Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Actually no, Horde Killed Alliance agents first, goblins didn't start dieing until the Alliance player shows up and they are told their agents where already killed at that point.
    I am pretty sure these agents attacked goblins first.

    As for point 2 I would remind you that that happens post WoD where open hostilities are already back in action in ashran where it is hinted at that the requilry attacked the explorers league, but we have no definitive "Horde did it" Ya or Na on that from blizzard yet.
    Both factions ended up allied against the Legion. It was likely negotiated.

    I would Also point out that it is still a viable chain of events that Azuna happens before stormhimelore lore wise, in which case it was more of a stop Sylvanas rather then purely assassination attempt.
    Stop from what? This way, Horde should have right to stop Anduin from any weird rituals he wanted to do in Broken Shore.
    If you recall though the one condition of Dalaran lending aid was that they would be used mostly to give time for the civilians to evacuate, and not as an offensive force. I would also remind you that we had a Horde mage betray (Almost certainly set up before hand) the Kirin'tor to slip in and sabotage the defense.
    That was an act of aggression against Horde. What do the civilians change if Kirin Tor broke their neutrality already?
    True, but most of the Shaman population is of a similar mindset to thrall and we see where he ended up...
    He got sterilised from aggression to make greater contrast with Garrosh.

    Once again true but the trolls also started killing wild gods before the Nightelves where a thing, so that's probably why we got a mix of loyalties here. I would also point out a good Chunk of the wild gods seem to serve or at least respect Elune who is most definitely on the side of the Nightlelves.
    Killing wild gods was forbidden. It was rare until Third War. Troll loa seem to ignore Elune.

    Or when you're raised and highly suggestible, and they want to point you at an enemy. Hell even when they supposedly don't, the choice is join us or die again. Even if it's not direct mind control, she most certainly isn't giving them free rain of their new lives. Turns out "Needed" may be quite often.
    It is join us or go away. Only thing Sylvanas prohibits is to attack her. Joining the Alliance is joining the enemy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i think its just limited to this forum. Ive been playing horde on tichondrius for ages and alliance on cenarius. People in game dont share the view of the usual talking heads on this forum lol.
    Most of players never read quest texts and they don't care about lore. That's why so many people think that Alliance is the good faction.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  2. #442
    The Lightbringer Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,157
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Most of players never read quest texts and they don't care about lore. That's why so many people think that Alliance is the good faction.
    eh most people are concerned more with gameplay and loot [and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that]. I am more pumped about finally getting two heroic unguent caress on my DH this week than whos the bad guy.

    as for which faction is actually bad. ive said it multiple times. faction loyalty is the useless in this game. because there will never be a clear winner, because subs. and the story has shown multiple times that both sides have fed up huge. there is no longer a "well they shot first". All that can be argued is:
    1. individual events
    2. how the story proceeds, and trying to figure out the next spoiler

    obviously it would be ideal to have relatable events, but we can clearly see blizzard sucks at connecting dots. And worse, the writers think they are writing this amazing masterpiece. it is important to remember that its a video game with gameplay first and lore second. Warcraft had the luxury of having a great story because the player played both sides. WoW doesnt have that. We couldnt even make characters on opposing sides on the same server until Wrath i believe. And since now we have a player on both sides who is paying there will never be a "you suck you evil, they awesome they good".

    The funny thing is, that resolved the original question of this thread. Why are so many alliance factions shared with the horde? because they havent developed the horde beyond the motivating force which is why the alliance is the reactionary force.

    This constantly pigeon holes the horde into the villain bat category and alliance forced into the world police category. In the past expacs, it is now twice that a horde warchief has been supplanted, twice their city has had armies at its gates, and finally in BfA a complete revamp of their structure. Twice an alliance king giving them a lecture on "honor" as an ending cinematic. Why wouldnt the players playing the game not think the alliance is the good faction? Compare that to, Sylvanas burning teldrassil cinematic. A whole netflix series on saurfang opposing and finally dethroning sylvanas? Anyone would easily believe, yea the horde sucks.

    I can go right now in game and ask whoever is online
    "hey you recall that quest in Azsuna where you kill the forsaken shipwrecks and get that log about sylvanas?" or
    "hey you recall that time when the horde troops slammed into alliance backs when they were fighting scourge in icecrown?"

