Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What the fuck am I even reading.

It's the vicious cycle of demanding players that never are happy.
    Blizzard gives the ability for twinks to have essences without weeks of different grinds. Which is a huge change and simplification of character progression!

And now many complain about how acquiring them.
    Are you joking, trolling or simply so damn entitled?
    Be grateful for one fucking thing blizzard delivers based on community response. The ever complaining type is the reason why blizzard makes rare changes like these.

God that attitude makes me sick.

Thats what unsubs do baby!

Hahaha

The way they word it is confusing. Will you need to have ranks 1 and 2 unlocked on those characters to get rank 3?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

why a new currency? why not gold?..

FU blizz!

/rage

This is why I quit last month (first time I unsubbed in 15 years). I couldn't justify playing if all I did was grind one toon. I feel this change is a little too late.

I can't justify coming back now though, once I do it's more of the same thing. Maybe shadowlands can spark something, but right now WoW just isn't the game I want to sink 30hrs/week into.

This gets me halfway to resubbing, but honestly corruption is still blocking the other half. The experience of opening weekly chests and getting trinkets/azerite instead of corruptions several weeks in a row only to get destroyed by the people who got their IS/TD right away is not something I seek to relive. I get that loot RNG was always a thing, but it wasn't one item being 20% of your damage.

Why now and not 8 months ago? what about Ions interview and all that character power BS?

why use another currency instead of just gold? or just make you get them out of the gate?

sigh... i'm not even mad at blizzard anymore just tired, time to play another game i guess
    Last edited by Miross; 2020-03-13 at 02:20 AM.

First of all, Azerite gear doesn't drop from the m+ weekly cache.
    Secondly, Visions will reward next week only corrupted gear.
    Third, I am drowning in corruption gear by raiding and m+.

If you don't invest the proper time, of course you're not gonna get the corruption of your liking.

Why gate it behind another currency we don't need!!!

Inb4 “forced” to grind every source of this new currency to get the essences as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Inb4 “forced” to grind every source of this new currency to get the essences as fast as possible.
    It'll either be "Forced grind." or next complaint will be "I got my gear from Mythic/Heroic/Normal/LFR on my main I should have it on my alts waaah."

As long as it is not like "One essence a week with luck and way too much time investment" i am happy. Finally can play those twinks again that have been sitting in the cupboard.

I get that some are miffed for the late change but can you guys for once be positive?
    Above someone wrote he is going to quit over this... really? So you would have stayed if it was in no way accessible for your alts? But now you quit because of a currency?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    What the fuck am I even reading.

God that attitude makes me sick.
    "aCtIvIsIon mAn bAd"
    The entitlement never fails to astonish me.

I mean, literally wait until we know the droprates?
    If the pacing while gearing up is good it's a great system..

Play your alts, get your most important essences first, be raid ready in 2 or so weeks.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-03-13 at 03:26 AM.

Account wide essences!

... But not really.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sorry dude, you need to collect at least 12 Casks of Ion's Eternal Indifference in order to quit the game.
    *Smirk*

How to please the player base!

I mean... it's a step in the right direction I guess, but seems like it's too little too late. Also, who knows what it will actually cost to unlock them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    ANOTHER FUCKING CURRENCY.

Alright, I'm done. The current WoW team is beyond redemption. I hope they all lose their jobs.
    Wow you cant win with blizz, they literally give us all the thing we have all been asking for, and suddenly its even worse then it was before.
    also pretty fucking sad and pathetic of you to wish unemployment on people for literally a fucking video game.
    i guess you agreed with the firing of 600 from blizz in 2012, and the firing of 137 in 2019? wow you are a sad person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Hazzikostas must be shitting his pants and they will never ever ever call this account wide essences. It is something new and exciting they invented to punish players for daring to want what they didn't to give.

There will be some passive aggressive bullshit in the system. You can count on it. When players win, they find a way to slip some backhanded bullshit in to get back at them.
    I mean he literally posted this tweet as the announcement so... maybe calm the fuck down?

