15+ Year Old Account

Need Research Paper Topic Ideas....

So my philosophy class has a research paper due this week and I honestly don't know WTF to write it on. First off, I'm not looking for help doing my paper, research, or anything else like the such. I'm just stuck on WHAT to write it on. We have to use an ethical system and then take a contemporary moral / ethical issue and explain how we would solve said contemporary moral / ethical issue using one of the ethical systems. It is not a paper to argue our own feelings, experiences, or prior views on the subject but simply explain how we would use the ethic system (Divine Command Ethics, Virtue Ethics, Natural Law Ethics, Kantian Duty Ethics, and Utilitarian Ethics) to "use the system to solve the problem, working through the logic and principles of the system". The thing is, since I am horrible at coming up with my own ideas for crap to write about, I'm stuck simply coming up with a good topic to discuss in my paper. I do much better when assignments are explicitly written with clear instructions as to what to do and what to use.

So any ideas on what I should use as my topic would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to discuss on here how you/I feel about certain topics as I'm sure quite a few of these topic ideas would go into the "forbidden topics" discussion rules, just want to get an idea of some good topics I can write about.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2020-03-16 at 12:21 AM. Reason: removed contemporary ethic systems

7+ Year Old Account
    Are there any ethical systems that you found interesting or want to try applying to a problem? That’s where I would start.
    Once I had that in mind I’d then try to come up with a moral dilemma. Healthcare is topical so you could argue how to balance providing the best quality healthcare with providing healthcare to the most amount of people.
    It seems like a pretty open-ended paper so I can see how it would be daunting to get started.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Are there any ethical systems that you found interesting or want to try applying to a problem? That’s where I would start.
    Once I had that in mind I’d then try to come up with a moral dilemma. Healthcare is topical so you could argue how to balance providing the best quality healthcare with providing healthcare to the most amount of people.
    It seems like a pretty open-ended paper so I can see how it would be daunting to get started.
    I was thinking of using Situational Ethics, Utilitarian Ethics, Kantian Ethics, or Virtue Ethics as they can be used to argue more universal topics on a unbiased standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    We have to use an ethical system and then take a contemporary moral / ethical issue and explain how we would solve said contemporary moral / ethical issue using one of the ethical systems.
    Approach it differently. Start with the issue, a clear issue will make it easier for you to put the rest of the paper into perspective.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grrr! Just re-read the prompt and it has to be the traditional ethic systems so Cultural Relativism, Situational Ethics, Egoism, Nihilism, Feminist Ethics, and Care Ethics are out of the question now.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Grrr! Just re-read the prompt and it has to be the traditional ethic systems so Cultural Relativism, Situational Ethics, Egoism, Nihilism, Feminist Ethics, and Care Ethics are out of the question now.
    Well, at least they cleared a lot of bullshit systems out of the way for you to focus on actual ethical systems.