    I can one hundered thousand percent guarantee you that no one will remember that (and ive been with these people since burning crusade). I can also guarantee you that they will remember forsaken bombing horde and alliance on wrathgate cinematic. and they will remember that sylvanas was torturing and imprisoning a very golden looking valkyr in stormhiem until Genn so heroically saved her.

    So of course theyll believe alliance is good and horde is bad. Every media outlet out there is screaming that is so. The issue is, even for those that read the lore, alliance is either bad or just as bad as the horde. not outright evil. because their shit in WoW doesnt carry the shock value. The horde is left as either just as bad as alliance or down right evil. There are maybe 2 people in my guild at this moment who have played the older warcraft games. They dont know about garithos. they dont care. they saw garrosh bomb theramore. was there any cinematic about taurajo? There was an event in game about cromush bombing stonetalon.

    There are a ton more examples obviously but at this point it should be clear. Simply saying "oh well they dont care about the lore thats why they like the alliance" isnt gonna fly. Opinions and inferences dont matter, since there are so many holes in the faction war. Only whats being said at its stone cold value. Which leaves us with blizzard making high def vids on how saurfang saved the horde from the maw, and how sylvanas used it very much like "Arrows in her quiver".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am pretty sure these agents attacked goblins first.
    apparently they retconned it in an interview. so they left it as goblins attacking the exploration party first. then SI got involved.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  3. #443
    Top 10 villains in World of Warcraft:



    I hope one day we can avenge the poor orcs who were forced to become slaves of the Legion because of those goat monsters.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    so who gets to decide which corruption is worse, fel vs void? got any lore to back that up or is that just another "opinion"?

    i guess you skipped WoD eh? you can blame the draenei when another race has the same chance as the orcs, with a guy coming from the future to warn them and they still choose going for the fel.

    - - - Updated - - -



    awesome bias there.
    "humans bad! they are corrupted by curse of flesh its all their fault! they wanted to be corrupted!"
    "orcs not bad! it wasnt their fault they were corrupted and blew up their planet! they didnt want to!"
    Void as natural force serves void lord and their will see void elves who has to resist void lords whispers while fel doesn't really have that kind of draw back and at the same time void and light are naturally outside reality while other magical forces are inside so all by all fel is more natural to exists in reality as such its better.

    I didn't and orcs had all logical reasons to wipe out draenai in wod and what happened now in au proves it. So you really don't undestand how desperate they were when they drank? they had being crushed on all fronts, lost most of their area heck their leaders powersbase was lost(nagrand) they only held tanaan jungle at that point they were at the point of beingg wiped out and they new drinking it was the only chance to win they had and Garrosh was gone at that point who was most trusted about their future.

    One person blew it up so by your logic we can blame all of the alliance when malfurion blew 80% of kalimndors landmass (according to wc3)

  5. #445
    Old God Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I hope one day we can avenge the poor orcs who were forced to become slaves of the Legion because of those goat monsters.
    th goat monsters who deceive and corrupted to orcs to kill more goat monsters

    draenei would died anyway man, did you now saw how the legion would end all the life in universe anyway?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    awesome. you are now so lost in your mental gymnastics you are blaming other people for what you do.
    im lost in mental gymnastic because im flipping the alliance hypocrite statements like blaming the entire orcish race as objective evil race while they withewash other races just because the scale wasn't the same? rofl

    This whole thread stat derailing because alliance players can't stay on topic and start their mental gymnastics blaming the orcs and the horde

  6. #446
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,010
    Blaming the Draenei for the actions of the Legion, specifically Kil'Jaeden, seems wrongheaded to me - the Draenei needed a world to settle as their numbers were unsustainable for long-term life aboard the Genedar. It's not the fault of the Draenei that the Legion were following them, nor was it the Draenei who had an omnicidal desire to end all creation as per the orders of their insane leader Sargeras. The true villain in both the stories of the Draenei and that of the Orcs is the Legion - it was the Legion who chased the Draenei across the stars, putting worlds to the torch because that was their mission to begin with (something they would've done with or without the Draenei factoring in to the picture). Likewise, it wasn't the fault of the Orcs that they were gulled and corrupted by an outside actor with malevolent intent, as well as magic and technology leagues beyond what was available to the Orcs.

