Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    well you need a minimun of 4 to 6 essences on an alt, 6x500 = 3000

and lets say you do this per week

3 assaults = 275
    7 emisarries = 350
    12 nyalotha bosses = 240
    3 full visions runs = 450
    5 m+10 runs = 150

doing all that is gonna give you 1465 per week , so for your alt be ready to go it still gonna take you 2,5 weeks PER ALT, doing only visions and assaults it's even worse

yeah sure the grind is abysmal it's far from being any good,specially in the end of a bad expansion such as BFA

sigh* who cares really...this is just another mindless and pointless grind,why do i feel like i'm playing those chinese mobile gotcha games everytime i log into wow?
    I especially love the 3 full visions part. How long would it take under the current system to full clear Visions, ..without having essences and BiS Azerite and neck levels? I had to catch up before the recent changes which made it easier, but I was already geared and it took me 2-3 weeks alone for that. I wonder what the math on that is now from scratch.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I especially love the 3 full visions part. How long would it take under the current system to full clear Visions, ..without having essences and BiS Azerite and neck levels? I had to catch up before the recent changes which made it easier, but I was already geared and it took me 2-3 weeks alone for that. I wonder what the math on that is now from scratch.
    math is simple.

you are supposed to spend 2-3 months farming it and boost MAUs in april may and june . only to have it removed from game in july in prepatch

or you are the naive one who thinks that they did it to help players

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Can you actually do pugs and especially higher m+ without essences? I mean join pugs and not be instantly kicked.

As somebody posted above it is nice system to switch mains, but not for alts.
    You need gear to do higher m+ and while you do lower keys and raids to gear up you should do assaults and visions for cloak. You might not have the best essences for both high end raiding and high end keys but eh, that's just 1-2 more weeks depending on class and you have enough to do sufficient content to improve you gear further...which you already need to do to get gear.

You can't skip the "gearing up part" and think you immediately do high end keys as soon as you get to 120. If you do ,you get carried and essences don't matter and you will get your essences even quicker.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You need gear to do higher m+ and while you do lower keys and raids to gear up you should do assaults and visions for cloak. You might not have the best essences for both high end raiding and high end keys but eh, that's just 1-2 more weeks depending on class and you have enough to do sufficient content to improve you gear further...which you already need to do to get gear.

You can't skip the "gearing up part" and think you immediately do high end keys as soon as you get to 120. If you do ,you get carried and essences don't matter and you will get your essences even quicker.
    But you wont get essences in 1-2 weeks if you are not doing high end content.
    So it is more than than that.

You dont need essences if you are not doing high end content.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You dont need essences if you are not doing high end content.
    I dont need legs if im not doing a marathon?

Oh my...

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently only have 1 rank 3 essence, but I have it on all of my toons and have since before this whole deal. I've checked with mother and she doesn't want to sell anything. do I have to get the currency for her to offer me anything? should my toons get the currency even though they already have all of the rank 3 essences they're eligible for? I already blew 2 of my emissary quests before I saw that bit about logging different toons.

You get currency per dungeon done.. So sure, if you only do bare minimum you need to do high end, but once again that means you don't get gear either.. So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared. By tee sound of it you will have your essences about the time you are geared for high end content.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I currently only have 1 rank 3 essence, but I have it on all of my toons and have since before this whole deal. I've checked with mother and she doesn't want to sell anything. do I have to get the currency for her to offer me anything? should my toons get the currency even though they already have all of the rank 3 essences they're eligible for? I already blew 2 of my emissary quests before I saw that bit about logging different toons.
    You can buy on alts the rank 3 essences you already unlocked on another chars; you are not able to buy essences you have never obtained on any of your chars.

Can you actually do pugs and especially higher m+ without essences? I mean join pugs and not be instantly kicked.

As somebody posted above it is nice system to switch mains, but not for alts.
    I have never been kicked from pugs because I didn't have the best essences. My monk alt pugged a +10 last reset with two rank 1 essences, and not even the good ones.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/s...3-10-ataldazar (I was the healer)
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They heard the feedback and actually made it happen in good time.
    In good time? Really? Its months too late. The fact that they give it to us now, means that they have been perfectly able to do this all along, and also agree that it should be done. But they have been holding it back until they think its right. Which IMO is way too late. I will always look back on this and remember that Blizzard refused to give it to us, even though they could and should. Terrible priorities by a developer I once looked up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You get currency per dungeon done.. So sure, if you only do bare minimum you need to do high end, but once again that means you don't get gear either.. So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared. By tee sound of it you will have your essences about the time you are geared for high end content.
    You get very little for dungeon clear.

