Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Really I find it to be the opposite.

It doesn't require any skill to copy+paste a verified route and hold aggro, a good healer can heal a tank that sucks mechanically, as not even tank DPS is important until higher keys. Furthermore most dps can substitute as a 'tank' even if the tank dies for certain bosses, better if its not tyrannical.

But with a shit healer there's so much that can go wrong. If anyone makes any mistakes and takes damage there's a high chance they're probably dead especially during this week with grevious. It sucks because people often make dumb mistakes but good healers can prevent them from being wipes, bad healers usually will cook keys.
    Let's agree to disagree then. I left a WM +10 one hour ago after 5% enemy forces completion because the tank used the first obelisk then decided to drag around the blob boss in the dungeon (to the goliath, then to the sisters). Of course it's grievous week, of course dps are slowed and hurt by the tentacles, and of course the blob boss vomits toxic aoe in narrow corridors.

I'm a healer main and I'm prepared for the grievous shitshow, but not to this extent. It doesn't require any skill to copy-paste the optimal route, you're right. But I've played with so questionable tanks the last couple of weeks that I'm grateful if the tank knows at least the route.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I just hate it when someone says "i dont need" stuff just because i almost only do Random Battlegrounds and World PvP.
    Am i a lower class citizen just because of that?

I love customization and i WANT to have all types of customization to tst them...and play around with them.
    Then work for it then?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You dont need essences if you are not doing high end content.
    that is so not true. and so biased.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    As someone who is currently playing the bare minimum, invasions, visions, and emissaries, due to GPU and personal issues I am looking at getting 1 essence per week. If your under that then you don't deserve to have the essences since your not willing to do the work to get them.
    Thats why i miss titanforging the most. Not because it was fun system with nice suprise which everyone benefitet.

I miss it because i could trigger people who thinks i did not deserve that. And, if it was better that what they have, to disenchant it and /trade them the shard.

I was happy then :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They're alts. Alts are for messing around, not "putting the time in". That is why it's a failure.
    In your opinion. Your alts are sad that you are talking about them in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Then work for it then?
    You mean...login everyday (AGAIN) every week for 1+ month to farm rep (AGAIN)?
    Doing the same exact thing i did on my main?

No ty

With this system at least i can get 1 per week...which is a very mild timegate...which is fine IMO
    Still a pesky timegate...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You get currency per dungeon done.. So sure, if you only do bare minimum you need to do high end, but once again that means you don't get gear either.. So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared. By tee sound of it you will have your essences about the time you are geared for high end content.
    The issue is that this process becomes tedious after 3-4 alts. The rate at which you get echoes is pathetically slow and only benefits those that try to balance 2-3 characters max. It's easy to maintain a +10, do heroic nyalotha on just a few characters, but when you have 12+ alts, the process takes quite a bit longer. The only reason I have as many alts as I do is because of blizzard and their allied race system. Because of them adding more and more races, I leveled more and more alts. I enjoy each alt uniquely, but due to lacking r3 essences, I can't fully enjoy my alts the way I do my 4 maintained characters.

Sure I can grind dungeons and get echoes, but by the time I get 3 r3 essences on just one alt, I'd be burnt out from the shear grinding. And then what do I gain by having my full toolkit? I get the privileged of doing what I was already doing, just now with my r3 essences. No one asked for a currency system, that was 100% blizzards doing and convincing themselves this is what players were asking for. Then there are players who only play 2-3 characters max who had no issue with the old system and then they have the audacity to tell others "So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared." Gearing up takes no time at all, literally in a single week I can take a 430 alt to 470+. Even if I were to bunker down and focus only on 1 alt at a time, It would take atleast 2-3 weeks just to get 3 r3 essences on that char.

Again, no one asked for blizzard to implement a currency system. The requests were specific, give us account-wide essences so that we don't have to grind them on our alts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The issue is that this process becomes tedious after 3-4 alts.
    I just came back to BfA yesterday...let me ask you something...must the quests to unlock the "legendary cloak" be repeated for every alt?

