Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you're gonna have to play your alt actively to get the currency
    which is no different than actually getting the rep in the first place
    love it.
    Difference with rep grinds is that you can only do so much in one day. Least with this, you can grind as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    please please please please don't make me farm a whole week for 1 essence
    pleeeeeease
    2-3 hopefully. Or a weekly cap that makes you only get like 75% of what you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBigglez View Post
    Difference with rep grinds is that you can only do so much in one day. Least with this, you can grind as much as you want.
    you don't know that yet

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    They aren't listening. They are offering a shitty fix which in reality is just an alternate grinding path. Stop accepting this mediocrity.

But to be fair, even a full on free of charge account shared essence system wouldn't bring me back at this point, it's about a year too late to implement that.

They have to make sure to improve everything for Shadowlands at this point. BFA's appeal is gone, well and over a long time ago. Last chance.

No one's accepting shit and this take isn't nearly as smart as u think it is.

For the people who were already enjoying game this makes it better, and for those who didn't enjoy it because alts were too grindy this solves that problem too.

I have a high standard for Blizzard but I'm not going to whine when they put in a change that makes my gameplay significantly easier.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Apparently it is good, as it's getting implemented.

Let us not pretend it's because they listen, as opposed to it being because that now, after several time of the feature being active and consumed by a good portion of the playerbase, it's time to stretch it out a bit further by squeezing those who were waiting to focus on alts.

We are truly blessed for having a benevolent company like Blizzard looking after us.
    Finally someone who gets it.

Surprise surprise people, obvious poorly designed flaws that should have been fixed before day 1 are also obvious to Blizzard. Disincentivizing people from playing the many different classes Blizzard worked so hard on as alts to stretch out existing content isn't exactly a genius move. But they do it to stretch out subs. It was literally the same thing in Legion when they finally allowed us to purchase the legendaries we wanted instead of leaving it all up to RNG... a few months before BFA released. It's not the Benevolent Blizzard listening to our valued feedback, mulling it over for months on end, then finally deciding to give it to us after a change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that straight forward. They've just added a grind for a new currency which is required to purchase each of the individual essences on an individual Alt which means it's more like Account Wide Vendor access. Granted we don't know cost or drop rate yet but it's amazing how much Blizzard doesn't want to concede to people's requests for Account Wide Essences and stubbornly trying to make it their "win" by still forcing a grind.
    Pretty clueless tbh. Why give something away for free when you can get the customer to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    No, what they do and I'm 100% sure you haven't noticed it because you're a forum complainer, is that they bottleneck.
    At the start of a patch, rerolling is harder, and it is intentional.
    They *always* relax requirements and nerf content as a patch goes on for a period of time. Granted I was hoping they stuck to their guns, making you have to do content to get currency rather than have everything automatically attainable is a compromise I'll accept.
    Why are you attempting to apply critical thinking to this situation? We all know the reason Blizzard didn't do it is because ION IS DA WRST GAEM DEVELLOPER OF ALL TIEM and the only reason they're bothering to change it is CUZ DA BEAN CUNTERS SAY THEY LOOSING TOO MANY SUBS TO PPL QUITTING CUZ GAEM SUX.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.
    My rejoice knows no bounds. I almost didn't click the thread, fearing yet more cringe worthy click bait.
    You are in fact, the greatest of mammalian royalty. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Finally someone who gets it.

Surprise surprise people, obvious poorly designed flaws that should have been fixed before day 1 are also obvious to Blizzard. Disincentivizing people from playing the many different classes Blizzard worked so hard on as alts to stretch out existing content isn't exactly a genius move. But they do it to stretch out subs. It was literally the same thing in Legion when they finally allowed us to purchase the legendaries we wanted instead of leaving it all up to RNG... a few months before BFA released. It's not the Benevolent Blizzard listening to our valued feedback, mulling it over for months on end, then finally deciding to give it to us after a change of heart.
    I'm hoping it's more a desperate move to try and stop classic from destroying sl.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why are you attempting to apply critical thinking to this situation? We all know the reason Blizzard didn't do it is because ION IS DA WRST GAEM DEVELLOPER OF ALL TIEM and the only reason they're bothering to change it is CUZ DA BEAN CUNTERS SAY THEY LOOSING TOO MANY SUBS TO PPL QUITTING CUZ GAEM SUX.
    I apologize.

5 Echoes of Ny’alotha are needed to purchase a rank 3 essence.

Weekly Echoes of Ny’alotha cap is 3.

Alts are finally fixed. Enjoy your new grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    I'm hoping it's more a desperate move to try and stop classic from destroying sl.
    Imagine typing this and being 100% serious.

But thats not account bound....wide w/e...We haft to grind... Okay...they caved at least, but meeh.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, not even an hour after the announcement and the waves of revisionism have already begun.

"GREAT CHNG BLIZZ BUT Y U NO DO IT ALRDY HUH Y U NVR LISTEN HUHHHHHH?!???!!??/"

This community fucking sucks. It's an improvement. Please. Just leave it at that.
    NEVER! Ysera and Alexstrasza could come out of the damn computer and give you a back rub and people would still bitch. Where is my Wrathion foot rub at huh Blizzard?! Don't expect anything positive from this community, just enjoy the change and maybe make a joke or two.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post

called it

Btw if you actually played your chars you'd have had all the relevant essences months ago but, yanno

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    My rejoice knows no bounds. I almost didn't click the thread, fearing yet more cringe worthy click bait.
    You are in fact, the greatest of mammalian royalty. <3
    Glad to see you and others taking some joy in this announcement, thank you very much! --<@

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Now we just need to know how many Echoes of Ny’alotha we'll need to farm to buy one essence...
    As I was telling a friend of mine. It's too soon to be happy about it. For all we know it takes 20 pieces of currency for 1 rank 3. Then you get 1 per activity per week and you could farm up the Rank 3 you wanted faster in some cases.

Are these confirmed to be the final numbers? Asking for a friend because I'm still waiting for my pitchfork to arrive.

Now pit that "grind" against doing the 1-2-3 Essence-route with alts.

"Listened to feedback" yea right . Like this wasn't part of their dastardly plan to begin with, but this makes people think they give a shit about your "feedback". If Ion had a mustache, he'd be twirling it right now like some evil mastermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Like when they listened to the mountains of feedback given to them during alphas and betas about how garbage their systems were going to turn out.

They don't listen. They placate.
    Blizz sticks to their guns on essences: reeeeee Blizz doesn't listen

Blizz caves and gives us account wide rank 3 essences: reeeee Blizz doesn't listen

Queen of Hamsters nailed it. There is no pleasing some of you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.