Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,824
    This is the most legitimate case of "ok boomer" I've ever seen

  2. #22
    Over 9000! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Continent of Orsterra
    Posts
    9,479
    I have a counter against streamers. (not possible in any game)

    But for example in rust i find a streamer and start playing copyrighted music next to his home and this can get him banned and logs out generaly.
    If you know a twitch rules, use them against streamers.

    https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/community-guidelines/

    Other option is to post real life information so its seen in streamers chat (fake one of cose, but you make it look as real as possible).
    The more minor way is to add a real life add into stream...twitch hates that.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    PvP is never a recommend way to enjoy your leisure time, unless you cheat/hack yourself.

    People will do anything to win.
    For people that can't handle their own pixels getting owned by pixels of another human being. The rest enjoy the challenge.

    It's kinda pathetic how this thread is filled with people that can't handle it. It's almost as if you chose this place to vent your multiplayer frustations

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    For people that can't handle their own pixels getting owned by pixels of another human being. The rest enjoy the challenge.

    It's kinda pathetic how this thread is filled with people that can't handle it. It's almost as if you chose this place to vent your multiplayer frustations
    Streamers in multiplayer games are the equivalent of Ronaldo coming down to your local beer league games. Not fun for anyone involved.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Streamers intentionally join casual multiplayer games to run around "pwning" noobs because their followers think that it constitutes skillful gameplay
    I mean I don't remember a game that didn't have good players in normal matches until more recently when people started crying that they aren't winning the games and they deserve to because they have the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Every little glitch, bug, exploit and oversight is made public and abused to hell and back by everyone, rendering multiplayer matches a non-stop barrage of cheesy tactics and exploits
    Yea, you must have been sheltered or something, FORUMS have had the latest glitches on them since day 1, the streamers cannot use actual exploits for advantages on twitch thats a ban for at least 24 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • All games are completely overrun with people spamming to promote their streaming accounts
    I've never once experienced a person outside of WOW trying to link their twitch stream or youtube in chat, putting TTV or YT in your tag makes YOU a target and actual streamers don't do it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Streamers often intentionally "meme", that is harass other people and try to make the game as unenjoyable as possible for them
    Tea bagging, trash talking, and other griefing has been around since day 1 and is actually less now than previously...you're newly experiencing things is kind of proof you haven't experienced much in gaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Streamers become community figures and ultimately influence game design, despite their sole credentials being that they are "popular"
    This is true, and also half of the broadcasting announcers in sports have the same issue, actually most of TV is just repeating what is written on a card in front of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Streaming promotes the most obnoxious type of community possible - people who thoughtlessly spam "POG", "4HEAD" and other twitch speak
    Dude, we used to have people spamming Chuck Norris jokes and calling each other Llamas and the fact is you must not know why they call it Xbox 360...because you turn 360 degrees and walk away.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    In the old days you'd maybe run across one asshole abusing game design oversights to rack up kills every 10 matches or so, which was annoying but not unbearable. But now every game is overrun and infested with people playing the "meta" way and rendering the game unenjoyable for absolutely everyone. That's not to mention streamers "pwning" noobs for views. Nowadays I just instantly hit alt + f4 whenever I see someone with a name like "NoobzpwnerTTV" or "qt314YT". It's just not worth it.
    Ok, this is just the final nail in your coffin, we've been running around killing people calling them n00bs for using incorrect loadouts, setups, or talents for over 15 years and somehow to you this is all new, but we're supposed to believe you've experienced online gaming for any period of time?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Streamers in multiplayer games are the equivalent of Ronaldo coming down to your local beer league games. Not fun for anyone involved.
    Seems like you're implying all streamers are at a pro player level. That most be the most ridiculous thing you have said in this thread so far and that isn't easy

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Streamers in multiplayer games are the equivalent of Ronaldo coming down to your local beer league games. Not fun for anyone involved.
    How many times did Ronaldo do that? How many times did other professional athletes do that?

    "NEVER", you say?
    "Maybe once at a party", you say?
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-03-15 at 01:39 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    MANY influencers are also long time players of the game, many of the ones asked for input have a great deal of knowledge of how the game works. If you're going to be creating a new FPS, why not ask someone like Shroud what they think?
    Probably because your average player isn't like Shroud and doesn't play the game for 8 hours every day. So why take design descisions from a super-minority? Thats not gonna make your game have long-time appeal.