Ma man...that crap took me 3-4 hours today...just to unlock the crappy version of the cloak...and after 3-4 hours i saw "more quests" and said F-THIS! Not today at least

I dont mind (at all) doing this one time but there is no way in hell i will repeat this for my demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back to BfA yesterday...let me ask you something...must the quests to unlock the "legendary cloak" be repeated for every alt?

Ma man...that crap took me 3-4 hours today...just to unlock the crappy version of the cloak...and after 3-4 hours i saw "more quests" and said F-THIS! Not today at least

I dont mind (at all) doing this one time but there is no way in hell i will repeat this for my demon hunter.
    There’s a couple skips in the chain which shortens it from 2-3 hours to 2-3 hours.

You mean...login everyday (AGAIN) every week for 1+ month to farm rep (AGAIN)?
    Doing the same exact thing i did on my main?

No ty

With this system at least i can get 1 per week...which is a very mild timegate...which is fine IMO
    Still a pesky timegate...
    You heavily overestimate the amount of commitment needed to get the account wide essences.

You can skip two lengthy scenarios on your alts: the first one (Halls of origination) and the Mogushan palace one.

I enjoy each alt uniquely, but due to lacking r3 essences, I can't fully enjoy my alts the way I do my 4 maintained characters.

Sure I can grind dungeons and get echoes, but by the time I get 3 r3 essences on just one alt, I'd be burnt out from the shear grinding. And then what do I gain by having my full toolkit? I get the privileged of doing what I was already doing, just now with my r3 essences. No one asked for a currency system, that was 100% blizzards doing and convincing themselves this is what players were asking for. Then there are players who only play 2-3 characters max who had no issue with the old system and then they have the audacity to tell others "So you are clearly not in a rush to get your alt geared." Gearing up takes no time at all, literally in a single week I can take a 430 alt to 470+. Even if I were to bunker down and focus only on 1 alt at a time, It would take atleast 2-3 weeks just to get 3 r3 essences on that char.

Again, no one asked for blizzard to implement a currency system. The requests were specific, give us account-wide essences so that we don't have to grind them on our alts.
    That's definitely a "you" issue if you feel the need to have r3 essences ON 12 DIFFERENT CHARS! "I can't fully enjoy my alts because they don't have r3 essences, but if I have the full tooklit I will do what I was already doing", so why the fuck are you complaining?
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-18 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I got the cloak on 5 of my chars before I realized you could skip 2 of the scenarios, but eventually I got my cloak on all 12 of my chars. I then proceeded to try and keep up with assaults on all of them for the first couple weeks before nyalotha released and eventually I just burnt out. Blizzard creates all these allied races and people as a result make alts. If they're not going to make the game easier on alts, then why add allied races? The whole essence system is a huge bust because the process of obtaining r3 essences on 12 chars is too tedious, even after the changes. My issue is that there was no justifiable reason not to make them account-wide, yet blizzard figured their best course of action was to retain a grind by creating a new way of obtaining r3 essences, something NO ONE asked for. We wanted account-wide essences with zero restrictions and blizzard can't even do that.

I got the cloak on 5 of my chars before I realized you could skip 2 of the scenarios, but eventually I got my cloak on all 12 of my chars. I then proceeded to try and keep up with assaults on all of them for the first couple weeks before nyalotha released and eventually I just burnt out. Blizzard creates all these allied races and people as a result make alts. If they're not going to make the game easier on alts, then why add allied races? The whole essence system is a huge bust because the process of obtaining r3 essences on 12 chars is too tedious, even after the changes. My issue is that there was no justifiable reason not to make them account-wide, yet blizzard figured their best course of action was to retain a grind by creating a new way of obtaining r3 essences, something NO ONE asked for. We wanted account-wide essences with zero restrictions and blizzard can't even do that.
    Jesus christ, get some help dude, you're seriously addicted

10+ Year Old Account
    You heavily overestimate the amount of commitment needed to get the account wide essences.