    The true villain of both story-arcs is the Legion itself, and it is the Legion's actions that led to the tragedy that befell both races - a tragedy that in many ways is still enacted today.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Blaming the Draenei for the actions of the Legion, specifically Kil'Jaeden, seems wrongheaded to me - the Draenei needed a world to settle as their numbers were unsustainable for long-term life aboard the Genedar. It's not the fault of the Draenei that the Legion were following them, nor was it the Draenei who had an omnicidal desire to end all creation as per the orders of their insane leader Sargeras. The true villain in both the stories of the Draenei and that of the Orcs is the Legion - it was the Legion who chased the Draenei across the stars, putting worlds to the torch because that was their mission to begin with (something they would've done with or without the Draenei factoring in to the picture). Likewise, it wasn't the fault of the Orcs that they were gulled and corrupted by an outside actor with malevolent intent, as well as magic and technology leagues beyond what was available to the Orcs.

    The true villain of both story-arcs is the Legion itself, and it is the Legion's actions that led to the tragedy that befell both races - a tragedy that in many ways is still enacted today.
    To make it funnier, Legion isn't really that bad. They have their own reason to end all creation.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  8. #448
    It's still the fault of the orcs if they drank the blood though. When Grommash tells Thrall that they willingly drank that blood, Thrall gets mad at how they could ever doom their people willingly. Because they knew there was a price to pay for that power, and they could've rejected the blood as WoD proves (though WoD also proves that they are inherently genocidal creatures who don't need the Legion to commit mass murder).

    I mean, they got manipulated by Kil'jaeden. Not mind-controlled. At any point in time they could've stopped and gone back. They just decided not to. And that's why Thrall ultimately decided to settle in Durotar to atone for the sins of his people.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Alliance doesn't have players trying to justify genocide, mass murder of civilians, and gleefully following omnicidal maniacs, but yeah, "equally". Sure.
    Except for, I dunno, people saying Jaina was right to drown Orgrimmar and that she should have followed up on that. Even though one of the things contributing to her decision making there was the presence of an orphanage. Or even against their own interests because in an alternate timeline where Jaina did do that the Alliance was destroyed because it drove the rest of the Horde into overdrive.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Very much disagree.

    There are no "lol its just a prank bro" excuses after commiting genocide and similar acts.
    Horde gets such unrealistic treatment on a constant basis - and then goes around touting about "muh honor" xD
    The only reason why Alliance is not making excuses is because its wrongdoings are not even acknowledged. Which is oh, so super realistic a treatment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imagine what would happen to king Varian Wrynn if he told his troops and people that, after all the misery and death and sacrifice to defeat garrosh, he has decided to "LOL FORGIVE BFF" the horde just cause his son anduin has a desire for some bain ****?
    Both varian and anduin would be executed on the spot for treason by his own generals and commanders - not to mention torn apart by his own people if he would even live long enough to reach stormwind.
    Except he didn't decide that because Anduin wanted some Baine stars. He decided that because he was in no position to fight. Alliance was thoroughly losing the war against the Horde and then still needed to team up with a part of the Horde against Garrosh. For crying out loud, Alliance ended up ceding territory to the Horde, which is a clear indication of their weak position. And that was covered in Alliance dialogue. As usual Alliance complaints are so immensely valid they are based on not knowing even their own side of the story.


    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    How dare you use logic on this forum?
    Just because something confirms your bias doesn't make it logical. Just a tip.


    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Pretending for even a second, that this doesn't apply to both sides of the fanbase, is just laughable.
    Pretending? That's the truth! Horde players are known for kicking down Alliance's players dogs just for fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  10. #450
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,010
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    To make it funnier, Legion isn't really that bad. They have their own reason to end all creation.
    I'm not sure wholesale omnicide is really the "answer" to the possibility of Void corruption - especially not when the Titans seem to have engineered corrective measures that worked to safeguard Titanic World-Souls. Were it not for Sargeras' pointed insistence on having his way, it seems likely that the universe was indeed protected from the threat of a Dark Titan.

    We also don't know if a Dark Titan is even the universe-ending threat Sargeras feared it was. Considering that we've already fought and trapped a corrupted Titan (Sargeras himself) it seems likely that Sargeras was both wrong and overreacting to a potential threat (by attempting to sterilize the entire universe).
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Then are they really factions?

