gathering of the vessels (that you will need for cloak on a new character anyways)...
    If you know can put time into it and get alot more, sure you will not benefit from it...
    Heh, not that much time. The problem was repeating the content.
    Had to do daily Mechagon and daily Uldum, but really complete (all dailies + all 6 bonus areas). I have used HandyNotes for fast fly-do-flyaway.
    For CLF I did have to PUG Eternal Palace twice and I still need to do it to complete rank 3.
    Iris came naturally from M+ chest. I don't do much M+ a weekly high one is all it's needed.

Problem is that if they gate the catch-up system for essences then there is no point in having a catch-up system in the 1st place, is it? The idea is to let people do it faster, no sloooooooooower (even if with lower effort). Maybe the complaint on the forums is has not been fully understood by everyone.
    Also people with 3-4 alts, doing 3-4 visions per week, every week for months to get decent esences... I mean to get that many Vessels you need to farm Uldum and Vale like a maniac, daily. Not sure you really understand the picture, but visions do have some work behind, they are not free.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    I admit that the sub fee is nothing but a drop in a bucket. But with continuously being subbed, you are supporting a bad product. Unless you truly enjoy BFA.
    To be honest, I have no issues with BFA. Sure a couple things here and thing would be nice for QoL, but other than that no issues. Then again I've been subbed for every expansion for practically the entire duration so nothing new there. Everything isn't as doom and gloom as people make it out to be. Sure there are preferences everyone has, but that doesn't mean the entire thing is bad.

You claimed earlier you got it 7-12(why would you add the 12 LOL?) months earlier in which would be august/september. Not only did you exaggarate, you proved that you did it too. Good job. So it took you 7 months. With 3 mythic+ each week that's not a big surprise. And like I said, not a coherent story.

And I don't lie. I got my last one which were the MKII Gyro gloves for MM in early march which were added for Nightold. I also played survival so I changed back and forth during Nighthold. So I had more leggos than just my main-spec by then.

I did check your raider.io page. You were doing 16 timed runs in whole of season 7.2, which explains a lot. I did in comparison, 93 timed runs. You didn't do shit for your BLP, and that's your answer. Maybe learn how the BLP worked before you claim people lie. You seem to also list only raids and how many you did. And doing raids were important for BLP, but the amount of m+ tells me that you didn't bother doing the effort. Then blame that, not ours "super luck"

Shame raider.io doesn't show the season before 7.2 Would be fun to look at the 100s of mythic+ I did from I dinged until 7.1.5. Stats says I did 184 MoS and 125 CoS and I even changed main in ToS and forward to the end of Antorus. So much fun doing mythic+ with the best spec ever in WoW, Marksmanship. BfA butchered it of course. Good things can't last.
    Because I didn't bother to check fist, I only remembered it was somewhere around the middle of NH raid. It took me 8 months not 7. 27 days is not closer to zero month than it is to full month.

Nevertheless I always said truth. Then I actually checked.

Like I said, you lied and did not provide any proof. So far my story is 100x more credible than yours.
    Sure you might be doing more M+ but I did at least twice the amount of raid bosses you did.

MM was absolute garbage in legion. Worst iteration ever, best was in WoD HFC, worst was legion, BfA is just mediocre but still better than that abomination in legion with sidewinders. God I hated that spell so much, I hated that tier set that made you 8s turret.

And it still doesn't absolutely change a fact that farming so much just to get one item is completely retarded and blizzard apologized for that.