Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Coming Next Reset - Account-Wide Rank 3 Essences from MOTHER for Currency

Coming Next Reset - Account-Wide Rank 3 Essences from MOTHER for Currency
    Starting next week, alts will be able to earn a currency from Visions of N'Zoth activities called Echoes of Ny'alotha to purchase rank 3 essences from MOTHER provided you have already earned them on another character on your account!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game. With the next regularly-scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, players who have earned a given Rank 3 Essence on one character will be able to directly obtain that Essence from MOTHER on any subsequent characters.

When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character, most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha. These Echoes can be brought to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, and exchanged directly for eligible Rank 3 Essences. While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.

Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal. We’ll have additional details in a forthcoming hotfixes update that goes out around the same time as maintenance, but we wanted to let the community know ASAP that this change is in the works.

As always, thank you for all your feedback on this topic!

Diablo Season 20 Now Live
    Diablo Season 20 has started! To learn more about the Season of the Forbidden Archives check the Diablo Season 20 Mega-Post on DiabloFans.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-03-15 at 03:30 AM.

Wow, I kind of wish I didnt quit.... oh well. I really wished they did this earlier. good change

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking finally.

I am a little concerned how this will handle role-exclusive essences. For example, my main is a hunter that has all the reps required for multiple essences but has no access to healer or tank-specific essences from say, the rustbolt resistance for example....But I really want to have a resto druid alt....Does this still mean I have to grind the rep on that character? If that is the case then all the hybrid classes that get access to every essence is at a distinct advantage with this change.

Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal.
    Yea right, as if anyone is going to believe that.

Better late than never I guess.

8 months to late

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    YESSSSSSSSSS @Preach

Once again, they listen to feedback quite late... well, better late than never, I guess.

It's nice an all, but honestly ... ANOTHER currency? Just unlock the stuff accountwide, and while your at it, do the same for Titanic Research.

I mean, better than nothing, sure.

I'm not going to give them positive feedback here because this should have been account wide from the start. The community complained about this day 1 of essences and people like me already quit because of it. The reality of the game is that most people play many alts, and while I will happily unlock things like essences 1 time, I would never in a million years repeat that same process on all my alts. They try to force you to play longer by doing things like this and the weird part is that they lose subs due to player burnout, let us see the content once fully, and then let us use what we've unlocked on our alts, the only thing this shouldn't apply to in wow is gear, every other unlock from your main should be account wide. If they get this right in shadowlands and remove rng from gear then myself and millions of others will happily spend time on alts and our mains just playing the game, rather than repeating content endlessly to unlock something we've already unlocked multiple other times.

Whoever is making these decisions for them needs to wake up or step down, the expac is already over and while this sounds nice it's way too late. I won't be returning until shadowlands, and I doubt I'm alone there.

Laughable. Once again, they listen to feedback 6+months late, and you still need to get some completely bs currency just as a nice f you.

The timing is no coincidence; next week is r15 for the cloak....so the primary grind of the patch is over and the expansion gap lul officially begins.

I would be much more positive if they had said right from the start "We intend to make essences account wide later in the patch to bridge the content gap into shadowlands; we will most likely do so once the primary content is completely dry."

Instead they said "Not going to happen! No intentions at all!"

I know the word "lying" is used a lot and i will not do so....but if somebody did, s/he would not be wrong, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    ANOTHER FUCKING CURRENCY.

Alright, I'm done. The current WoW team is beyond redemption. I hope they all lose their jobs.
    Sorry dude, you need to collect at least 12 Casks of Ion's Eternal Indifference in order to quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Laughable. Once again, they listen to feedback 6+months late, and you still need to get some completely bs currency just as a nice f you.
    LOL they didn't "listen to feedback". Their fucking precious player metrics are totally in the shitter and they probably had a ton of feedback on this.

No more flying ever lasted 2 weeks with backlash. No account wide essences lasted longer.

Hazzikostas must be shitting his pants and they will never ever ever call this account wide essences. It is something new and exciting they invented to punish players for daring to want what they didn't to give.

There will be some passive aggressive bullshit in the system. You can count on it. When players win, they find a way to slip some backhanded bullshit in to get back at them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonExarch View Post
    I am a little concerned how this will handle role-exclusive essences. For example, my main is a hunter that has all the reps required for multiple essences but has no access to healer or tank-specific essences from say, the rustbolt resistance for example....But I really want to have a resto druid alt....Does this still mean I have to grind the rep on that character? If that is the case then all the hybrid classes that get access to every essence is at a distinct advantage with this change.
    Did you not read the post? It says that as long as a character earned rank 3 of an essence from a rep source, all essences from that rep source are available to alts.

In other words: Blizz finally realised players are playing less because they just CBA grinding the same shite over and over again on Alts, its not primarily a QoL change for players but a Blizz losing money change

If i see firemages left and right now because of ppl swapping mains because of that change im gonna go cry and moan on the forums too so that change is reverted.

they cant pull that "we listened to feedback" BS because the lead game dev Watcher himself stated in an interview that they dont want to make them account wide because its player power gain

every time in BFA the players say the system is wrong and give solutions and the devs say they are wrong....until a few months later and then the devs say "we agree with you" no you agree with wallets you see the feedback but you want to be lazy

That it's locked behind a 'new currency', after the several currencies that were introduced in 8.3 alone, does not fill me with confidence that Shadowlands is going to be a positive step away from the current state of WoW.

if Blizzard sold fast food then you'd receive your order a year after dying of hunger
    and then be billed twice for it