  9. #29
    Always fun when people think it was better in the old days...oh boy...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Always fun when people think it was better in the old days...oh boy...
    it was, but not for the reasons op said. but because it was much more of an old west, lawless and free.

    as for streamers, they can be cancerous. not because they outskill you, but because of their hordes of zoomer sycophants, like encircle asmongold constantly in wow. that shit is what makes streamers bad, in games that allow it at least. lags the servers, instagibs you just due to getting hit by 40 people at once, and spams chat with twitch cancer.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was, but not for the reasons op said. but because it was much more of an old west, lawless and free.

    as for streamers, they can be cancerous. not because they outskill you, but because of their hordes of zoomer sycophants, like encircle asmongold constantly in wow. that shit is what makes streamers bad, in games that allow it at least. lags the servers, instagibs you just due to getting hit by 40 people at once, and spams chat with twitch cancer.
    Asmon had always rubbed me the wrong way since the moment I got told who he was. I can't stand his streams or community.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was, but not for the reasons op said. but because it was much more of an old west, lawless and free.
    Absolutely, which often resulted in more toxicity and griefing.

  13. #33
    At this point, almost all internet forums are banning help / advice chat.

    1. You cannot talk religion
    2. You cannot giving dating / relationship advice
    3. You cannot give health care advice

    As a consequence, internet forums get filled with trolls and badasses that mock everyone because being nice and helpful is literally BANNED. This generates an extremely toxic culture on the internet that naturally spills over into video games and twitch streams.

    People become emotionally stunted.

    This isn't happening because it is the Old West. This is happening due to extreme controls put on communities to destroy any semblance of one person helping another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  14. #34
    Listen, that's because those streamers are bad people.
    Don't watch them or feed their egos and this problem solves itself.

    Some people stream video games to educate others, develop community, and document their progress in the game.

    Step 1 might be stop watching Twitch streams. I know it sounds crazy, but there are people streaming on other platforms specifically to avoid that type of person, and it has worked very well for me thus far.

    The landscape on a youtube stream is much healthier for adults, and you'd be surprised how few children come by to ruin it with their twitch emote language nonsense.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Asmon had always rubbed me the wrong way since the moment I got told who he was. I can't stand his streams or community.
    his personality is douchey, so watching him get rekt by dating an e-thot was funny. but his grossness as a person is what bothers me the most. at least have a physicality worthy of a douchey attitude, not the form of a devolved subterranean creature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Absolutely, which often resulted in more toxicity and griefing.
    "toxicity" is freedom. ignore buttons have always existed. it should be on the individual to control what they see.

    as for griefing, that too was answerable with in game actions, like calling in help. but it can hit a point that shouldn't be tolerated.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "toxicity" is freedom. ignore buttons have always existed. it should be on the individual to control what they see.

    as for griefing, that too was answerable with in game actions, like calling in help. but it can hit a point that shouldn't be tolerated.
    Well yeah, but the point is that OP is complaining about something that's just completely false. For what he is complaining about it's better now than before... then if it's a good change or not is up to each and everyone to decide.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Streamers intentionally join casual multiplayer games to run around "pwning" noobs because their followers think that it constitutes skillful gameplay
    • Every little glitch, bug, exploit and oversight is made public and abused to hell and back by everyone, rendering multiplayer matches a non-stop barrage of cheesy tactics and exploits
    • All games are completely overrun with people spamming to promote their streaming accounts
    • Streamers often intentionally "meme", that is harass other people and try to make the game as unenjoyable as possible for them
    • Streamers become community figures and ultimately influence game design, despite their sole credentials being that they are "popular"
    • Streaming promotes the most obnoxious type of community possible - people who thoughtlessly spam "POG", "4HEAD" and other twitch speak
    I keep seeing stuff like this and wonder, am I living in another layer or something? No multiplayer games I play have a hint of that kind of problem. World of Warcraft, HotS, Mordhau, even the memiest of them all Counter Strike, I just join and fucking play, am I doing something wrong? Is this something Fortknight related?