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    LOL they didn't "listen to feedback". probably had a ton of feedback on this..
    So... they did listne to feedback...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This gets me halfway to resubbing, but honestly corruption is still blocking the other half. The experience of opening weekly chests and getting trinkets/azerite instead of corruptions several weeks in a row only to get destroyed by the people who got their IS/TD right away is not something I seek to relive. I get that loot RNG was always a thing, but it wasn't one item being 20% of your damage.
    Azerite does not come from M+ weekly cache.
    Corruption is garunteed from vision from now on.
    I have enough corruption peices to get 300, and i barely touch M+ and havent actually been getting very lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    why a new currency? why not gold?..

FU blizz!
    Cause a new currency is much easier to obtain then gold
    "Essence costs 30k each"
    "WOW BLIZZ MAKING ESSENCES PAY TO WIN"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The way they word it is confusing. Will you need to have ranks 1 and 2 unlocked on those characters to get rank 3?
    No, if you have rank 3 on a charecter, you will be able to buy rank 3 on an alt using a currency you get from doing literally everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    if Blizzard sold fast food then you'd receive your order a year after dying of hunger
    and then be billed twice for it
    I mean if the restyurant told you that your food may never come, then you still bought it, tyhats your fault.
    blizz did not advertise account wide essences, so no you did not "buy fast fod that never arrived" you ordered a pizza from mcdonalds, then got mad when it didnt come out, until eventually they caved a year later and gave you a pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That it's locked behind a 'new currency', after the several currencies that were introduced in 8.3 alone, does not fill me with confidence that Shadowlands is going to be a positive step away from the current state of WoW.
    would you rather
    A. currencies?
    B. RNG?

cause idk if you know... but players have been begging for more currencies, and less RNG, like having PVP vendors, instead of the RNG drop.

but hey if you love RNG so much keep at it mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    they cant pull that "we listened to feedback" BS because the lead game dev Watcher himself stated in an interview that they dont want to make them account wide because its player power gain

every time in BFA the players say the system is wrong and give solutions and the devs say they are wrong....until a few months later and then the devs say "we agree with you" no you agree with wallets you see the feedback but you want to be lazy
    I mean yes you can listen t feedback even if you disagree... that isl iterally feedback, a person says "We dont wanna do this" then players say "we really want it" then they say "alright we listened to your feedback, we will do it" that is LITERALLY feedback

so yes, they did listen to feedback, just like they did when the made classic, they didnt want to at first, and felt the playerbase was too small, but we gave them our feedback, and they listened, giving us classic.

btw for all yall who read this, something super important, and why people getting mad over them implementing a fix we asked for.
    is cause companies are a group, and like a pet you need to train them.
    if they do bad you need to punish them, if they do good you need to reward them.
    Cause if you dont they will just do whatever they want.

So if you dont punish them for doing bad, they will keep doing bad.
    if you dont reward them for doing good, they wont do good.

Imagine a dog, if it peed on the carpet and you gave it a treat, it would pee on the carpet again in the future knowing it got a treat last time!

but if the dog brings you the paper and you yell at it, it wont do it again in the future.

If a company listens to our feedback, and adds something we asked for, then we get mad at them or "wow took you fucking long enough, fail, next time do it earlier" then well they listened to our feedback but just got shat on more, why should they do it again?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-13 at 03:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, another new currency. Even when Activision listens, they find a way to screw it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    In other words: Blizz finally realised players are playing less because they just CBA grinding the same shite over and over again on Alts, its not primarily a QoL change for players but a Blizz losing money change
    I fucking love this.

"Blizz never listenes to our feedback, if they listened to us we would play the game!"
    *Blizz listenes.*
    "LOL blizz only listened cause of money, shit change too late, fuck them, they need to listen to this other thing now!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Oh great, another new currency. Even when Activision listens, they find a way to screw it up.
    Yesah man fuck currencies, who the fuck needs vendors and garunteed drops, i want me some good fucking RNG drops baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Change is pretty late but w/e. I'm amused by the people who are complaining about it being a new currency instead of gold. Like I'm okay with the argument that maybe you don't think you should have to unlock them again-- but gold? For each person complaining that alt-essences use a new currency instead of gold do think about how many more of you would instead reeee about them pushing token sales.

I think the only reason heirlooms are as accepted as they are today (Something you can only buy when you've already gotten a max-level character? Something that accelerates your progress to/at end-game on alts? Takes a currency to purchase?) is because they're a pre-existing system. If they were a new system developed today as a catch-up mechanic introduced with gold after tokens existed I imagine there would be tons of screaming instead of quiet acceptance every .15/.2 patch.