You can skip two lengthy scenarios on your alts: the first one (Halls of origination) and the Mogushan palace one.

That's definitely a "you" issue if you feel the need to have r3 essences ON 12 DIFFERENT CHARS! "I can't fully enjoy my alts because they don't have r3 essences, but if I have the fuul tooklit I will do what I was already doing", so why the fuck are you complaining?
    Nice try, but you didn't convince me of anything. It ain't my fault for having 12 alts, it's blizzards fault for adding numerous races over the last 2 expansions and providing incentives for leveling those alts to max level (race armor sets). I never used to have this many alts, but now I do and I enjoy them equally. While I have 4 alts with full r3 essences, my remaining 8 maybe have 1 r3 essence each, but the rest are r1-2. My biggest gripe with this whole situation is that blizzard comes off as a bigot.

You're aware that the essence system is getting scrapped in shadowlands, right? Are you aware what system is replacing it? The covenant abilities are. Blizzard confirmed at blizzcon that alts will have free access with zero restrictions to covenant abilities once you unlock them on a single character. So how does that compare to the essence system? I've grinded numerous r3 essences on 4 characters already. Based on the shadowlands standards, all of my characters would have access to these abilities regardless of how far I've grinded in their covenants. Blizzards reasoning for not making them account-wide is because they don't want to take away goals from alts. I'd love to see how many people enjoy grinding essences compared to those that would rather just have access to it. WoW has always been about grinding gear and becoming more powerful through gaining better gear. Now ever since 8.2 (last patch I remind you) essences were added, some people like to pretend it's some integral part of the game, which it's not. It's going byebye next expansion. So why not allow people to play their classes to the full now and let them progress the way the game has always been, through gear.

Nice try, but you didn't convince me of anything. It ain't my fault for having 12 alts, it's blizzards fault for adding numerous races over the last 2 expansions and providing incentives for leveling those alts to max level (race armor sets). I never used to have this many alts, but now I do and I enjoy them equally. While I have 4 alts with full r3 essences, my remaining 8 maybe have 1 r3 essence each, but the rest are r1-2. My biggest gripe with this whole situation is that blizzard comes off as a bigot.
    You are the one playing the game, not Blizzard. While Blizzard may give incentives to level alts, the decision tto level an allied race is entirely yours. Blizzard didn't force you to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are the one playing the game, not Blizzard. While Blizzard may give incentives to level alts, the decision tto level an allied race is entirely yours. Blizzard didn't force you to do anything.
    What are you even arguing at this point? You're tiptoeing the line of "It's their game, they can do whatever they want" which isn't much of an argument, rather a snarky response because you lack a point. They implemented allied races (Fact) and then added incentives to level those races to max level in order to gain unique armor sets (Fact). So the association that people have more alts because blizzard created incentives to level alts isn't "Their" doing? Get outta here. You're not trying to discuss this rationally, you just want to take the "boohoo, go complain somewhere else" approach. It's evident you aren't capable of defending blizzards actions since your only attempts at making a point was pretty much: "It's their game, you're not forced to do anything." & "it's your fault you have too many alts."

What are you even arguing at this point? You're tiptoeing the line of "It's their game, they can do whatever they want" which isn't much of an argument, rather a snarky response because you lack a point. They implemented allied races (Fact) and then added incentives to level those races to max level in order to gain unique armor sets (Fact). So the association that people have more alts because blizzard created incentives to level alts isn't "Their" doing? Get outta here. You're not trying to discuss this rationally, you just want to take the "boohoo, go complain somewhere else" approach. It's evident you aren't capable of defending blizzards actions since your only attempts at making a point was pretty much: "It's their game, you're not forced to do anything." & "it's your fault you have too many alts."
    I mean it is? That's the point?
    It's like complaining bout extra shift that no one force you to do. And you do it anw because they pay extra for overtime, and the fact is they pay for anyone who want to do that extra shift.
    If that's not YOUR problem, i dont see how it's fair for Blizz to take that blame