    Kor'kron are like Praetorian Guard, elite troops guarding the warchief, to my knowledge. That's more of a job than a faction, unless you're telling me they've been built up a lot more than I noticed. As to clans, they were all subsumed, sorry united, into the Horde. That was the point during its founding by the Legion, no more inter-clan fighting, just one big, happy, mindless mob following Warchief Puppet. Clans haven't mattered for a LONG time, and WoD didn't exactly help.
    Warsong, Frostwolves, Shadowmoon and even Dragonmaw say hello. Shattered Hand on the other hand has been transformed from a clan to a faction oriented around spying and whatnot available to all Horde members, which plays directly into @yani9841's point. But it's only Vanilla lore so you're excused not yet knowing something this recent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Dalaran already existed BEFORE the pact with Silvermoon. It only became a city of mages after that, though.
    Did it exist before its own individual pact with Silvermoon? Yes. Did it exist before humankind's pact with Silvermoon? No. And like @Terongor said, without Silvermoon they wouldn't have existed because otherwise the Amani would have wiped the humans out after they were done with the High Elves and the Arathor Empire wouldn't even form, let alone have an opportunity to fracture (which is how Dalaran came to be).


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I can already tell that we two will not exactly come to any agreement, since we will never do, haha.
    Anyway, I already acknowledged the priority system a few posts back.
    The orc thing is like...what? The Legion didn't leave the orcs alone. After almost wiping out the Draenei, the Legion set them on a course to attack Azeroth through the dark portal. You know, the plot that Sargeras himself aided through possessing Medivh and that was covered by the first few games? And after that whole thing went southwards and Draenor collapsed, the Legion, heralded by Magtheridon, took control of Outland. Only the Mag'har remained somewhat unmolested. They didn't wipe them out because they took control of most Orcs not currently on Azeroth.
    Kil'Jaeden had a vast interest in the Orcs as a subservient race to the Legion. Sure, he might have missed them initially if it wasn't for traces of Draenei magic left on Draenor, but there isn't exactly a guarantee of it. Not saying he would definitely have overlooked them, but also not that he definitely wouldn't have. There isn't exactly a lot we can say about this what is sort of thing.
    That was Sargeras stepping in after Kil'Jaeden was already done with his vengeance. Only after that. After the Orcs were already hulked up on demon blood and actually proved themselves as potential tool for something more than killing a bunch of Draenei (which is what KJ thought of them when he found them long before Sargeras looked in that direction). It wasn't something the Legion planned from the get go. And even then Saregeras remained dormant for a few years during which the Orcs were so lost and desperate they started turning on each other.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Which is basically the exact problem I have with the cat-and-mouse argument you brought up. Well that and blaming the mouse for trying to survive. But yeah, it's all based on a massive 'if-then' assumption, i.e. that the Draenei definitely caused the extinction of races that would have been preventable otherwise. We can debate likelihoods all we want, but those are just based on even more assumptions. It will lead nowhere. We all have our opinion of what happened and that is fine, as long as no one claims to know an absolute truth here. Unless Blizz flat-out states that the Draenei caused races to perish that otherwise wouldn't have had - or the opposite- there really is no point to all this.
    I'm sorry, but since when is "just trying to survive" a get out of jail free card for everything you do? If they pulled the Lighbound and tried to forcibly convert the people of the worlds they visited into members of the Army of Light to fight the Legion, would that also be OK? What if they instead followed the Legion's example and decided to bathe the worlds they departed in holy fire to deprive the Legion of potential soldiers just like the Legion was trying to deprive the Void of a foothold in the material plane? Or let's use Stellaris as an example since I'm playing it a lot recently because of the new DLC. One of the potential late game threats in it is the Prethoryn Scourge, which is the Zerg/Tyranid/Flood of that setting. Which invade the player's galaxy to scour it of all resources because they are fleeing from something even worse. Does that make them turning entire worlds into food and breeding lairs somehow OK? How is Draenei's negligence, callousness and dismissal of everything not Draenei any different?

    And I didn't say a word about them definitely causing anything. I said they didn't do shit to inform the people they put in Legion's crosshair (or, more specifically, how your excuse for that doesn't actually excuse them). At which point those what ifs of yours don't apply. Especially since we actually do know from Blizzard's own story how callous the Draenei were about other races they crossed paths with. From Velen's own short story. In which, even putting aside all their past of traveling the stars and what they did there, the Draenei were still willing to abandon the Azerothian races to their extinction. Even those that helped them out. Even though in this case they knew for sure this world was a target of the Legion. Because it already has been. Once even after their own arrival to this planet.

