Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So they want your ALTS to have visited said circumstance that would start your grind to these essences to get the catchup mechanic.

Sounds about right. I have to talk to some dude to open world quests on every toon. I have to do a small run to get my neck piece to get it instantly to 35.

All things they've done before. They want people to visit the content, even if it's just for once on your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    You literally get the ressources from everything you can do in 8.3. You will get it from playng your alt.
    No matter how much it takes, it is far better than any daily grind.

This forum is the dumbest shitpile I have seen in a long long time.
    That's their issue though. They don't want to have to play the other character. They want everything to just be handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So you're just lazy. Hardly Blizzard's problem is it - and it's far, far, far easier to gear up in BFA versus other expansions due to the sheer quantity of items you can get - so time to actually gear is less, making extraneous efforts less of a big deal. I know it's a pain having to actually play the game to progress but you know, that's video games for you
    Lazy... yeah sure. But you keep being you enjoying all the hoops Blizz puts in front of you to jump, but I ain't biting to inflate their fucking MUA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulika View Post
    You don't seem to grasp the difference between asking for something and demanding something. When you ask, the answer might be no, or it might be yes but with some conditions as in this case. It is fine if people make suggestions and ask for changes with the game, it's the whole insulting the devs and having a hissy fit like bold children when they don't get exactly what they wanted aspect that people find distasteful.

Personally I really like this solution, I do the stuff I am doing on my alts anyway and eventually I'll have whatever essences I need. It lets me take that time I was spending farming essences and instead use it doing some M+ or raiding on arenas on that alt. Who knows, I might even finally work up the enthusiasm to finish grinding Blood of the Enemy rank 3 since now that effort is much more highly rewarded.
    Whether you demand or ask anything the answer can still be "no", so that analogy is flawed.

This is a case of people being unprecise in their wording and the designers interpretating the feedback as they themselves see fit. This is another grind on top of the numerous grinds that there already are in BfA.

Titan Residue grind
    Azerite grind
    Coalescing Visions grind
    Zin'anthid grind

When it was relevant:
    Mana-pearl grind
    Anchor Weed grind.

And now this. There are more grinds in BfA than there was in Vanilla and that's extreme since Vanilla was seen as a grind-fest.

Is this less of a grind than currently? Yes.
    Is this still a grind on top of the other grinds? Yes.

BfA needs fewer grinds instead of more or the same number of them. This system is far from what people needed instead it's what the devs thought that we wanted.

I have got a lot of alts as well and I've no desire to play them since there's so much work involved getting them even half-way decently geared. So now I'm down to one alt out of about 12, How is this desirable?

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Come on dude you are smarter than that. you know that was not what we asked for, they just changed one grind for another

Account bound essences would be i unlock a rank 3 essence with my main and ALL my alts would automatically receive them as all
    stop acting like you don't know essences system is locked behind a quest chain. this isn't gear appearances we're talking about, or BOAs.

this is like saying, well since i unlocked world quests that all my other toons are good to go.... They are, but I still have to do one thing to unlock them on my alts. If I don't do that, it's not unlocked.

Account wide essenses sounded great at first, but until we have actual numbers on that dumb currency this is just another ridicoulous attempt to fix the game.

And people still think Shadowlands will do any better :P

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Account wide essenses sounded great at first, but until we have actual numbers on that dumb currency this is just another ridicoulous attempt to fix the game.

And people still think Shadowlands will do any better :P
    This game does not need saveing your reaching here.

Hehe, Sometimes I dont understand Blizzard at all to be honest.

They dont want to make account wide essences, yet they decide to make it account wide. They've got so much experience during all expansions.... and with all this delay I start to think they've got zero experience. every time. every time the same mistake. Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    What the fuck am I even reading.

It's the vicious cycle of demanding players that never are happy.
    Blizzard gives the ability for twinks to have essences without weeks of different grinds. Which is a huge change and simplification of character progression!