Want to see more comparisons?
    - It's not your GF's fault when they buy a full closet of lipstick and cosmetic, it's the beauty brands' fault for introducing too many of those right?
    - It's not your fault that you spend your whole month salary when steam sale is on, it's Gaben's fault for put so many game on sale?
    I think you can get the point.
    Last edited by scarletanh; 2020-03-19 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletanh View Post
    I mean it is? That's the point?
    It's like complaining bout extra shift that no one force you to do. And you do it anw because they pay extra for overtime, and the fact is they pay for anyone who want to do that extra shift.
    If that's not YOUR problem, i dont see how it's fair for Blizz to take that blame

Want to see more comparisons?
    - It's not your GF's fault when they buy a full closet of lipstick and cosmetic, it's the beauty brands' fault for introducing too many of those right?
    - It's not your fault that you spend your whole month salary when steam sale is on, it's Gaben's fault for put so many game on sale?
    I think you can get the point.
    Close, but not really. A more realistic view of your first example would be: You find work and then you're only given 80% of the resources you need to do your job. You can manage, but the whole time you thinking "Why the hell do I need to work this job for 3-4 weeks before they'll give me the other 20% of resources I could have used to begin with?"

Just think about it, how many people who have r3 essences, use them when playing the game? I'd hope it would be 100%. You're trying to act like essences aren't a necessity, that they're just some cosmetic option. Reality is, they play a bigger part in rotation/gameplay than azerite traits do. At the beginning of 8.1 when they first released double 1st tier azerite traits on gear, very few had access to them. Slowly more and more people gained enough AP to the point where everyone had them on their mains. Alts however got the backburner for most of 8.1 and 8.1.5 unless you grinded on them. Then 8.2 launched and bam, they jack up the AP rates and everyone and their alts has access to double 1st tier azerite traits. They didn't gimp fresh alts by making them grind AP at a slow rate, eventually earning their double azerite traits over the course of 3-4 weeks. They gave fresh alts access to powers they should have access to from the get go.

So how is that any different then making r3 essences account-wide with zero restrictions? They reverted their decisions on heart of azeroth rep being locked to specific characters, azerite traits and essences. The issue is that they didn't meet the requests of those asking for account-wide essences, they did half-way and as a result, dropped the egg. It was an all or non type situation.

Close, but not really. A more realistic view of your first example would be: You find work and then you're only given 80% of the resources you need to do your job. You can manage, but the whole time you thinking "Why the hell do I need to work this job for 3-4 weeks before they'll give me the other 20% of resources I could have used to begin with?"

Just think about it, how many people who have r3 essences, use them when playing the game? I'd hope it would be 100%. You're trying to act like essences aren't a necessity, that they're just some cosmetic option. Reality is, they play a bigger part in rotation/gameplay than azerite traits do. At the beginning of 8.1 when they first released double 1st tier azerite traits on gear, very few had access to them. Slowly more and more people gained enough AP to the point where everyone had them on their mains. Alts however got the backburner for most of 8.1 and 8.1.5 unless you grinded on them. Then 8.2 launched and bam, they jack up the AP rates and everyone and their alts has access to double 1st tier azerite traits. They didn't gimp fresh alts by making them grind AP at a slow rate, eventually earning their double azerite traits over the course of 3-4 weeks. They gave fresh alts access to powers they should have access to from the get go.