    But it didn't matter for shit to them because what is just one world and its inhabitants to the Draenei. Absolutely nothing, that's what. Because they were "fighting" a "much larger war" (by doing fuck all other than fleeing for 25 millennia and dragging Talgath right behind them) so they were vindicated. And even when Velen pulled his head out of his own ass, it's only after he saw a vision of Anduin and his holy bones leading the Army of Light composed mostly of Azerothian races. So even his final decision to stay wasn't motivated by anything particularly good, it was motivated by him treating the people of Azeroth instrumentally. One could even say, arrows in his quiver...


    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Anyway, apparently Chronicles has information in it that makes Rise of the Horde unreliable, so I'm not going to bother with that other point and wait until someone gives me excerpts of that.
    I only mentioned Rise of the Horde in regards to Talgath's quest and Chronicles changed nothing in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  12. #452
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's still the fault of the orcs if they drank the blood though. When Grommash tells Thrall that they willingly drank that blood, Thrall gets mad at how they could ever doom their people willingly. Because they knew there was a price to pay for that power, and they could've rejected the blood as WoD proves (though WoD also proves that they are inherently genocidal creatures who don't need the Legion to commit mass murder).

    I mean, they got manipulated by Kil'jaeden. Not mind-controlled. At any point in time they could've stopped and gone back. They just decided not to. And that's why Thrall ultimately decided to settle in Durotar to atone for the sins of his people.
    A couple Orcs who drank Mannoroth's blood willingly doesn't circumscribe the entire Orcish race - and we know as a matter of lore (e.g. "Rise of the Horde") that the majority of the Orcs had no idea what was in the Chalice of Unity. That's why Ner'zhul's missive to Durotan was so important, and Durotan and Orgrim were among the few (outside the Shadow Council) who knew of the contents and specifics of the Legion's involvement with the Horde. Once they drank Mannoroth's blood they were indeed essentially mind-controlled by the Legion through Mannoroth, but until that point they were manipulated via Kil'Jaeden masquerading as the Orcish ancestor spirits and the voices of the elements.

    You can certainly blame them for being tricked, although this too carries a degree of victim-blaming akin to blaming the Draenei for the actions of the Legion that pursued them across the cosmos. We can split hairs about degrees of blame and the like, but at the end of the day I maintain both the Draenei and the Orcs were victims of the Legion's actions.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Let's be real here, no one had knowledge of Netherlight Temple during the original flight of the Naaru because it hadn't been invented yet on the meta level. That's what retroactive continuity does, if it is applied haphazardly - the Draenei suddenly have the technology to not just create footholds in the Twisting Nether indefinitely, but also hide them from the Legion. But they just for some reason decided to never use that to save more of their people in the past because Blizz didn't bother to close that plot hole.

    As for the short story, it also never stated that they didn't try to help anyone they met. I'm not sure if even states that they met intelligent life outside that one instance. Yet, people here claim with absolute certainty somehow that they are responsible for the doom of, what was it, millions of species?
    But there is no plot hole. We know that Velen was following his visions and the will of the Naaru. So there is no conflict between what he did and Blizzard adding new abilities to the dimensional ships. Why didn't he cloak his ship like the Lightforged Draenei did? He had a vision warning him against that. Why didn't he slip into the Nether like the other ship? Naaru told him not to. We had a repeat of how he was a blind follower until now as recently as Legion. Blizzard could make it so that the ship is capable of turning a Titan into mush and it wouldn't change a thing. Because the Draenei weren't in control. They were simply following a preexisting plan like a bunch of lemmings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If the draenei never made it to Draenor, the chains of events that led to Argus the Unmaker's defeat wouldn't have happened, which means that the universe would have been decimated by Sargeras' new Dark Pantheon.

