Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Newly dinged alt, 20 hours played(before I did transmog runs, 22 hours now)

• 77.5 HoA level
    • Essences
      Rank 3 Blood of the Enemy
      Rank 3 Conflict and Strife
      Rank 3 Breath of the Dying
      Rank 4 Crucible of Flame¨
    • Item level: 444
    • Cloak: 7

Not really time consuming to get a newly dinged alt up to speed. What I am behind now is item level and that's saying something since item level is so easy to get up until you hit around 455 then you need to do stuff like mythic 10++++ and heroic raid which is what I am doing next. I have not done anything else than what I usually do, I don't do dailies on the assaults, just the assaults themselves, and I even forgot to deliver a quest for the cloak once so I did a run without getting upgrade lol. I have gotten 50 to 100 echoes from each run in Horrific Visions.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    sure.. vessels account wide, got anymore fairytales?
    I'm asking how many vessels he had before the essences became account wide. Read the entire discussion, but carefully next time. Especially since I'm mentioning an alt not having that many. Thinking not your strongest side?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Newly dinged alt, 20 hours played(before I did transmog runs, 22 hours now)

• 77.5 HoA level
    • Essences
      Rank 3 Blood of the Enemy
      Rank 3 Conflict and Strife
      Rank 3 Breath of the Dying
      Rank 4 Crucible of Flame¨
    • Item level: 444
    • Cloak: 7

Not really time consuming to get a newly dinged alt up to speed. What I am behind now is item level and that's saying something since item level is so easy to get up until you hit around 455 then you need to do stuff like mythic 10++++ and heroic raid which is what I am doing next. I have not done anything else than what I usually do, I don't do dailies on the assaults, just the assaults themselves, and I even forgot to deliver a quest for the cloak once so I did a run without getting upgrade lol. I have gotten 50 to 100 echoes from each run in Horrific Visions.
    Don't start celebrating just yet. You will still be quite behind because of corruptions. Hours played don't matter, because those most likely spanned over 2-3 weeks. Amount of weekly resets would be a better metric, because that is the problem - it takes resets, even if in hours played it could be something miniscule, like 5 hours or so just for the emissaries, invasions and a mythic plus for the weekly chest. It's the weekly timegate that bothers people with it.
    Last edited by awadh; 2020-03-28 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    I'm asking how many vessels he had before the essences became account wide. Read the entire discussion, but carefully next time. Especially since I'm mentioning an alt not having that many. Thinking not your strongest side?

Don't start celebrating just yet. You will still be quite behind because of corruptions.
    you're trying too hard to make a mountain out of a molehill, pal

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post

Don't start celebrating just yet. You will still be quite behind because of corruptions. Hours played don't matter, because those most likely spanned over 2-3 weeks. Amount of weekly resets would be a better metric, because that is the problem - it takes resets, even if in hours played it could be something miniscule, like 5 hours or so just for the emissaries, invasions and a mythic plus for the weekly chest. It's the weekly timegate that bothers people with it.
    It's my alt, I don't "get behind", and its very powerful compared to the time invested. And don't get me started on corruption. All my alts got Infinite Stars, except my main. Given up on the main completely. So yeah, the rng part of corruption sucks. But for alts I couldn't care much. On my second hunter yesterday I did my 5th vision on it, got rank 3 infinite stars. I wasn't even happy, just furious because another alt get it while my main with 100s of hours played in 8.3 got shit corruption. No Bad Luck Protection on it either and the difference is higher than the legendaries in Legion. I can go all the way to Shadowlands without getting Infinite Stars on my main.

Again, the post was just a metric of how much power you can get in a short amount of time. I dinged 120 on tuesday. Alts ain't a problem in 8.3. It's very easy to power up. My issue is that the one character I care the most about doesn't get good corruption. Only one among the raiders that have not gotten at least Infinite Stars rank 2/3 so far.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

Predictably this system worked out great. Feels insanely easy to catch alts up at this point, especially if you have some friends to carry m+ for you (even more so when they armor stack for you so you get two 465 pieces every run almost), pretty quick to unlock at least 4 r3 essences which is all you really need for your main spec most of the time, and the neck moves along to 75 really fast now as well so that's not too bad either.

Overall I went in to 8.3 figuring I'd never play any of my alts until Shadowlands, and now I already have multiple I plan on keeping up to date. Biggest thing now is the cloak upgrade, mostly because doing the visions 5 times a week is just tedious, luckily though that'll be finished eventually and I'll be able to just do m+ and arenas on them.

After 1 and a half week of gameplay i gathered 2000 of this currency.
    Is completely acceptable in my opinion.

I just wish everything in the game was like this.