And now many complain about how acquiring them.
    Are you joking, trolling or simply so damn entitled?
    Be grateful for one fucking thing blizzard delivers based on community response. The ever complaining type is the reason why blizzard makes rare changes like these.

God that attitude makes me sick.
    Because Blizzard is a “let’s complicate simple things” office.

Why a new currency? Go to vendor X, say “hello I’m an alt”, buy the essence you want (and can), gg.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Because Blizzard is a “let’s complicate simple things” office.

Why a new currency? Go to vendor X, say “hello I’m an alt”, buy the essence you want (and can), gg.
    Obviously to keep us grinding and staying subbed, would love to see stats if their decisions lately is actually working instead of driving people away.

This forum isn't much help in that case since it's not a representation of the average WoW player.
    Bwonsamdi says: Bring me de head of de Horde's warchief, and I be forgettin' all about ya father's bargain.

Bwonsamdi for warchief!

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Wowhead says that it will eliminate us having to grind out ranks 1 and 2.

The confusion comes from the fact that you can't purchase rank 3 without already having learned 1 and 2. So we wouldnt know if it's usable without ranks 1 and 2.
    liekly these versions of the tirm literally just automaticly give you rank 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But you know mate that's no true... They were asked like million times about account-wide essences. It's obvious that they want to prolong the game because of the people who play alts.
    "Blizz didnt listen to feedback on classic, millions of people asked and they just wanna prolong the game"

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    stop acting like you don't know essences system is locked behind a quest chain. this isn't gear appearances we're talking about, or BOAs.

this is like saying, well since i unlocked world quests that all my other toons are good to go.... They are, but I still have to do one thing to unlock them on my alts. If I don't do that, it's not unlocked.
    you are comparing apples to oranges my boy , and it's pretty single Alt character B unlocked the essence system receive all essence from Main character A it's not that hard and they already did something similiar with the legendary essence

but at the end of the day who cares , this expansion was a shitshow from beginning to end, this is just another grain of sand in the desert called BFA
    Last edited by Miross; 2020-03-13 at 06:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't care about appealing to you fanboys anymore.

I. hope. They. All. Lose. Their. Jobs. They are simply not capable of redemption.

- - - Updated - - -

Patch 8.2 comes out: No account wide essences, which people have been asking for since PTR.

Almost an entire year later: LOOK GUYS THEY LISTENED! WHY AREN'T YOU ENTITLED GAMERS EVER HAPPY GOSH?!

Holy shit imagine being in this bubble. Again, beyond redemption. I'm going all in on WoW team hate. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't I bet you will be right here defending it.

"Wow who cares that you have to get rank 1 and 2, they listened! YOU'RE ALL SO ENTITLED!!! WAHHH!"
    1. wow, and i remember when you were mad at blizz when they fired people, now you want them to fire more? such a hypocrit.
    2. that wasnt really a thing on the PTR, people wernt really asking for account wide essences till 8.3, because of the content no longer being current.
    3. 8 months is not "almost a year" its two thirds, two thirds is not "almost"
    4. imagine being in a bubble? lol you my dude, are the one in a bubble.
    5. you dont have to get rank 1 and 2, you will just right away get rank 3 as listed in the post. grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nice change, after >1year.

Inb4 "omg, people are never satisfied with blizzard changes! waaah waah! reee!!11one"

Yes. It's a nice change, but people wanted that since BFA launch. It's too late now.
    Come on eazy you are better then this, you serious?
    "People have been asking for a thing added in 8.2, to be account wide since 8.0"
    Come on man, how did you not even notice it yourself.

This isn't account wide essences as far as I'm concerned. It's just another "corrupt-a-wish".

