Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You don't. Big amount comes from assault. You could do quests alongside of it but you might as well grind mobs if you don't like.
    The assault is the quest I'm talking about. I don't even have to try to make an analogy to compare it to quests. It's right there in my quest tracker. It's exactly what I'm describing. "Kill a zillion random world mobs". Then I get a chance at a horrific vision. whoops, I failed 'cause I was trying something different. Let me try that again...oh I can't until I kill another zillion random world mobs.

    No thanks Blizz. I'll play another game where they don't give me chores to do before they'll let me play.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2020-03-17 at 03:58 PM.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    Why not just unlock all rewards from factions for the account? I do not get it. Why should people want to refarm reputations with alts, if they did all those chores on one char for weeks already?

    That is part of the greediness i talked about. Really, it is is enough to farm your ass off with ONE char just to get reputation rewards.

    Keep it smart. Keep it simple. Share reputation rewards on the account. To give alts a catchup mechanism. And to let them focus on getting gear from content people like to play.
    I think because cosmetics are seen as a status symbol and confer no gameplay benefits. I would be happy if I got one rep to exalted and locked an epic belt on all my alts, but had to regrind it to get a fancy blue shimmer effect on my shoulders, for example. I would likely only want that on one character so I would be clever in which characters farmed which rep.
    RETH

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The assault is the quest I'm talking about. I don't even have to try to make an analogy to compare it to quests. It's right there in my quest tracker. It's exactly what I'm describing. "Kill a zillion random world mobs". Then I get a chance at a horrific vision. whoops, I failed 'cause I was trying something different. Let me try that again...oh I can't until I kill another zillion random world mobs.

    No thanks Blizz. I'll play another game where they don't give me chores to do before they'll let me play.
    Kay, so doing the Assault ONCE PER WEEK is too much effort. Geezus. I am not sure what exactly kept you in WoW before, you should go play a game that has zero content after you finish the main quests, like SWTOR or TSWL, so you can just sit in a Hub and "play the game as you want it", which is not at all.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Kay, so doing the Assault ONCE PER WEEK is too much effort. Geezus. I am not sure what exactly kept you in WoW before, you should go play a game that has zero content after you finish the main quests, like SWTOR or TSWL, so you can just sit in a Hub and "play the game as you want it", which is not at all.
    Basically yes. it's not fun to do, and one chance at the Horrific Vision isn't quite compelling enough to make me put my traveling shoes on to head out and waste time killing a zillion blobs first.

    What kept me in WoW previously was running dungeons for meaningful progress (rep/gear/attunments, etc), raiding with friends, and being able to pick up any of 10 alts on the server that were at max level to pug the final raid tier without having to grind the entire assault every week on all of them first so I could level each of their cloaks.

    So basically with all that gone, there's nothing about killing a zillion things to get one shot at an instance that is compelling enough to keep my sub active.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Basically yes. it's not fun to do, and one chance at the Horrific Vision isn't quite compelling enough to make me put my traveling shoes on to head out and waste time killing a zillion blobs first.

    What kept me in WoW previously was running dungeons for meaningful progress (rep/gear/attunments, etc), raiding with friends, and being able to pick up any of 10 alts on the server that were at max level to pug the final raid tier without having to grind the entire assault every week on all of them first so I could level each of their cloaks.

    So basically with all that gone, there's nothing about killing a zillion things to get one shot at an instance that is compelling enough to keep my sub active.
    forget it my dude , there is way too many fanboys in here , that do not understand the difference between normal rpg grind and mindless boring waste your time grind that may or not give you a reward, and if you try to give any construct criticism , you are called a hater/lazy etc

    i still remember to this day people complaining about azerite armor in BFA beta , and people in here saying things like , "stop being a hater , the game still in beta, blizzard will fix it so shut up" , well look what we have now in the and of the expansion
    Last edited by Miross; 2020-03-17 at 05:38 PM.

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    forget it my dude , there is way too many fanboys in here , that do not understand the difference between normal rpg grind and mindless boring waste your time grind that may or not give you a reward, and if you try to give any construct criticism , you are called a hater/lazy etc

    i still remember to this day people complaining about azerite armor in BFA beta , and people in here saying things like , "stop being a hater , the game still in beta, blizzard will fix it so shut up" , well look what we have now in the and of the expansion
    Yes, because "everything is bad and is always bad and Blizzard never listens and Blizzard sucks and also Blizzard sucks Blizzard sucks HEY GUYS BLIZZARD FUCKING SUCKS" is such a completely original and compelling take.

  7. #467
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You mean.. like you had to:
    • run normal dungeons, over and over, until you reached honored with reputations, in TBC, just so you could play the heroic versions of the dungeons in that zone?
    • run Botanica and Mechanar, just so you could run Arcatraz?
    • run long attunement quest chains for all raids in TBC?
    • run a long, long and quest to get the legendary cloak in MoP so you could fight a world boss?
    • etc, etc.

