Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.

This is what I am reading.

It's a discussion on wowhead as well, why this isn't happening for the essences that you get from PvP content.
    It's part of the entire thing, you can't take it out of context.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game. With the next regularly-scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, players who have earned a given Rank 3 Essence on one character will be able to directly obtain that Essence from MOTHER on any subsequent characters.

When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character, most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha. These Echoes can be brought to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, and exchanged directly for eligible Rank 3 Essences. While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.
    It's talking about stuff like, let's say you're in my situation where you have a warlock with all rank 3s. That doesn't do much if you need a tanking essence from the Nazj rep.

But because I have the Unbound Force at rank 3, I can get both the healing and tanking essences at rank 3 now too from Nazj.

So as a person that has not played in like 8 months that wants to enter the raiding scene this change seems kinda... useless.

I'm glad that people who have been playing get to benefit from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    So as a person that has not played in like 8 months that wants to enter the raiding scene this change seems kinda... useless.

I'm glad that people who have been playing get to benefit from it though.
    To be fair, there's reasons outside of just essences for some situations if you haven't played in that long (Like Pathfinder needing both Nazj/mecha at revered anyway).

Unless you need Lucid Dreams, in that case, reroll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    That’s all fine, but don’t pretend that account wide essences have anything to do with you not being subbed then.
    did i say i wasn't going to resub over this being late? no, i didn't. i said i think it's too late to stop the hemorrhage of subs. if that is what you got mad about, you need to learn to reread posts then because i wasn't talking about myself at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's part of the entire thing, you can't take it out of context.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game. With the next regularly-scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, players who have earned a given Rank 3 Essence on one character will be able to directly obtain that Essence from MOTHER on any subsequent characters.

When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character, most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha. These Echoes can be brought to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, and exchanged directly for eligible Rank 3 Essences. While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.
    It's talking about stuff like, let's say you're in my situation where you have a warlock with all rank 3s. That doesn't do much if you need a tanking essence from the Nazj rep.

But because I have the Unbound Force at rank 3, I can get both the healing and tanking essences at rank 3 now too from Nazj.
    Well the context here would be that they are specifically mentioning those after explaining how you will earn them. I guess I can blame it language barriers :>

And that's good! Because I have been here all day looking forward to BoE and CoS on my alts, and was disappointed when I read those wowhead comments. Some times its just good being wrong. A lesson for yall, being wrong is not always bad!

Gonna edit my OP so there won't be any confusion. Though it was only me appearently.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Dont play mmos if you dont like grind.
    how about you think before typing stupid shit like this

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    how about you think before typing stupid shit like this
    That's the thing, he doesn't think, that's why he's writing stupid shit like that.

My new alt doesn't have half of them and my main has all rank 3, I wonder though... Do we have to have them atleast at rank 1 first, or do you think they'll let us simply buy rank 3 then give to an alt so they get the entire thing at once... If so, that'd be amazing, especially for a casual like myself. Actually an awesome change! Same with the corruption on loot from visions. I'm very impressed.

That and horrific vision rewards always corrupting. Good changes! Yay!

Some people might still find something to gripe about, but what I'm seeing is players gave constructive criticism, Blizzard listened, things improved. Break out the party poppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Some good news at last, even though I have unsubbed now it's good to see that those playing who want this will finally have it. I will hold judgement until I see how it works etc but it's good to see some good changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Now we just need to know how many Echoes of Ny’alotha we'll need to farm to buy one essence...
    what would be nice if they could make echoes of Ny'alotha Currency account wide Similar to mark of honor currency to give to alts to speed it up for essences. The thing is i'm concerned that echoes of ny'alotha for rank 3 essences would be probably steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That and horrific vision rewards always corrupting. Good changes! Yay!

Some people might still find something to gripe about, but what I'm seeing is players gave constructive criticism, Blizzard listened, things improved. Break out the party poppers.
    *Pony*
    Yeah, saving all my vision runs for next week on my main and alts to next week. No cloak upgrade this week! And BiS essences for all my alts. Guild is going insane when I will try to push my alts for our main raids going forward *grin*

Guildies also said they will play alts now, because obviously we need alts to have BiS essences to grind herbs!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why are you attempting to apply critical thinking to this situation? We all know the reason Blizzard didn't do it is because ION IS DA WRST GAEM DEVELLOPER OF ALL TIEM and the only reason they're bothering to change it is CUZ DA BEAN CUNTERS SAY THEY LOOSING TOO MANY SUBS TO PPL QUITTING CUZ GAEM SUX.
    As obnoxious as your response was... if fell you^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Alternate take: try appreciating the fact that they listen to us.
    I doesn't matter much if they forget it again in the next expasnsion, like they have done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Mark my words. In next 3 month, they will announce another 6month sub plus free store mount plan.
    Honestly, I love them. I'm going to play anyway so why not get a discount + free mount in the process? To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this is their model going forward. Offer it to those who want it / will be playing and put the mount in the store separately for those who just want the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311625/...-wide-essences

Rejoice! They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.

Edit: Haha, what a shocker. Mostly negativity from the usual suspects.
    Oh well, don't utilize the update then. For those of us still wanting to play, this is pretty sweet.

Why do that when they can just let their mind-authorities tell them what REALLY went down...?
    Seriously. If they don't listen, it's bad. If they do listen, it's bad anyway and they didn't really listen to feedback so "don't accept teh mediocrity!!"...

Utterly hopeless. At least they're happy on other forums.

From official channel: "Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game."
    blizzard are desperate to push people into visions.

guess what people do not want to farm stupid shit.

if they left game they wont come back to more idiotic grinds.

but this is telling a lot about how shadowlands will look like - milion idiotic endless grinds instead fun gameplay

expansion to skip . glad there are games like FF14 which provide fun to players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Fucking finally. I have three alts parked up right now because the idea of doing the tedious grinds again and again just makes me want to blow my fucking head off.
    so exackly wahtyou are happy about ? that instead do old stupid weeks long grinds you will have to do new weeks long grind in visions ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    I have bad feeling that players will log in with their alts. Play for 1 hour, get bired and look around to find new thing to blame instead just accepting fact they simply dont like playing wow anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont play mmos if you dont like grind.
    this is interesting statement.

wow became popular exackly because it was much less grindy then anything on market

its a dead game now that its putting milions stupid grinds into game.

somewhere something went incredibly wrong. and blizzard lost most of its playerbase . if they have 500k subs now its max .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

so exackly wahtyou are happy about ? that instead do old stupid weeks long grinds you will have to do new weeks long grind in visions ?
    You get them from other stuff than visions you know. Raids, mythic+, pvp, assaults etc also provides the currency. It will most likely be exactly like legendaries in 7.3.5 where you get currency enough to buy 1 or 2 essences each week.

"most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha."

I genuinely wouldn't bother arguing with the people complaining. They're the type that would win the lottery jackpot and complain they didn't win enough. We can just leave them to natural selection. The changes are good, I approve. Especially the corruption gaurantee on items.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

guess what people do not want to farm stupid shit.

if they left game they wont come back to more idiotic grinds.

but this is telling a lot about how shadowlands will look like - milion idiotic endless grinds instead fun gameplay

expansion to skip . glad there are games like FF14 which provide fun to players

- - - Updated - - -

Is FF14 fun to play or it's a grind fiesta like BFA? thinking about giving it a try

Thank you Blizzard!

I hope they get the right feedback on this and will have it in a good state much earlier next time. Not to say this means Azerite Essences per se, but ways by encouraging alt play by allowing you to leverage the huge macro style milestones you hit on your main, like a R3 essence. Very cool.