So how is that any different then making r3 essences account-wide with zero restrictions? They reverted their decisions on heart of azeroth rep being locked to specific characters, azerite traits and essences. The issue is that they didn't meet the requests of those asking for account-wide essences, they did half-way and as a result, dropped the egg. It was an all or non type situation.
    You kinda miss the mark on my reply, it was for the "It's Blizz's fault that now I have to play 12 chars". Didnt even touch on the subject of alt's essence yet, please dont drive away the discussion
    And btw, if you want my answer to that question, it's the same as Blizz's "It's your alt, not your main"
    Alt should be able to catch up, but not as powerful as a main character, I dont see a reason why someone with 12 alts should have those 12 as powerful as my 1 main which I put twice as much work on. While I agree they should make this essence change earlier, I'm perfectly fine with how they currently make you earn that power for your alt by just playing the game with minimum effort if that's what you complaining
    Last edited by scarletanh; 2020-03-19 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletanh View Post
    You kinda miss the mark on my reply, it was for the "It's Blizz's fault that now I have to play 12 chars". Didnt even touch on the subject of alt's essence yet, please dont drive away the discussion
    And btw, if you want my answer to that question, it's the same as Blizz's "It's your alt, not your main"
    Alt should be able to catch up, but not as powerful as a main character, I dont see a reason why someone with 12 alts should have those 12 as powerful as my 1 main which I put twice as much work on. While I agree they should make this essence change earlier, I'm perfectly fine with how they currently make you earn that power for your alt by just playing the game with minimum effort if that's what you complaining
    So you're justifying a needless grind for r3 essences on alts because a main should be more powerful than an alt? Come on now, where is it written in stone that that's how WoW should be? Maybe you consider your main to be the most powerful, but I see it differently. I too have a main, but "power" isn't all that sets him apart. He has exalted reps with every rep, a higher neck level, cloak level and more achievements for this expansion than any of my other characters. That's what sets a main apart, it holds majority of yours feats and is ahead of the curve compared to your alts. However, essences, just like double azerite traits, should have been converted to account wide with zero restrictions the moment 8.3 launched, assuming you previously unlocked r3 on one of your chars.

Had they done that, it wouldn't have ruined your experience, it wouldn't have ruined anyone's experience. Not once have I heard anyone cheer about how amazing the essence grinds were, so I don't believe anyone would care if they were taken out after completing once. In the end, you disagree that blizzard had no part to play in encouraging people to level alts by having recruit a friend, heirlooms, level boosts, allied race armor sets and not to mention, used allied races as an marketing feature for BFA. They had no part. Besides, you're not in my position with 12 chars, so it's harder for you to understand the tediousness of a feature that'll be done away with in 9 months tops. You have nothing to lose by having r3 essences being account bound, but your ego has so much to gain by telling me to deal with it.

My issue is I never bothered to grind out rank 3s anyway lol so this is much help. Still played a bunch just not the stuff they told me to oh well.

So you're justifying a needless grind for r3 essences on alts because a main should be more powerful than an alt? Come on now, where is it written in stone that that's how WoW should be? Maybe you consider your main to be the most powerful, but I see it differently. I too have a main, but "power" isn't all that sets him apart. He has exalted reps with every rep, a higher neck level, cloak level and more achievements for this expansion than any of my other characters. That's what sets a main apart, it holds majority of yours feats and is ahead of the curve compared to your alts. However, essences, just like double azerite traits, should have been converted to account wide with zero restrictions the moment 8.3 launched, assuming you previously unlocked r3 on one of your chars.

Had they done that, it wouldn't have ruined your experience, it wouldn't have ruined anyone's experience. Not once have I heard anyone cheer about how amazing the essence grinds were, so I don't believe anyone would care if they were taken out after completing once. In the end, you disagree that blizzard had no part to play in encouraging people to level alts by having recruit a friend, heirlooms, level boosts, allied race armor sets and not to mention, used allied races as an marketing feature for BFA. They had no part. Besides, you're not in my position with 12 chars, so it's harder for you to understand the tediousness of a feature that'll be done away with in 9 months tops. You have nothing to lose by having r3 essences being account bound, but your ego has so much to gain by telling me to deal with it.
    There are a weird group of people who believe that games need to be unfun for those who enjoy a challenge unless they jump through hoops. When pressed onto why they think this way they bring up a past that never was to justify it.

They are like elitists but elites that are just awful at the game and seem largely disinterested in it beyond grinds...

Visions give a shit ton of echoes, you get your r3 essences passively while leveling up your cloak. It's easy. Why are some people acting like they're so hard done by?