    The only hint of that is people promoting their bullshit, like sometimes I see someone linking twitch stuff on general channel, or some bigbrains have it in their nick, but honestly who cares, it fades away in like 3 seconds.

    Complaining about "meta" plays or cheesing mechanics, yeah, been here for years now. Warcraft III is an easy target, the game is a fun mix of RTS combat and basebuilding, yet good luck having found a 4 man deathmatch where no one does a tower rush or shit like that. Nothing about the tower rush strat is even remotely fun, but people kept doing it because it kept working. And that was like 20 years ago, when "Streaming" probably only meant something fishing related. Nothing has changed.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    • Streamers intentionally join casual multiplayer games to run around "pwning" noobs because their followers think that it constitutes skillful gameplay
    • Every little glitch, bug, exploit and oversight is made public and abused to hell and back by everyone, rendering multiplayer matches a non-stop barrage of cheesy tactics and exploits
    • All games are completely overrun with people spamming to promote their streaming accounts
    • Streamers often intentionally "meme", that is harass other people and try to make the game as unenjoyable as possible for them
    • Streamers become community figures and ultimately influence game design, despite their sole credentials being that they are "popular"
    • Streaming promotes the most obnoxious type of community possible - people who thoughtlessly spam "POG", "4HEAD" and other twitch speak

    In the old days you'd maybe run across one asshole abusing game design oversights to rack up kills every 10 matches or so, which was annoying but not unbearable. But now every game is overrun and infested with people playing the "meta" way and rendering the game unenjoyable for absolutely everyone. That's not to mention streamers "pwning" noobs for views. Nowadays I just instantly hit alt + f4 whenever I see someone with a name like "NoobzpwnerTTV" or "qt314YT". It's just not worth it.
    There aren't enough people in this thread old enough to remember the before days. You're not going to be able to explain it to them in a way they can understand having not lived it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    In the end the success of classic means just the blizzard was right since years, people want easy LFR mode.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    There aren't enough people in this thread old enough to remember the before days. You're not going to be able to explain it to them in a way they can understand having not lived it.
    Breh I have been here since the start of online gaming, which didn't really kick in until late 90s/early 2000s. There have always been immense shit talkers and toxicity in online games. In fact, I often hail the early 2000s as my personal favorite time because it was so disrespectful and funny. A wild-west, if you will, of unadulterated, unmitigated asshole gunslinging.

    "I fucked your mom like I'm fucking you right now!"
    "I hope you die in a fire!"
    "Should probably just kill yourself you suck so bad!"
    "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

    Etc. It was hilarious to watch. It was glorious to see the reactions.

    OP is living in la-la land or played some very different, very sheltered games.

    Anyone else remember online CS with the customize-able tags? The amount of shit I saw from those alone would make OP shutter. I'd say it was worse back then, simply because games didn't police their communities at all, past maybe a swear filter you'd always turn off.

    Man... those were the good ol days.

  20. #40
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    as for streamers, they can be cancerous. not because they outskill you, but because of their hordes of zoomer sycophants, like encircle asmongold constantly in wow. that shit is what makes streamers bad, in games that allow it at least
    I hate this dumb culture of personality that pervades gaming since normies came to infest it, specially with e-celebs that basically just get money for existing and their drones who flock them like flies to shit, but I don't think it's something companies are "allowing" more than there's no real proper way to dissuade it without just acting tyrannical and basically banning people for wanting to play games together. This is something people are gonna have to fix themselves, though it doesn't seem it'll happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Absolutely, which often resulted in more toxicity and griefing.
    Not really. When there weren't ridiculous guidelines and enforcers monitoring everything it was up to the individuals to do so. If you tried to play with a community and your personality was considered toxic for them you would find yourself kicked from the server after everyone's told you to cut it out because you don't fit in. If you are a "toxic" person who likes to trash talk you would go server to server until you find mates that like to verbally express their lived experiences with your mother as much as you do with theirs. If you are princess who can't handle it you would go server to server until you find fellow MLP fans to sing about friendship with. And if you were a shitt talking princess then the world was your oyster. In my opinion that was much better than the current environment where everyone has to be forced to behave a certain way because of a few people who'll shriek to the enforcers if they don't get their way.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

    "If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •