Poll: Do you care about your appearance?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As long as you still use a mirror you care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    32 and of course I do. Appearance impacts everything from whether my wife remains attracted to me to how I'm viewed professionally. Perhaps even more importantly, it's a matter of personal esteem - choosing to be dumpy when fitness is available just seems absolutely shameful.
    Word.

On the forums, people just seem to just congregate on the extreme polar ends--either do nothing, or do everything. There's a whole vast center where people take care of themselves but not to any extreme. Taking care of yourself matters for a series of reasons--how you feel mentally and physically, and how others (friends, family, coworkers, people we meet for the first time) view you, maintaining a healthy lifestyle for when we're older. I for one, don't want to look 10 years older than what I currently am.
    Last edited by Dwarfhamster; 2020-03-15 at 05:29 PM.

I care about appearing hygienic, but aside from that, no.

A little self-discipline goes a long way

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    45 and yes. To me it's about putting forth the best "me" that I can and personal appearance is a part of that along with personality, intelligence, etc. Either that or I'm just vain lol. Shower daily, shave every second day, work out 4 days a week. This all gets ramped up even more if there's a date on the horizon.

25 not really. hygiene is different than appearance. also fuck fashion/clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    19 and yes... why would someone care about their appearance?

- - - Updated - - -

i would want to look 10 years older than i am... they ask for id when i want to buy things that are age restricted from 15 and upwards...
    Haha well, aren't you super young? Once you're a bit older, then you'll understand. And besides, haven't you seen pictures of people that look waaaay older than what they really are, age-wise?

I'm Asian, so at least I have genetics in my favor for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Haha well, aren't you super young? Once you're a bit older, then you'll understand. And besides, haven't you seen pictures of people that look waaaay older than what they really are, age-wise?

I'm Asian, so at least I have genetics in my favor for a while.
    Then you crash at 30

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    19 and yes... why would someone care about their appearance?

- - - Updated - - -

i would want to look 10 years older than i am... they ask for id when i want to buy things that are age restricted from 15 and upwards...
    Eventually you'll wish you looked younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Then you crash at 30
    More like mid-60s.

So funny, but so true.
    Last edited by Dwarfhamster; 2020-03-15 at 11:55 PM.

Almost 40 and i look like Hagrid pulled backwards through a hedge. I shower daily and wear jeans and a tshirt like ive always done for the last 20+ years. In winter the beard and hair stays for warmth, in the summer i shave everything to keep cool.

People tell me i look 10 to 15 years younger than i really am.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?