Question Protocol for forming/running "less ambitious" PUG visions?

I don't do mythic+, in part because it seems like an unapproachable mess of "don't waste my time/key/whatever" that people are wont to take very (too) seriously for those and other reasons. I'm totally fine with people that like that doing their M+ on their own with whoever they like, it's just not for me.

But visions... I have a goal in them, and while it's not as lofty as gear drops (it's the enchant illusion from Valeera) it would still go faster if I were to open my run to bringing others. And, you know, I might help others!

I've done my runs solo so far, as an affliction warlock. I started late, and I'm now at the point where I'm regularly getting to finish dwarven district then old town, which is generally where I'd draw the line, but I still have some close calls that I'd like to just eliminate. I'd like to farm this content until I get the drop, you see. Then I'm done with BFA basically. Not touching any masks or making things harder than they need to be, I just want easy guaranteed runs through old town, get the chest, check it for the drop, and move on.

So I understand that I'd probably have to go further than the two zones if I opened my run to other people, which is fine. I'll happily go as far as the run can go, but what should I expect? What I'm wondering is what general understandings about PUG visions have permeated the game? As I said, I started late, and I have no idea what the communal "social mores" are regarding PUG visions? Is it as simple as PUG islands? It has to be more than that since you're burning resources to run. can I dictate that we go from dwarven district to old town then wherever? Is that asking too much? What do I need to know a) to even run group visions (like are there additional mechanics involved with bringing a group?) and b) to PUG visions with total strangers in the community right now?

*DO* people PUG visions with strangers? Is it chill or super serious? Am I better off just waiting until I can solo farm Valeera/OldTown? Does one reach that point easily/inevitably?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-03-16 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don't do mythic+, in part because it seems like an unapproachable mess of "don't waste my time/key/whatever" that people are wont to take very (too) seriously for those and other reasons. I'm totally fine with people that like that doing their M+ on their own with whoever they like, it's just not for me.

But visions... I have a goal in them, and while it's not as lofty as gear drops (it's the enchant illusion from Valeera) it would still go faster if I were to open my run to bringing others. And, you know, I might help others!

I've done my runs solo so far, as an affliction warlock. I started late, and I'm now at the point where I'm regularly getting to finish dwarven district then old town, which is generally where I'd draw the line, but I still have some close calls that I'd like to just eliminate. I'd like to farm this content until I get the drop, you see. Then I'm done with BFA basically. Not touching any masks or making things harder than they need to be, I just want easy guaranteed runs through old town, get the chest, check it for the drop, and move on.

So I understand that I'd probably have to go further than the two zones if I opened my run to other people, which is fine. I'll happily go as far as the run can go, but what should I expect? What I'm wondering is what general understandings about PUG visions have permeated the game? As I said, I started late, and I have no idea what the communal "social mores" are regarding PUG visions? Is it as simple as PUG islands? It has to be more than that since you're burning resources to run. can I dictate that we go from dwarven district to old town then wherever? Is that asking too much? What do I need to know a) to even run group visions (like are there additional mechanics involved with bringing a group?) and b) to PUG visions with total strangers in the community right now?

*DO* people PUG visions with strangers? Is it chill or super serious? Am I better off just waiting until I can solo farm Valeera/OldTown? Does one reach that point easily/inevitably?

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful replies!
    well i assume you could always utilize the community tool - make a community for people who have similiar goals like you aka to just do bare minimum and then do runs with them. advertise it on forums .

im sure there is a lot of people like that out there.

but then you shouldnt expect 370 itlv people to join and carry those groups. but rather 340-350 with low-end skills who just do WQ and decided to push cloak a bit.

from what i noticed yesterday when trying it a bit there is a difference like night and day between classes which can push relatively easy like DH and hunter and for example mage. and i do think that blizzard fucked up prices a bit - imo price for going solo should be much lower then price for 5 maning it.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-03-16 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

from what i noticed yesterday when trying it a bit there is a difference like night and day between classes which can push relatively easy like DH and hunter and for example mage.
    I think the idea of “ease of soloing parity” is a lost cause in WoW. It really shouldn’t be, it’s rather irresponsible and unfair to the mage/shaman/priest mains of the world if the game is wisely going toward developing more soloable/class agnostic content, but one of the reasons I stick to tanks and pet classes is because I don’t expect them to ever address this issue.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-03-16 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I think the idea of “ease of soloing parity” is a lost cause in WoW. It really shouldn’t be, it’s rather irresponsible and unfair to the mage/shaman/priest mains of the world if the game is wisely going toward developing more soloable/class agnostic content, but one of the reasons I stick to tanks and pet classes is because I don’t expect them to ever address this issue.
    hm shouldnt enhancemnt shaman be good for solowing those ? big burst + stuning totem , short interupt + hex etc and self heals ? dunno havent tried it yet on shammy ..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    hm shouldnt enhancemnt shaman be good for solowing those ? big burst + stuning totem , short interupt + hex etc and self heals ? dunno havent tried it yet on shammy ..
    Ehh, they’re melee DPS, having to deal with “boss monsters” that generally don’t go down in the opening burst on a still-gearing character. Yes, a well geared, well played melee DPS can certainly get the job done, and players should always play the class they want to, but the same gearing effort and skill used on a pet class or tank is running circles around the others for solo capability, especially when you factor in the “boss” encounters designed to live for a while before dying.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-03-16 at 01:41 PM.

Valuable information. Thanks for sharing such a useful post