    So the draenei saved the entire cosmos. The orcs should commend them for once.
    But Orcs genociding the Draenei is a part of that chain of events. By your logic the Draenei should thank them as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    In this thread, we're reminded once again that Horde apologists think:

    1) Someone being chased by serial murderers is to blame for the murderers' actions.
    2) Someone being chased by serial murderers should allow themselves to be killed.
    More like we are reminded you can't make a post without a quip about dem Horde posters boogeyman and you can't make that quip without showing a handful of fallacies into it. Draenei's negligence in handling the Legion threat and warning the worlds they inhabited about it is, you know, a different thing from the Legion's own actions once it arrived in pursuit of the Draenei. And no one said a word about how the Draenei should allow themselves to be killed (it was however mentioned how later lore showed that they could use their ship in a manner that would make them harder to track). But you sure beat that straw-man!


    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    3) Stealing land is fine so long as you have tusks and disgusting feet with only 2 toes.
    What land did the Trolls steal again?


    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well, how did the entire race of the orcs (or mostly as 99%) get under said influence? They got tricked (meaning they are total moron and bloodthirsty by nature as we saw with the Iron Horde), and Horde fans can't have that. Too bad, I really did like the way that Thrall did carve for his ppl but the writers did not follow it.
    You do realize the AU Orcs were also tricked, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A couple Orcs who drank Mannoroth's blood willingly doesn't circumscribe the entire Orcish race - and we know as a matter of lore (e.g. "Rise of the Horde") that the majority of the Orcs had no idea what was in the Chalice of Unity. That's why Ner'zhul's missive to Durotan was so important, and Durotan and Orgrim were among the few (outside the Shadow Council) who knew of the contents and specifics of the Legion's involvement with the Horde. Once they drank Mannoroth's blood they were indeed essentially mind-controlled by the Legion through Mannoroth, but until that point they were manipulated via Kil'Jaeden masquerading as the Orcish ancestor spirits and the voices of the elements.

    You can certainly blame them for being tricked, although this too carries a degree of victim-blaming akin to blaming the Draenei for the actions of the Legion that pursued them across the cosmos. We can split hairs about degrees of blame and the like, but at the end of the day I maintain both the Draenei and the Orcs were victims of the Legion's actions.
    Not really victims, because no one was forcing them to drink or mind-controlling them. Yes, they got manipulated into drinking the blood, just like Arthas was manipulated into taking up Frostmourne or the Horde were manipulated into burning Teldrassil. Yet no one ever called them victims. Saying that the orcs were victims back then is like saying that the Horde were Sylvanas' victims in BfA.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    But that's the thing, we actually don't know how exactly they searched. It's just stated that they sent scouts out to look for them, and describe Talgath finding Draenor as 'stumbling' over it. It's just as likely that they went about it like 'send out scouts to inhabitable worlds you find, look for Draenei traces, report back if you find them or anything else useful'. I mean, that's probably how they were looking for world souls too and it would make a lot of sense.

    If the Draenei left traces that could be somewhat easily followed, they really shouldn't have been able to stay ahead of the Legion, or should have believed that they could hide on Draenor for extended periods of time. That's why I think it is more likely to have played out like this, since otherwise it's kind of weird that the Legion would require thousands of years to find them.
    Unless Blizz comes out and states otherwise, that is how I interpret it. You are free to have a different interpretation, naturally. As I said, we just don't know details like that, so it's simply impossible to really make any calls.
    But Talgath was always a step behind them. At least that's what Rise of the Horde says. Because Legion told us that on occasion Legion was actually ahead of them. Like they did when Draenei were going to Shar'gel, where Legion prepared a trap for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  16. #456
    Old God Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Blaming the Draenei for the actions of the Legion, specifically Kil'Jaeden, seems wrongheaded to me - the Draenei needed a world to settle as their numbers were unsustainable for long-term life aboard the Genedar. It's not the fault of the Draenei that the Legion were following them, nor was it the Draenei who had an omnicidal desire to end all creation as per the orders of their insane leader Sargeras. The true villain in both the stories of the Draenei and that of the Orcs is the Legion - it was the Legion who chased the Draenei across the stars, putting worlds to the torch because that was their mission to begin with (something they would've done with or without the Draenei factoring in to the picture). Likewise, it wasn't the fault of the Orcs that they were gulled and corrupted by an outside actor with malevolent intent, as well as magic and technology leagues beyond what was available to the Orcs.

    The true villain of both story-arcs is the Legion itself, and it is the Legion's actions that led to the tragedy that befell both races - a tragedy that in many ways is still enacted today.
    its what im trying to say all the time, but people keep insisting is all orc fault and they are the only to blame, when both races did stupid things and wrong decisions to

    the only thing i disagree is that the legion would went to draenor without the draeneis there, only god would know how many millennia the Legion would reach draenor, why they would waste time there when serious matters were more important, like searching world souls and since there is no race advanced or powerful enough like the eradar itself, the aldrachi or the netherzin to call their attention, it don't make sense

  17. #457
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not really victims, because no one was forcing them to drink or mind-controlling them. Yes, they got manipulated into drinking the blood, just like Arthas was manipulated into taking up Frostmourne or the Horde were manipulated into burning Teldrassil. Yet no one ever called them victims. Saying that the orcs were victims back then is like saying that the Horde were Sylvanas' victims in BfA.
    I don't really see the two situations as equatable, myself - Sylvanas did indeed manipulate the Horde in BfA, but her manipulations required considerable buy-in from the Horde itself which ultimately makes the majority of them culpable for their actions. This is a far cry from the Legion's gross manipulation of the very spirituality of the Orcs, from co-opting the ancestor spirits to masquerading as the voices of the Elements (the very things the Orcish clans on Draenor revered as most would their tribal gods). I don't consider "force" alone to be the sole arbiter of responsibility - while it's true the Legion didn't put a proverbial gun to the Orcs' collective head and make them do it, they successfully and deviously removed the appearance of every other choice and drove the Horde down the path of their choosing.

    If the Orcs were a person, they were basically the victim of a malicious conman (the Legion) and a campaign of gaslighting and coercion. As I said above, you can certainly blame them for being tricked, but you'd still be blaming the victims of an outside force above and beyond its ability to forestall. If the Orcs *had* somehow disobeyed, it's likely the Legion would've just destroyed them out of hand like they had countless worlds prior.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not really victims, because no one was forcing them to drink or mind-controlling them. Yes, they got manipulated into drinking the blood, just like Arthas was manipulated into taking up Frostmourne or the Horde were manipulated into burning Teldrassil. Yet no one ever called them victims. Saying that the orcs were victims back then is like saying that the Horde were Sylvanas' victims in BfA.
    Come on. This is Warcraft. Only certified bad guys are responsible for their actions and can therefor be held accountable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If the Orcs were a person, they were basically the victim of a malicious conman (the Legion) and a campaign of gaslighting and coercion. As I said above, you can certainly blame them for being tricked, but you'd still be blaming the victims of an outside force above and beyond its ability to forestall. If the Orcs *had* somehow disobeyed, it's likely the Legion would've just destroyed them out of hand like they had countless worlds prior.
    Didn't WoD basically show that they're very much capable of doing the exact same shit without being "the victim of a malicious conman" because they've got a pretty massive hard on for conquest and murdering people.

  19. #459
    Old God Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not really victims, because no one was forcing them to drink or mind-controlling them.
    they never knew that shit was demon blood, they willingly drink something they tough was the only way of victory, and only a few orcs did, the corruption and bloodlust was systematically and affected everyone else who had no say in their fates, everyone was corrupted and enslaved by a evil force by the crime of a few who got fooled and deceived, and you are going to tell me they are not rly victims LUL

    If they ever knew it was demon blood, Grom would never drink that

    We bringing wod crap prove nothing, since there will always be bad people in their own race, just like the draenei also joining the legion there

    Kill'rog drank and just like before the others get corrupted by the act.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Come on. This is Warcraft. Only certified bad guys are responsible for their actions and can therefor be held accountable.


    Didn't WoD basically show that they're very much capable of doing the exact same shit without being "the victim of a malicious conman" because they've got a pretty massive hard on for conquest and murdering people.
    WoD showed us that many orcs have no problem accepting the Fel, knowing full well of the consequences, if the war they started is going badly. As we saw with Kilrogg and pretty much the entirety of the Iron Horde left by 6.1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If the Orcs were a person, they were basically the victim of a malicious conman (the Legion) and a campaign of gaslighting and coercion. As I said above, you can certainly blame them for being tricked, but you'd still be blaming the victims of an outside force above and beyond its ability to forestall. If the Orcs *had* somehow disobeyed, it's likely the Legion would've just destroyed them out of hand like they had countless worlds prior.
    So like Arthas then, a character who gets a lot of hate from those same people who then justify the orcs.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-03-25 at 02:17 PM.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •