Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't care about appealing to you fanboys anymore.

I. hope. They. All. Lose. Their. Jobs. They are simply not capable of redemption.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch 8.2 comes out: No account wide essences, which people have been asking for since PTR.

Almost an entire year later: LOOK GUYS THEY LISTENED! WHY AREN'T YOU ENTITLED GAMERS EVER HAPPY GOSH?!

Holy shit imagine being in this bubble. Again, beyond redemption. I'm going all in on WoW team hate. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't I bet you will be right here defending it.

"Wow who cares that you have to get rank 1 and 2, they listened! YOU'RE ALL SO ENTITLED!!! WAHHH!"
    You don't need to get rank 1 and rank 2 as far as I can remember. You just use the rank 3 item and you get rank 3 straight away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micgre8162 View Post
    Fucking took them long enough. It's as if they're watching my account and waiting for the exact moment I finished grinding out all these goddamn things on my alt to make it clear I wasted my time.
    You didn't. This is Blizzard, never forget that. They didn't outright give everybody r3 essences if they have them unlocked on their mains. They give you a currency you have to grind to then purchase a rank 3 essence on your alt. Time still needs to be wasted, but maybe it'll be a week or two less than the normal way of obtaining the essence. Still a grind, as with everything Blizzard does.

Ohh I really REALLY want to know how this decision is made!

It looks like Blizzard (or the lead dev of WoW whatever) is trying to be the "strict and righteous father" to the playerbase.

A kid wants an ice cream -> OK, you can have it, if you do all the dishes for 3 months, have all A's at school for the year, and THEN you can have your ice cream.
    No, we are not your fuckin kid who needs DISCIPLINE before having fun. I know some people work that way, but I for sure don't.

Also most specs play like sh--, so why would I want "easy essences" for them?
    ZERO long-term rewards, everything will be wiped at the next expansion.

If you are not having fun without essences, you won't have fun WITH essences either.
    (btw, this implementation SHOULD HAVE BEEN in 8.2 for mains, too - get 30k honor for rank3, OR get like 50k from the new currency for the same r3 - you still have to grind, but you can choose WHICH boring repetitive sh-- you want to grind at least)

People are never satisfied. I would have preferred a flat unlock across the account but I understand Blizzard not wanting do that. This strikes a nice balance between forcing alta to grind old content and not just giving it away. My only real issue is blizzard hasn't released cost/currency accumulation rates yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Essences launched last June, but people demanded account wide essences since BfA launch, sure buddy. ;D You people have talent to spin every good news.
    You must be new here, thinking that I'm not overreacting sometimes.

Though I don't want to be called one of the "you people" who spin every good news. Sometimes they do something right, but this? It's too late. It's obvious that they realized people don't want to play this game anymore after getting exalted and beating N'Zoth, so they decided that they'll just let them level alts better.

Too bad people wanted that since they implemented them and there are players who stopped playing WoW because of this(know at least 2 altoholics who did that).

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    Once again, they listen to feedback quite late... well, better late than never, I guess.
    They obviously waited for the content drought to implement that.

There's still many things that should always be account-wide, like:

- achievments (all of them)
    - reagent bank shared across whole server (per faction of course), exluding soulbind mats that make sense
    - entry quests skips if you completed one (like Legion and BfA introductory scenarios, no such thing exists for the legendary cloak or basic essences on Heart of Azeroth)
    - gold shared across all characters (per faction and per server of course)
    - reputations shared (to be considered, at least make items that have an impact on character's performance unlockable once you reach it on one character)

These would really be quality of life changes and I'm suprised they aren't going in that direction (since they already started moving toward it in the past). There will of course be haters who think I'm wrong. Well, imagine you would have to grind all reputations again just to unlock allied races on the opposite faction you're playing. Or having to farm a specific mount again because you want to use it on a different character. Or no account-wide gear catch up. Wouldn't be fun, is it not?

just like legendaries, it's too late blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    just like legendaries, it's too late blizzard.
    This.
    At least a few months too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Proof that no matter what Blizzard do, people will literally never be happy

- - - Updated - - -

People saying it's too late are wrong. It was an 8.2 feature, it makes sense they're much more easily acquirable in 8.3 - power increases should never be account wide from the start. This change probably should have launched with 8.3 rather than a month after, but it's still a very nice change they didn't have to implement.

This right here! I was already playing 7 of my 120s (have 14) and running horrific visions on them is one of my favorite things, but it was harder without rank 3 on a lot of them, now i am more likely to finish gearing my last 7 characters for this. Hell, i might finish my vulpera horde alt that i neglected forever now. O and if it requires getting currency from things i was already doing, i will take that 100% over farming Nazj or Mechagon further on my tertiary alts.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Proof that no matter what Blizzard do, people will literally never be happy

- - - Updated - - -

People saying it's too late are wrong. It was an 8.2 feature, it makes sense they're much more easily acquirable in 8.3 - power increases should never be account wide from the start. This change probably should have launched with 8.3 rather than a month after, but it's still a very nice change they didn't have to implement.
    "Power Increase". That's what gear does. In all prior expansions we've just had to get gear for alts. I'll be damned if I'm going out of my way for essences on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    if Blizzard sold fast food then you'd receive your order a year after dying of hunger
    and then be billed twice for it
    Exactly what I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Blizz never listenes to our feedback, if they listened to us we would play the game!"
    *Blizz listenes.*
    "LOL blizz only listened cause of money, shit change too late, fuck them, they need to listen to this other thing now!"
    But you know mate that's no true... They were asked like million times about account-wide essences. It's obvious that they want to prolong the game because of the people who play alts.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    What the fuck am I even reading.

It's the vicious cycle of demanding players that never are happy.
    Blizzard gives the ability for twinks to have essences without weeks of different grinds. Which is a huge change and simplification of character progression!

And now many complain about how acquiring them.
    Are you joking, trolling or simply so damn entitled?
    Be grateful for one fucking thing blizzard delivers based on community response. The ever complaining type is the reason why blizzard makes rare changes like these.

God that attitude makes me sick.
    The vast majority of users on this forum are entitled and whiny crybabies with nothing in their lives besides this game going on.

These forums are such a meme now, no pleasing anyone

This is sooo late. Feels like they did it only so they can say "look guys we listened to you" in the future, but they have already forced many people to grind this boring stuff way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    ANOTHER FUCKING CURRENCY.

Alright, I'm done. The current WoW team is beyond redemption. I hope they all lose their jobs.
    this is how i feel.... are we twins?

ITT: Blizzard once again gives players what they asked for and you guys shit on them for gamifying it. You guys are pathetic.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    ITT: Blizzard once again gives players what they asked for and you guys shit on them for gamifying it. You guys are pathetic.
    Right and wrong. They gave players what they asked for and they gave it in a way that no one asked for. That's the reason people complain. If it was just "you have r3 on one toon and now you have it on all toons," few people would complain.

It's nice that there's an alternative way to get an Essence on an alt, as some of them are behind grinds that are soul-crushingly numb, however, this way of giving people what they want is extremely Monkey Paw style.

"I want to stop smoking," *poof* "Wish granted, you now have no mouth to smoke with.* They got what they wanted though differently from what they intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Come on dude you are smarter than that. you know that was not what we asked for, they just changed one grind for another

Account bound essences would be i unlock a rank 3 essence with my main and ALL my alts would automatically receive them as well
    Last edited by Miross; 2020-03-13 at 06:18 PM.