    Don't try to pretend WoW never had to make you work to get stuff done before.

    - - - Updated - - -


    You forget that they, and only they, have direct access to the real-time count of actual subscription numbers. That's how they can keep claiming that WoW "keeps falling".
    Playing the content to unlock more content? What do you think this is, an infinitely-repeatable MMO or something?
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, because "everything is bad and is always bad and Blizzard never listens and Blizzard sucks and also Blizzard sucks Blizzard sucks HEY GUYS BLIZZARD FUCKING SUCKS" is such a completely original and compelling take.
    i like that straw man of yours , and how you are completely distorcing what i said , keep it up buddy

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    i like that straw man of yours , and how you are completely distorcing what i said , keep it up buddy
    Labeling people who dare enjoy the fucking game "fanboys who don't know what a REAL MMO is" is hardly a compelling argument. Sorry I took it to its natural conclusion: Pointless cynicism.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, because "everything is bad and is always bad and Blizzard never listens and Blizzard sucks and also Blizzard sucks Blizzard sucks HEY GUYS BLIZZARD FUCKING SUCKS" is such a completely original and compelling take.
    The funny part was the dude you responded to said, "if you try to give any construct criticism , you are called a hater/lazy etc", then you immediately proved he was right.

    Good team work!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Playing the content to unlock more content? What do you think this is, an infinitely-repeatable MMO or something?
    Yep, then after it's unlocked, play the content you don't like again to re-unlock that content you do want to do...then play the content you don't like again to re-unlock that content you do want to do...then play the content you don't like again to re-unlock that content you do want to do...then play the content you don't like again to re-unlock that content you do want to do...then play the content you don't like again to re-unlock that content you do want to do...

    Sounds like folks are saying you have to be a masochist to play WoW. So yeah, I'm hearing, "this is what an MMORPG is! Life sucks and your game should too!". Go for it. I'll find something else to play.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  11. #471
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,557
    Honestly, they really do need to make this game more alt friendly. Ever since they wanted to start this allied race train back in Legion, they should have had more focus on alts. I only had 6 max level characters back in Legion, but near the end, going into BFA, I leveled a few more due to allied races and now I currently have all classes at max level, making 12 chars. With every character, I expect to have to grind gear and that should be my main source of growth in power. Unfortunately, my alts are gimped due to lacking r3 essences and blizzard answer to making them account-wide is to apply some currency system.

    There's not one single rational argument as to why they couldn't make r3 essences account wide if you already earned them on another character. While I will admit them adding a currency system in place compared to the timegated original methods of obtaining essences is better, it still falls short because you're asking the player to do content they'd already be doing with r3 essences, but with r1/r2 for the time being. The only reason out there as to why they don't make essences account wide with zero conditions is because they want to maintain MAU's and they fear if everyone had access to r3 essences on their alts, people would play less.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The funny part was the dude you responded to said, "if you try to give any construct criticism , you are called a hater/lazy etc", then you immediately proved he was right.

    Good team work!
    You totally suck at reading. LOL

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    There's not one single rational argument as to why they couldn't make r3 essences account wide if you already earned them on another character.
    I think you're confusing the rational with what you are disposed to agree with. The blue post gives the rational reason. You not agreeing with the reason is fine, of course, but it is a rational argument they make.

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The funny part was the dude you responded to said, "if you try to give any construct criticism , you are called a hater/lazy etc", then you immediately proved he was right.

    Good team work!
    Is this where you pretend to be a bastion of objectivity when the dude was obviously completely disinterested in anything other than empty recognition that he was "right" about Azerite gear being dogshit? Okay. Cool: Azerite gear is dogshit AND BLIZZARD SUCKS FOR MAKING IT!!!

    Whoops, ignore that last part. Sorry, I get carried away at this.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Is this where you pretend to be a bastion of objectivity when the dude was obviously completely disinterested in anything other than empty recognition that he was "right" about Azerite gear being dogshit? Okay. Cool: Azerite gear is dogshit AND BLIZZARD SUCKS FOR MAKING IT!!!

    Whoops, ignore that last part. Sorry, I get carried away at this.
    He seemed to make a fairly rational point, and I've seen the same. Try to lay out my constructive criticism logically and reasonably, only to get met with replies out "you are lazy" and "just quit then", etc. So yeah, your response seemed a bit melodramatic to him making that point =) ...and seemed to bolster his point.

    "Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

  15. #475
    I just hope they won't make anything like essences again in Shadowlands. If they do, at least create a faster way for your alts to unlock them.
    It should be bring the player, not the class or toon.

    Basically, I think they should add a achievement based system on how to make it easier to get these "essences" for your alts. Make the requirment to get the achievment to get em to rank 3, and with that achievement, it will decrease the amount of grind you need to do by 50%. You have already gotten the companions in Nazjatar to 3000 rep on your main, so getting to get that over with twice as fast will feel better.

