Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully they go with the merit system rather then time spent. Ideally one essence per mythic 15+ sounds about right.

Fucking finally. I have three alts parked up right now because the idea of doing the tedious grinds again and again just makes me want to blow my fucking head off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Because I have other stuff to do atm with the main, so I dont have much time for alts but if I had time to play them I will still criticize the fact that there is not an account wide system for essence.

Isnt hard to understand even for people like you and the other 2 drones up there, people are not oblige to be direct affected by issue to talk about it.

4k post still doesnt get it.
    So you still go on to say you don’t play alts but just want to complain because if you had them. That’s as asinine as saying “I don’t have a 1962 Mustang but I hate its gas mileage,” or “I don’t eat McDonalds hamburgers but it’s terrible they aren’t made with mayonnaise.”
    It’s an asinine stance to take and you are again proving you’re just here to complain. You state I’m a drone but do so blindly as I’ve also criticized and had complaints with Blizzard’s design choices, which just shows you’re also an ignorant human being who drops down to a level that thinks insults are the way to win an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Yes and no.

Since Vanilla, my alts have always been a source of variety in group content after progressions over. Back when player power came solely from gear, you could keep an alt up to speed without much tedium (Keys and attunements being the exception back in the day).

Since Legion, a certain amount of player power has been obtained via daily/weekly chores rather than simply gear drops. Without this additional power, alts limited in terms of how far they can progress (without being carried).
    This is a very good point. Back in the day an alt or a new player could hit the level cap, be carried through some 5-mans and maybe get some crafted pieces to get a minimum ilevel and then run farm night raids and get showered in gear. A couple of runs (plus LFR once it was introduced) and an alt/new guy could start carrying their weight. Now most of the basic gear can be got even faster - crafted, benthic, WQ boxes and m+ runs (odds are your weapon and/or trinkets will blow, though). However, decent azerite pieces and corrupted gear take a fair bit of grinding to get, and in the case of the corrupted pieces, even with the Vision change you might never catch up (or you might get the perfect combo immediately, unlike your main that never gets it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Patch been out for only 2 months and cloaks aren't even Rank 15 yet. Have you 5-masked Stormwind and Orgrimmar? Killed Mythic N'Zoth? If you've quit already then account-wide essences weren't going to change your mind.
    i 4 masked before i quit about a month ago and am i part of a mythic raiding guild so if i stuck around i could kill nzoth. that doesn't change that all there is to do just mindlessly grind for visions and wait for raid nights. that isn't fun to me so i'm playing games i do find fun.

Do we have any idea how many "Echoes of Nyalotha" are needed to purchase each rank 3 essence? Are we just trading one grind for another?

This doesn't sound like account-wide at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Do we have any idea how many "Echoes of Nyalotha" are needed to purchase each rank 3 essence? Are we just trading one grind for another?

This doesn't sound like account-wide at all.
    In a sense we are but in certain cases that is preferable. The month long grind to get the pvp essence while you have no essences in rated pvp sucks.

I just hope the currency scales to difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    They were capped because Blizzard figured everyone would keep doing it on their alts. Only problem is that people didn't even bother to do the cloak quest on alts.
    Cloak still takes too long on alts. Someone timed it on the wow subreddit with the current skips and it took him 1 hour and 50 minutes. They need to make all the scenarios skippable, then I'd so it on my alts. Would be nice to skip the two invasions also, but that isn't required for me personally to do it.

I have bad feeling that players will log in with their alts. Play for 1 hour, get bired and look around to find new thing to blame instead just accepting fact they simply dont like playing wow anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    The system still sucks lol I'm not grinding out any of that shit
    Dont play mmos if you dont like grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So you still go on to say you don’t play alts but just want to complain because if you had them. That’s as asinine as saying “I don’t have a 1962 Mustang but I hate its gas mileage,” or “I don’t eat McDonalds hamburgers but it’s terrible they aren’t made with mayonnaise.”
    It’s an asinine stance to take and you are again proving you’re just here to complain. You state I’m a drone but do so blindly as I’ve also criticized and had complaints with Blizzard’s design choices, which just shows you’re also an ignorant human being who drops down to a level that thinks insults are the way to win an argument.
    I refuse to continue discuss with a forum troll that doesnt understand basic english.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Dont play mmos if you dont like grind again stuff you already have done.
    fxd for you

Well with everything shutting down, if a resource is needed to get them, you'll have a lot of free time to farm it.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i 4 masked before i quit about a month ago and am i part of a mythic raiding guild so if i stuck around i could kill nzoth. that doesn't change that all there is to do just mindlessly grind for visions and wait for raid nights. that isn't fun to me so i'm playing games i do find fun.
    That’s all fine, but don’t pretend that account wide essences have anything to do with you not being subbed then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Too little too late for me. I don’t even want to farm them on my main so why would I grind currency for other characters? I guess it’s good for the people who want to do this but I’m not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    You know, you're quite annoying, to say the least!! I remember you were trying to criticize me too at some point. Is that a thing you just do all the time??
    If I did criticize you, it wasn't on the account you're posting from currently. As far as I can tell, this is the only time I've communicated directly with you.

I do tend to be particularly critical of the "everything sucks" circlejerk in this community because it isn't particularly constructive. Blizzard makes a change that is universally desired and instead of being happy that the change came into place, people just want hollow acknowledgements that their opinion that it shouldn't have happened in the first place is justified. I get it. To an extent, it's human nature. But it doesn't make such rumblings any less pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Most of us have an actual opinion (unlike you obviously). We're not obliged to like the way WoW is handled in order to be a part of this community or post on this forum. If this "fucking sucks" for you then GTFO already ...
    I have an opinion and I stated it. This is a good change. What purpose does slamming Blizzard after they make the change serve? You're not going to undo the past.

"Account-wide rank 3 Essences are happening" No.this is not happening....have to farm coins for buy an essence that i already got is not "essences are happening".. for do this,beter they dont do anything.

blizzard lately always ruins the gaming experience with so much farm....This seems like a job, and I hate jobs, where you always have to do things you don't want to do ... I thought wow it was a fun game, but right now, it doesn't seem like it.

Reading stuff wrong will get you in trouble!

Jumping off the bandwagon!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-13 at 08:33 PM.

This is not account wide essences as far as I'm concerned. It's just another "corrupt-a-wish".

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Mhm I see now that they only said that the Mechagone and Naz'jatar reputation essences will be account-wide.

Shite... I don't want those! Okay I want it on a couple of chars, but I really want the PvP ones which are bis for PvE damn it!!

Jumping the bandwagon!
    No, lol. Can't read?

bit to late. My entire guild, including my m+ team is on a break til SL comes out. This sadly won't bring them back, but if we had this earlier, they wouldn'æt have left.

But oh well, atleast i will be to able to play some alts and shit

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    No, lol. Can't read?
    While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.

This is what I am reading.

Though I am just reading it wrong. Move along!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-03-13 at 08:31 PM.