Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Employees to work from home

https://twitter.com/blizzard_ent/sta...695723520?s=21

Not unexpected, and probably smart in the long run. I doubt it will stop anyone from complaining or using it as the reason why x was late/bad/rushed, but there ya go.

Wash your talons everybody. Even you my Troll friends, no matter how much you like the smell.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    https://twitter.com/blizzard_ent/sta...695723520?s=21

Not unexpected, and probably smart in the long run. I doubt it will stop anyone from complaining or using it as the reason why x was late/bad/rushed, but there ya go.

Wash your talons everybody. Even you my Troll friends, no matter how much you like the smell.
    WOOOOW blizzard is in such a shitshow they cant even afford to keep their office, and therefore forcing their employees to work from home? blizzard fucking deeeead wow is over, good riddance.
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    WOOOOW blizzard is in such a shitshow they cant even afford to keep their office, and therefore forcing their employees to work from home? blizzard fucking deeeead wow is over, good riddance.
    /s
    Russian judges give you a 9.7, flowers all around
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

15+ Year Old Account
    /s
    Top tier shitpost.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Top tier shitpost.
    He has a /s in the end tho.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I wonder if this will affect their games in some way.

It's a pretty easy business to work from home too. Although working from home tend to lower productivity depending on the person.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

To clarify to everyone - work from home isn't the same as work at home.

It merely means the 'base' is home, if they need to do server room stuff - 1 person goes in and does it and goes back home.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

In before Felplague and Det..

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard really does care about their employees All Blizzard haters take notice! You're disdain for this company has been proven weightless! They care!

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    In before Felplague and Det..

You are very late to the party.

Is there even a downsides for a gaming company to have 90% of workers work-from-home? I can only think about potential leak risks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    /s
    hahahaha nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Is there even a downsides for a gaming company to have 90% of workers work-from-home? I can only think about potential leak risks.
    Leaked asset risks, lack of office communication between departments (web conferences are Not anywhere near as helpful when coordinating game art departments for example).

7+ Year Old Account
    My company started giving permission to WFH three weeks ago. Two weeks ago they, literally, closed the door on three of the offices in the area and told everyone to WFH.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Personally I struggle to keep focus and motivation at the same level when I'm not at the office, think it might affect quite a few people.

Yea, this is wery good point

It will definitely have an impact on development. But I mean, it's impacting everything, what're you gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It will definitely have an impact on development. But I mean, it's impacting everything, what're you gonna do?
    This. It's bad, and it's going to get worse before it gets any better.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I`m pretty sure that this won't affect HOTS dev team xDDD

I wonder how much this will postpone Shadowlands. I'm guessing mid december release instead of august/september