    And with the achievements, if you hit exalted with your main with a faction, allow alts to buy the gear which is usually outdated by the time of the first raid by just having the achievement. If that's not good enough, bring back the Pandaria method of where your rep gains where increased if you already had someone exalted with a faction.

    I just think that your time as a player should be respected more than your time as a toon in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    He seemed to make a fairly rational point, and I've seen the same. Try to lay out my constructive criticism logically and reasonably, only to get met with replies out "you are lazy" and "just quit then", etc. So yeah, your response seemed a bit melodramatic to him making that point =) ...and seemed to bolster his point.
    He threw out the typical fanboy insult to shut down anyone who would disagree with him.

    As I said already, you totally suck at reading.

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    He seemed to make a fairly rational point, and I've seen the same. Try to lay out my constructive criticism logically and reasonably, only to get met with replies out "you are lazy" and "just quit then", etc. So yeah, your response seemed a bit melodramatic to him making that point =) ...and seemed to bolster his point.
    Are we really at a point where somebody who calls anybody with even a smidgen of critical thinking skills a "Blizzard fanboy" is a paragon of rationality? Oy.

  18. #478
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You totally suck at reading. LOL

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think you're confusing the rational with what you are disposed to agree with. The blue post gives the rational reason. You not agreeing with the reason is fine, of course, but it is a rational argument they make.
    Oh, so you think "Thus, every reward that’s account-wide becomes one fewer goal to strive for on alts." is a rational argument? That's their "excuse" for why it's not account wide with zero conditions. Please, they just want more people to play. Honestly, how would it hurt the game or any experience for you if others had access to r3 essences assuming they collected them on another character? If anything the average player would play better because they're not stuck using default r1 essences unlocked through the questline.

    So yes, there isn't one single rational argument given as to why r3 essences aren't account wide with zero restrictions. They even contradict themselves with "While we still firmly believe that each character should have a progression arc of power gains, the player behind those characters understandably may not want to repeat the exact same arc multiple times when they feel they have exhausted the variety or rewards an activity might hold." So technically the only thing they justified was that they refuse to give players account wide r3 essences without forcing the player to grind in some way. "Oh you want your r3 essences? What do you do in the game? Dungeons? Raids? WQ? Assaults? Ok, well how about you just play our game and we'll just eventually give you your r3 essences." It's absolutely pathetic behavior. We're talking about some bogus system that was only implemented to bail out their other failed azerite system.

    Again this is better than what it was before, but if they were going to listen to the playerbase, then actually listen to them, don't try to weasel your own terms into it and say "Well why aren't you happy, we gave you what you want" when reality is they barely met half-way.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    .. if you want to keep me as a player:

    1.) Make Shadowlands alt friendly
    2.) Do not hide Thorgast behind a grind
    3.) Make reputations account based
    4.) Add a ton of content instead of a a ton of time gates or effort gates
    5.) Make LFR bearable, and not a wipe party
    6.) Add back PVP vendors instead of bar filling games
    7.) Remove Azerite Power / Anima Power / Artefact power / whatever power and do not replace it by a new label
    8.) Remove Titanforging / Corruption / <new name for Shadowlands> and do not replace it by a new label
    9.) Make pvp fair again
    10.) Make my playtime worthwile, give me an ongoing character progression from accessible solo or group content

    and

    11.) Be less greedy, Ion, listen? LESS greedy. Let me play what i want to play, and do not try to force me into your wet dream of gameplay. I will NEVER join a premade group for raids or dungeons.

    But as i know that you, Ion, would rather troll your customers than to listen to their feedback, it is very likely i will not going to play Shadowlands. As i know you and your alikes reactions to feedback already. You know, people asking you to remove Titanforging, and you adding Corruption. Or people telling you they like flying and you removing it. All those little meanies you thought would be funny.
    1) I completely agree. BFA has been the worst xpac for alts.
    2) Probably going to happen, dont get your hopes up.
    3) Should've been done a long time ago.
    4) Blizzard's been good with adding content since Legion. Gotta be fair.
    5) ???
    6) Blizzard knows this, they're not going to do it.
    7) Not going to happen.
    8) I'm up for something innovative, but we are not going to see innovation.
    9) When was it ever fair in the 1st place?
    10) Good bet it will happen.
    11) Ion isn't the greedy one, Activision is.

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    He seemed to make a fairly rational point, and I've seen the same. Try to lay out my constructive criticism logically and reasonably, only to get met with replies out "you are lazy" and "just quit then", etc. So yeah, your response seemed a bit melodramatic to him making that point =) ...and seemed to bolster his point.
    You're wasting your breath with these guys. If anyone can't see how different having to farm daily assaults 3x per week just to do the visions just to do the content that you want (visions) vs a one time attunement.. then they will never get it.

    However here is where I do disagree with you (or whoever originally said it), this has happened before, just last expansion.

    Nethershards and Mage Tower was quite the same

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •