Poll: Do you care about your appearance?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you still care about your appearance?

What is your age, and do you still care about your appearance?

I care about my appearance. I will always shave and dress nicely before going out. I’m so concerned with my appearance that I’m self-conscious. I have trouble maintaining eye contact and always assume I’m being judged.

31, nop, not really anymore. I do what I need to do in order to keep my job and to not alienate myself from friends and family, but I don't pay any attention to specific hairstyles, clothing choices or any specific workout anymore.

Just lost the interest in such time demanding activities. Id rather do something else instead.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2020-03-15 at 03:09 AM.

33, and yes.

Not excessively, but I take care of my skin and hair, keep clean and proper, and I'll put on make-up on special occasions rather than every single day.

10+ Year Old Account
    33, of course, most of the time. Sometimes I feel like trash and don't give two fucks what anyone thinks. Most of the time I like to present a certain image.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I still have a mirror at 54yrs of age.

10+ Year Old Account
    30, and not really. Never have.

Hair is pretty much the only part I pay any attention to. I have long hair and without a ponytail, I look a bit messy.

Other than that, I don't care. I'm of the opinion that if I'm not accepted "as is", then they can make do without me (such a situation have yet to present itself). I don't really judge anyone's appearance, because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sixty. Yep, go figure, I still date and there are basic expectations for taking care of hygiene and appearance.
    @AryuFate By the way, you forgot to answer your own question and didn't post your age.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    as long as im healthy i dont really care anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    No not really anymore. I'm old enough now that such things like fashion, etc... don't even interest me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    30 (pushing 31), and yes. I care about grooming, staying fit, standing straight and wearing clothes that fit me and make me look how I want to look.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    32, Yes. How you present yourself is a matter of self respect. Every 5 weeks at least a hair cut, beard trimmed almost daily cause unless your main occupation is being part of a rock/metal band you can't pull off a decent look and you'll just look homeless. Taking care of your skin will also mean you won't look 60 when you're 40, so that's part of at least a weekly routine.

But hey everyone is free to do whatever, some just don't give a fuck i do. However first impressions do matter to a point but beyond that i don't care, however if you stink and look like you crawled out of garbage truck, especially at work, ESPECIALLY at the beginning of the work day. I'll comment on it.

26 and No.

I mean. General stuff like hygene obviously yes, I don't look like a hobo.

But when it comes to general appearance I really don't care. I'm still using a pair of shoes (in an almost good condition) that I bought around 7 years ago. I haven't really changed my wardrobe in years. Always get the same haitcut even tho I know some others might fit better.

I do use Happy Socks (flamigos, dogs, bananas, rainbows) because they make me feel good and confident.

I wonder if there's a "Straight eye for the queer guy". I think I might need something of that sort.

When it comes to my job. I don't really need to care much about how I dress. It's either:

A) Free for all as a PhD student in a lab where we can do a lot from home

B) In hospital scrubs as an MD. Comfortable and you don't need to put much thought or effort behind it. Patients have complimented my socks
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-03-15 at 12:46 PM.

I look good unkempt and even better when I groom. I will go a good month between shaves sometimes.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Depends on what you mean by care. I keep myself clean and wear clothes that don't have rips or holes. That's the extent of my caring.

32 and of course I do. Appearance impacts everything from whether my wife remains attracted to me to how I'm viewed professionally. Perhaps even more importantly, it's a matter of personal esteem - choosing to be dumpy when fitness is available just seems absolutely shameful.

7+ Year Old Account
    I shower every day, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    32, Yes. How you present yourself is a matter of self respect. Every 5 weeks at least a hair cut, beard trimmed almost daily cause unless your main occupation is being part of a rock/metal band you can't pull off a decent look and you'll just look homeless. Taking care of your skin will also mean you won't look 60 when you're 40, so that's part of at least a weekly routine.

But hey everyone is free to do whatever, some just don't give a fuck i do. However first impressions do matter to a point but beyond that i don't care, however if you stink and look like you crawled out of garbage truck, especially at work, ESPECIALLY at the beginning of the work day. I'll comment on it.
    What kind of stuff do you do for your skin? I use moisturizer every time I shower, is there something else I should be doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What kind of stuff do you do for your skin? I use moisturizer every time I shower, is there something else I should be doing?
    Moisturizing is good, i have a cream that is moisturizer and aftershave in one, on top of that i have a face wash that i use under the shower.
    Anti age is also something you should be looking at from 30 onwards, some moisturisers have that included others don't. That's it really, if you have a beard balm/oil is also something you want for the skin underneath and beard hairs itself.

On top of that i got an eye roller for dark circles when needed. Quite a lot of information online but i would only use what you really -need-, no point in doing daily scrubs, facemasks and god knows what if you have good skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    40 YO, not really, and i don't even shave all days.

When you're good looking, you don't have to; so no. ahuehuehue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.