Just wanted to say that you wont make it in 1-2 weeks without no life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    You can buy on alts the rank 3 essences you already unlocked on another chars; you are not able to buy essences you have never obtained on any of your chars.

I have never been kicked from pugs because I didn't have the best essences. My monk alt pugged a +10 last reset with two rank 1 essences, and not even the good ones.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/s...3-10-ataldazar (I was the healer)
    You were a healer.

You were a healer.
    It's pretty easy to find a healer; way harder to find a proper tank. There's almost never a healer shortage, especially for a +10.

5+ Year Old Account
    You get very little for dungeon clear.

Just wanted to say that you wont make it in 1-2 weeks without no life.
    I get about 34 per 15. You also get 45 from doing bg dailies and 50 from emissary. This isn't even counting the essentially free 2 rank 3 essences you get at the start of every week from weekly shit. Its entirely doable to go from no essences to 4 rank 3's in a week, even more so for two lockouts.

I am someone who has historically been passionate about terrible grinds, but this currency isn't hard or impractical to farm even as a casual player, you just have to do what you should normally be doing on characters you care about anyhow.

Considering you won't be able to do any high-end content until a weekly reset anyhow due to missing 465 residum Azerite, its a non factor.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I get about 34 per 15. You also get 45 from doing bg dailies and 50 from emissary. This isn't even counting the essentially free 2 rank 3 essences you get at the start of every week from weekly shit. Its entirely doable to go from no essences to 4 rank 3's in a week, even more so for two lockouts.

I am someone who has historically been passionate about terrible grinds, but this currency isn't hard or impractical to farm even as a casual player, you just have to do what you should normally be doing on characters you care about anyhow.

Considering you won't be able to do any high-end content until a weekly reset anyhow due to missing 465 residum Azerite, its a non factor.
    One thing, emissaries are disabled. They bugged out with Unshackled rep.

And yes, i admit, playing a week casually should give you one essence. So it is 4 weeks give or take.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty easy to find a healer; way harder to find a proper tank. There's almost never a healer shortage, especially for a +10.
    In legion i hat more bad healers than bad tanks. Maybe things shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I dont need legs if im not doing a marathon?

Oh my...
    Yes, because comparing something in a video game to something IN THE REAL WORLD is a completely valid comparison. /S

- - - Updated - - -

You were a healer.
    And yet they still got the job done, in a more vital role. So....your point?

In legion i hat more bad healers than bad tanks. Maybe things shifted.
    Tanks have an enormous responsability on BfA, way more than healers, and it's a unpopular role so you'll often see groups looking for a tank for several minutes. I was not discussing the player quality, but the role availability. And pugs tend to be more picky about tanks: you can carry a bad/undergeared healer to some extent, but it's way harder to carry a bad/undergeared tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    And yet they still got the job done, in a more vital role. So....your point?
    He just thought I was picked because I had a very desirable role and had no ill intent.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 03:48 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tanks have an enormous responsability on BfA, way more than healers, and it's a unpopular role so you'll often see groups looking for a tank for several minutes. I was not discussing the player quality, but the role availability. And pugs tend to be more picky about tanks: you can carry a bad/undergeared healer to some extent, but it's way harder to carry a bad/undergeared tank.
    Really I find it to be the opposite.

It doesn't require any skill to copy+paste a verified route and hold aggro, a good healer can heal a tank that sucks mechanically, as not even tank DPS is important until higher keys. Furthermore most dps can substitute as a 'tank' even if the tank dies for certain bosses, better if its not tyrannical.

But with a shit healer there's so much that can go wrong. If anyone makes any mistakes and takes damage there's a high chance they're probably dead especially during this week with grevious. It sucks because people often make dumb mistakes but good healers can prevent them from being wipes, bad healers usually will cook keys.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    Yes, because comparing something in a video game to something IN THE REAL WORLD is a completely valid comparison. /S
    I just hate it when someone says "i dont need" stuff just because i almost only do Random Battlegrounds and World PvP.
    Am i a lower class citizen just because of that?

I love customization and i WANT to have all types of customization to tst them...and play around with them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But how much time will it take with a fair amount and casual playstyle?

And since we are here...how much time will it take for a no-life playstyle?

Ill try and do the math myself later. I just came back to BfA to play some random BGs. Classic random experience is crap.
    As someone who is currently playing the bare minimum, invasions, visions, and emissaries, due to GPU and personal issues I am looking at getting 1 essence per week. If your under that then you don't deserve to have the essences since your not willing to do the work to get them.

They're alts. Alts are for messing around, not "putting the time in". That is why it's a failure.