They are separate statements. Fanboys enable, employees do.
    Separate statements, equally dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Lazy... yeah sure. But you keep being you enjoying all the hoops Blizz puts in front of you to jump, but I ain't biting to inflate their fucking MUA.
    I don't consider playing the game a hoop, but hey, you do you my man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Too late. Does not help, since people stopped months ago and are far behind with their cloak now if they resub.
    Are we seriously going to pretend people have never been behind if they haven't played since a content update release before?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalga View Post
    Lets see how we acquire the new currency first and how often. Instead of making the ui account wide like mounts and shit, they just had to bring in yet another grind.
    Well, according to the front page, it says you can acquire the "currency" from
    • Horrific Visions;
    • Assaults;
    • Raid bosses;
    • M+ dungeons;
    • Season 4 PvP;

So, going by the wording of the post, I'm assuming:
    • There's no limit to how much you can get from doing Horrific Visions;
    • 3 assaults per week, each one giving some currency;
    • "Raid bosses" implies each boss drops some currency, not just the last boss;
    • "M+ dungeons" implies each and every M+ dungeon completed (I'm assuming on time) gives currency. I'm also assuming the M+ chest at the end of the week also grants some.
    • I don't PvP so I cannot comment on that part

Going by that alone, I think there's more than enough ways to get the currency quite often.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Too late. Does not help, since people stopped months ago and are far behind with their cloak now if they resub.
    I'm on day three of a resub after an 18 month break, I have extra time thanks to job closure due to coronavirus. My experience so far has been unbelievably awful. I did the whole 8.2 questline and 8.3 questline, and jesus do I hate how the quests work, it's all stupidly easy, the hardest part is figuring out where to go, which is mostly just annoying. I would finish a quest and hope everything was done, and curse when that damn orange exclamation point appeared again, telling me the next thing I had to do. I started out literally over 100 item levels behind (340) and everything dies ridiculously slowly. Every hour or so I get a ridiculous upgrade - like an extra 35 levels on my neck or a legendary cloak - that feels totally undeserved and completely out of sync with the effort it took to get it.

I couldn't even queue for heroic until 380 or something despite having done all the dungeons on mythic at launch (I was item level 340). Apparently I need to farm a billion essences now, and get my cloak up. It feels like I encounter a new currency every 5 minutes, and I can't be assed to keep track of what they all do. The world map is full of random stuff and then there's the forge or whatever with a bunch going on.

I just want to raid, and I'm going through this hellish and stupid pile of shit so that at some point I can actually get to content that's actually interesting. But I am also wondering whether I'm just too far behind and there's no hope - people's legendaries and essences are so far ahead that it's going to take freaking forever to catch up, until then I'm a second class citizen.

I mean, what the fuck are they thinking with this game?
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-03-13 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    LOL they didn't "listen to feedback". Their fucking precious player metrics are totally in the shitter and they probably had a ton of feedback on this.

No more flying ever lasted 2 weeks with backlash. No account wide essences lasted longer.

Hazzikostas must be shitting his pants and they will never ever ever call this account wide essences. It is something new and exciting they invented to punish players for daring to want what they didn't to give.

There will be some passive aggressive bullshit in the system. You can count on it. When players win, they find a way to slip some backhanded bullshit in to get back at them.
    I would only counter by noting, they are listening to feedback, it's just not the feedback we would hope. I suspect the only feedback they listen to is the feedback players give them during the exit survey when Blizzard asks, "why are you dropping your sub".

For the forums feedback, I suspect their typical internal response is "they say they want this, but they really don't", while their external response is, "we are listening...see we have CommMgrs who talk to you".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

True true true

Farming AP, farming for potions and flasks, raiding 9 hours a week, getting corrupted items, doing M+, getting gear, getting cloak levels.

yOu wAnT tHiNgS hAnDeD tOu yOu
    You're obviously confused. This post is about essences. This post is not about ap (75 neck is insanely easy to get now), potions or flasks (which dont require farming herbs), raids (I'll admit I may be lost on this one as just getting gear isnt the reason I raid), corrupted items (which already had sources and now will have even more guaranteed sources since people didnt want to farm corrupted gear), keys, or cloak levels.

I realize this probably falls on deaf ears, but you could at least make an attempt to stay on topic.

Too late in my opinion. I have 0 interest in resubbing just for this lol.