Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    No... you don't just blindly forgive debts I don't know why you are pushing swindling people so hard.

Pay your debts or don't take them.
    tell that to Trump. He cannot seem to pay his debts.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... you don't just blindly forgive debts I don't know why you are pushing swindling people so hard.

Pay your debts or don't take them.
    Stop thinking like this is swindling. Your beliefs will result in massive homelessness and eventual riots. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky. River and sees boiling. 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, and volcanoes. Dead rising from their grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. Eventually it'll get so bad that debt collection wouldn't be profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Stop thinking like this is swindling. Your beliefs will result in massive homelessness and eventual riots. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky. River and sees boiling. 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, and volcanoes. Dead rising from their grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. Eventually it'll get so bad that debt collection wouldn't be profitable.
    I mean... that isn't how debt works. Your wage gets garnished. You can still afford food and shelter. There isn't a debtor's jail.

I mean... that isn't how debt works. Your wage gets garnished. You can still afford food and shelter. There isn't a debtor's jail.
    Well, Trump got out of his debts by refusing to pay, suing people, and filing for bankruptcy. In essence, they could simply forgive that debt like the government forgave his.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, Trump got out of his debts by refusing to pay, suing people, and filing for bankruptcy. In essence, they could simply forgive that debt like the government forgave his.
    Look I'm not excusing the abuse the system already has. I just don't think going forward you can create the expectation that debts can be drawn and never paid by solely for the reason you don't want to..

Look I'm not excusing the abuse the system already has. I just don't think going forward you can create the expectation that debts can be drawn and never paid by solely for the reason you don't want to..
    Great, then you better not ever support Trump in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume people can afford food and shelter, and you know what they say when you assume. Being in debt is like jail, because if you can't pay your debts then bad things happen. It's meant to deter people from being late to make payments. The first punishment is usually more debt, and later on they take away things from you, including garnishing your pay. They don't care what's going on in your life, they just want you to pay back debts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You assume people can afford food and shelter, and you know what they say when you assume. Being in debt is like jail, because if you can't pay your debts then bad things happen. It's meant to deter people from being late to make payments. The first punishment is usually more debt, and later on they take away things from you, including garnishing your pay. They don't care what's going on in your life, they just want you to pay back debts.
    They do not garnish to the point of removing food or shelter. It might impact the level of comfort the person is familiar with.

I can't believe that paying your debts has become a divisive issue.

You take out a loan you pay it back, seems pretty simple to me.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I can't believe that paying your debts has become a divisive issue.

You take out a loan you pay it back, seems pretty simple to me.
    But unlike some people, there are colleges that are fraudulent that DeVos has been defending and forcing the students, that don't even go there anymore, to continue to pay. Even after a judge told them to stop forcing them to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    But unlike some people, there are colleges that are fraudulent that DeVos has been defending and forcing the students, that don't even go there anymore, to continue to pay. Even after a judge told them to stop forcing them to pay.
    Then don't pay them? If a judge dismissed them there isn't anything left for them to collect on...

I don't really understand people who live their life thinking they are excused from deals they made simply because its inconvenient for them.

They do not garnish to the point of removing food or shelter. It might impact the level of comfort the person is familiar with.
    Oh god, "level of comfort" is an "out of touch" alert phrase.

Garnishment most certainly can affect your ability to afford basic expenses. Good lord. There's an entire branch of the legal field that works with helping people try to court their way out of these garnishments. Ironically, most people in that position can't afford legal aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Oh god, "level of comfort" is an "out of touch" alert phrase.

Garnishment most certainly can affect your ability to afford basic expenses. Good lord. There's an entire branch of the legal field that works with helping people try to court their way out of these garnishments. Ironically, most people in that position can't afford legal aid.
    You can afford rent with a shared room and food. You won't starve you just won't be comfortable.

Consider it a life lesson on not spending what you don't have.

Then don't pay them? If a judge dismissed them there isn't anything left for them to collect on...

I don't really understand people who live their life thinking they are excused from deals they made simply because its inconvenient for them.
    Then they seize your assets. Yeah, going to go over real well. DeVos is still collecting on them, and her cunty old ass isn't listening to the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Then they seize your assets. Yeah, going to go over real well. DeVos is still collecting on them, and her cunty old ass isn't listening to the judges.
    I don't see how that could work unless I am missing tons of information. You can't seize assets without moving through the courts and if the judge dismissed it there isn't a way around that.

You can afford rent with a shared room and food. You won't starve you just won't be comfortable.

Consider it a life lesson on not spending what you don't have.
    Look, someone who exists in their bubble
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Look, someone who exists in their bubble
    I mean...how? I exist in the bubble of you pay what you owe...

I mean...how? I exist in the bubble of you pay what you owe...
    Great, then why don't you hold Trump to that same standard? Surely you must think his assets should be seized by the courts, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Great, then why don't you hold Trump to that same standard? Surely you must think his assets should be seized by the courts, right?
    Yes that would be ideal. I believe bankruptcy is to relaxed for the wealthy.

Yes that would be ideal. I believe bankruptcy is to relaxed for the wealthy.
    Yeah, it's a shame when con men like Trump run fake universities, and refuse to pay their debts.