Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You get currency per dungeon done.. So sure, if you only do bare minimum you need to do high end, but once again that means you don't get gear either.. So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared. By tee sound of it you will have your essences about the time you are geared for high end content.
    You get very little for dungeon clear.

    Just wanted to say that you wont make it in 1-2 weeks without no life.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You can buy on alts the rank 3 essences you already unlocked on another chars; you are not able to buy essences you have never obtained on any of your chars.



    I have never been kicked from pugs because I didn't have the best essences. My monk alt pugged a +10 last reset with two rank 1 essences, and not even the good ones.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/s...3-10-ataldazar (I was the healer)
    You were a healer.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You were a healer.
    It's pretty easy to find a healer; way harder to find a proper tank. There's almost never a healer shortage, especially for a +10.

  3. #383
    Dreadlord Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    You get very little for dungeon clear.

    Just wanted to say that you wont make it in 1-2 weeks without no life.
    I get about 34 per 15. You also get 45 from doing bg dailies and 50 from emissary. This isn't even counting the essentially free 2 rank 3 essences you get at the start of every week from weekly shit. Its entirely doable to go from no essences to 4 rank 3's in a week, even more so for two lockouts.


    I am someone who has historically been passionate about terrible grinds, but this currency isn't hard or impractical to farm even as a casual player, you just have to do what you should normally be doing on characters you care about anyhow.

    Considering you won't be able to do any high-end content until a weekly reset anyhow due to missing 465 residum Azerite, its a non factor.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I get about 34 per 15. You also get 45 from doing bg dailies and 50 from emissary. This isn't even counting the essentially free 2 rank 3 essences you get at the start of every week from weekly shit. Its entirely doable to go from no essences to 4 rank 3's in a week, even more so for two lockouts.


    I am someone who has historically been passionate about terrible grinds, but this currency isn't hard or impractical to farm even as a casual player, you just have to do what you should normally be doing on characters you care about anyhow.

    Considering you won't be able to do any high-end content until a weekly reset anyhow due to missing 465 residum Azerite, its a non factor.
    One thing, emissaries are disabled. They bugged out with Unshackled rep.

    And yes, i admit, playing a week casually should give you one essence. So it is 4 weeks give or take.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    It's pretty easy to find a healer; way harder to find a proper tank. There's almost never a healer shortage, especially for a +10.
    In legion i hat more bad healers than bad tanks. Maybe things shifted.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I dont need legs if im not doing a marathon?

    Oh my...
    Yes, because comparing something in a video game to something IN THE REAL WORLD is a completely valid comparison. /S

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

    You were a healer.
    And yet they still got the job done, in a more vital role. So....your point?

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    In legion i hat more bad healers than bad tanks. Maybe things shifted.
    Tanks have an enormous responsability on BfA, way more than healers, and it's a unpopular role so you'll often see groups looking for a tank for several minutes. I was not discussing the player quality, but the role availability. And pugs tend to be more picky about tanks: you can carry a bad/undergeared healer to some extent, but it's way harder to carry a bad/undergeared tank.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    And yet they still got the job done, in a more vital role. So....your point?
    He just thought I was picked because I had a very desirable role and had no ill intent.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 03:48 PM.

  7. #387
    Dreadlord Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Tanks have an enormous responsability on BfA, way more than healers, and it's a unpopular role so you'll often see groups looking for a tank for several minutes. I was not discussing the player quality, but the role availability. And pugs tend to be more picky about tanks: you can carry a bad/undergeared healer to some extent, but it's way harder to carry a bad/undergeared tank.
    Really I find it to be the opposite.



    It doesn't require any skill to copy+paste a verified route and hold aggro, a good healer can heal a tank that sucks mechanically, as not even tank DPS is important until higher keys. Furthermore most dps can substitute as a 'tank' even if the tank dies for certain bosses, better if its not tyrannical.

    But with a shit healer there's so much that can go wrong. If anyone makes any mistakes and takes damage there's a high chance they're probably dead especially during this week with grevious. It sucks because people often make dumb mistakes but good healers can prevent them from being wipes, bad healers usually will cook keys.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    Yes, because comparing something in a video game to something IN THE REAL WORLD is a completely valid comparison. /S
    I just hate it when someone says "i dont need" stuff just because i almost only do Random Battlegrounds and World PvP.
    Am i a lower class citizen just because of that?

    I love customization and i WANT to have all types of customization to tst them...and play around with them.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But how much time will it take with a fair amount and casual playstyle?

    And since we are here...how much time will it take for a no-life playstyle?

    Ill try and do the math myself later. I just came back to BfA to play some random BGs. Classic random experience is crap.
    As someone who is currently playing the bare minimum, invasions, visions, and emissaries, due to GPU and personal issues I am looking at getting 1 essence per week. If your under that then you don't deserve to have the essences since your not willing to do the work to get them.

  10. #390
    They're alts. Alts are for messing around, not "putting the time in". That is why it's a failure.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Really I find it to be the opposite.



    It doesn't require any skill to copy+paste a verified route and hold aggro, a good healer can heal a tank that sucks mechanically, as not even tank DPS is important until higher keys. Furthermore most dps can substitute as a 'tank' even if the tank dies for certain bosses, better if its not tyrannical.

    But with a shit healer there's so much that can go wrong. If anyone makes any mistakes and takes damage there's a high chance they're probably dead especially during this week with grevious. It sucks because people often make dumb mistakes but good healers can prevent them from being wipes, bad healers usually will cook keys.
    Let's agree to disagree then. I left a WM +10 one hour ago after 5% enemy forces completion because the tank used the first obelisk then decided to drag around the blob boss in the dungeon (to the goliath, then to the sisters). Of course it's grievous week, of course dps are slowed and hurt by the tentacles, and of course the blob boss vomits toxic aoe in narrow corridors.

    I'm a healer main and I'm prepared for the grievous shitshow, but not to this extent. It doesn't require any skill to copy-paste the optimal route, you're right. But I've played with so questionable tanks the last couple of weeks that I'm grateful if the tank knows at least the route.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I just hate it when someone says "i dont need" stuff just because i almost only do Random Battlegrounds and World PvP.
    Am i a lower class citizen just because of that?

    I love customization and i WANT to have all types of customization to tst them...and play around with them.
    Then work for it then?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 06:16 PM.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You dont need essences if you are not doing high end content.
    that is so not true. and so biased.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    As someone who is currently playing the bare minimum, invasions, visions, and emissaries, due to GPU and personal issues I am looking at getting 1 essence per week. If your under that then you don't deserve to have the essences since your not willing to do the work to get them.
    Thats why i miss titanforging the most. Not because it was fun system with nice suprise which everyone benefitet.

    I miss it because i could trigger people who thinks i did not deserve that. And, if it was better that what they have, to disenchant it and /trade them the shard.

    I was happy then :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They're alts. Alts are for messing around, not "putting the time in". That is why it's a failure.
    In your opinion. Your alts are sad that you are talking about them in public.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Then work for it then?
    You mean...login everyday (AGAIN) every week for 1+ month to farm rep (AGAIN)?
    Doing the same exact thing i did on my main?

    No ty

    With this system at least i can get 1 per week...which is a very mild timegate...which is fine IMO
    Still a pesky timegate...

  15. #395
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You get currency per dungeon done.. So sure, if you only do bare minimum you need to do high end, but once again that means you don't get gear either.. So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared. By tee sound of it you will have your essences about the time you are geared for high end content.
    The issue is that this process becomes tedious after 3-4 alts. The rate at which you get echoes is pathetically slow and only benefits those that try to balance 2-3 characters max. It's easy to maintain a +10, do heroic nyalotha on just a few characters, but when you have 12+ alts, the process takes quite a bit longer. The only reason I have as many alts as I do is because of blizzard and their allied race system. Because of them adding more and more races, I leveled more and more alts. I enjoy each alt uniquely, but due to lacking r3 essences, I can't fully enjoy my alts the way I do my 4 maintained characters.

    Sure I can grind dungeons and get echoes, but by the time I get 3 r3 essences on just one alt, I'd be burnt out from the shear grinding. And then what do I gain by having my full toolkit? I get the privileged of doing what I was already doing, just now with my r3 essences. No one asked for a currency system, that was 100% blizzards doing and convincing themselves this is what players were asking for. Then there are players who only play 2-3 characters max who had no issue with the old system and then they have the audacity to tell others "So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared." Gearing up takes no time at all, literally in a single week I can take a 430 alt to 470+. Even if I were to bunker down and focus only on 1 alt at a time, It would take atleast 2-3 weeks just to get 3 r3 essences on that char.

    Again, no one asked for blizzard to implement a currency system. The requests were specific, give us account-wide essences so that we don't have to grind them on our alts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The issue is that this process becomes tedious after 3-4 alts.
    I just came back to BfA yesterday...let me ask you something...must the quests to unlock the "legendary cloak" be repeated for every alt?

    Ma man...that crap took me 3-4 hours today...just to unlock the crappy version of the cloak...and after 3-4 hours i saw "more quests" and said F-THIS! Not today at least

    I dont mind (at all) doing this one time but there is no way in hell i will repeat this for my demon hunter.

  17. #397
    Bloodsail Admiral Moggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I just came back to BfA yesterday...let me ask you something...must the quests to unlock the "legendary cloak" be repeated for every alt?

    Ma man...that crap took me 3-4 hours today...just to unlock the crappy version of the cloak...and after 3-4 hours i saw "more quests" and said F-THIS! Not today at least

    I dont mind (at all) doing this one time but there is no way in hell i will repeat this for my demon hunter.
    There’s a couple skips in the chain which shortens it from 2-3 hours to 2-3 hours.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You mean...login everyday (AGAIN) every week for 1+ month to farm rep (AGAIN)?
    Doing the same exact thing i did on my main?

    No ty

    With this system at least i can get 1 per week...which is a very mild timegate...which is fine IMO
    Still a pesky timegate...
    You heavily overestimate the amount of commitment needed to get the account wide essences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I just came back to BfA yesterday...let me ask you something...must the quests to unlock the "legendary cloak" be repeated for every alt?

    Ma man...that crap took me 3-4 hours today...just to unlock the crappy version of the cloak...and after 3-4 hours i saw "more quests" and said F-THIS! Not today at least

    I dont mind (at all) doing this one time but there is no way in hell i will repeat this for my demon hunter.
    You can skip two lengthy scenarios on your alts: the first one (Halls of origination) and the Mogushan palace one.

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I enjoy each alt uniquely, but due to lacking r3 essences, I can't fully enjoy my alts the way I do my 4 maintained characters.

    Sure I can grind dungeons and get echoes, but by the time I get 3 r3 essences on just one alt, I'd be burnt out from the shear grinding. And then what do I gain by having my full toolkit? I get the privileged of doing what I was already doing, just now with my r3 essences. No one asked for a currency system, that was 100% blizzards doing and convincing themselves this is what players were asking for. Then there are players who only play 2-3 characters max who had no issue with the old system and then they have the audacity to tell others "So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared." Gearing up takes no time at all, literally in a single week I can take a 430 alt to 470+. Even if I were to bunker down and focus only on 1 alt at a time, It would take atleast 2-3 weeks just to get 3 r3 essences on that char.

    Again, no one asked for blizzard to implement a currency system. The requests were specific, give us account-wide essences so that we don't have to grind them on our alts.
    That's definitely a "you" issue if you feel the need to have r3 essences ON 12 DIFFERENT CHARS! "I can't fully enjoy my alts because they don't have r3 essences, but if I have the full tooklit I will do what I was already doing", so why the fuck are you complaining?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 08:09 PM.

  19. #399
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I just came back to BfA yesterday...let me ask you something...must the quests to unlock the "legendary cloak" be repeated for every alt?

    Ma man...that crap took me 3-4 hours today...just to unlock the crappy version of the cloak...and after 3-4 hours i saw "more quests" and said F-THIS! Not today at least

    I dont mind (at all) doing this one time but there is no way in hell i will repeat this for my demon hunter.
    I got the cloak on 5 of my chars before I realized you could skip 2 of the scenarios, but eventually I got my cloak on all 12 of my chars. I then proceeded to try and keep up with assaults on all of them for the first couple weeks before nyalotha released and eventually I just burnt out. Blizzard creates all these allied races and people as a result make alts. If they're not going to make the game easier on alts, then why add allied races? The whole essence system is a huge bust because the process of obtaining r3 essences on 12 chars is too tedious, even after the changes. My issue is that there was no justifiable reason not to make them account-wide, yet blizzard figured their best course of action was to retain a grind by creating a new way of obtaining r3 essences, something NO ONE asked for. We wanted account-wide essences with zero restrictions and blizzard can't even do that.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I got the cloak on 5 of my chars before I realized you could skip 2 of the scenarios, but eventually I got my cloak on all 12 of my chars. I then proceeded to try and keep up with assaults on all of them for the first couple weeks before nyalotha released and eventually I just burnt out. Blizzard creates all these allied races and people as a result make alts. If they're not going to make the game easier on alts, then why add allied races? The whole essence system is a huge bust because the process of obtaining r3 essences on 12 chars is too tedious, even after the changes. My issue is that there was no justifiable reason not to make them account-wide, yet blizzard figured their best course of action was to retain a grind by creating a new way of obtaining r3 essences, something NO ONE asked for. We wanted account-wide essences with zero restrictions and blizzard can't even do that.
    Jesus christ, get some help dude, you're seriously addicted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •