Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Best gear should not be locked behind mythic raids! I hate raids and best gear is there! All I want to do is pet battles! Give me 485 weapons from legendary pet battles!
    Might give some reading lessons too, since you are too dumb to do it yourself.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh people used to get talents while levelling, but instead of that they moved half of that to max level grinds. In consequence, while levelling, people feel they're getting fuck all improvement to their character.
    Why you think of essences like talents and not like gear? Becouse Blizzard clearly stated that essences are in same cathegory as trinkets(gear). Yes you can put it on your bar but in the end it does nothing but increases your power just like any piace of gear. They have no impact on your class at all. They have impact only on your damage so they can be put as reward in w/e content Blizz wants. People are just way too stupid too realize that Blizz use ap/artifacts or essences as new additional gear progression becouse old gear progression with just gear is way yoo fast and way to acessible to keep players playing dor more than couple of weeks.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Laysson View Post
    Might give some reading lessons too, since you are too dumb to do it yourself.
    Not at all. OP want's abilities not to be locked, I want gear not to be locked, there will be someone who will claim that appearance should not be locked behind Gladiator/Mythic raider status.. I made the point which is similar to what OP stated. Obviously you are too dumb to comprehend, sadly.
    OP is in the wrong game/genre, because abilities were locked behind something since the start of vanilla and that is by far not the only game like that. Whole activities are locked behind hundreds of hours of questing in game like Runescape.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Not at all. OP want's abilities not to be locked, I want gear not to be locked, there will be someone who will claim that appearance should not be locked behind Gladiator/Mythic raider status.. I made the point which is similar to what OP stated. Obviously you are too dumb to comprehend, sadly.
    OP is in the wrong game/genre, because abilities were locked behind something since the start of vanilla and that is by far not the only game like that. Whole activities are locked behind hundreds of hours of questing in game like Runescape.
    comparing gear to abilities, told you you are too dumb, now you just need to accept it.

    ps : no need to answer.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Not at all. OP want's abilities not to be locked, I want gear not to be locked, there will be someone who will claim that appearance should not be locked behind Gladiator/Mythic raider status.. I made the point which is similar to what OP stated. Obviously you are too dumb to comprehend, sadly.
    OP is in the wrong game/genre, because abilities were locked behind something since the start of vanilla and that is by far not the only game like that. Whole activities are locked behind hundreds of hours of questing in game like Runescape.
    While your not wrong I thought the game moved away from locked abilities that increased damage in vanilla and abandoned them completely after tbc.

    I can't really understand people who enjoy time gates and trivial content but I doubt they get why I push mythic and glad either.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Laysson View Post
    comparing gear to abilities, told you you are too dumb, now you just need to accept it.

    ps : no need to answer.
    How are essences different from active items like trinkets/azerite pieces or raid specific corruption items? In the end it's only a power mod. I might have been a bit edgy on my reply to OP, but you are an ass man.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    While your not wrong I thought the game moved away from locked abilities that increased damage in vanilla and abandoned them completely after tbc.

    I can't really understand people who enjoy time gates and trivial content but I doubt they get why I push mythic and glad either.
    That's my point kind of. What is the "content worth doing"? Sometimes we have to suck it up and do those dailies or run those bgs. It's not like they did not give any essences to equip so you 100% lost if you didn't do some specific content. You just had to grind to get the best ones for the class, otherwise, you can stick with default one. Kind of like sticking with low level crafted trinket if you don't do raiding and don't get quest items to upgrade the recipes.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Sorry, but comparing the raiding experience just on bosses between BC and WoD is like comparing camping in your backyard to camping out in the forest. Yes, technically you got the core of the issue by setting up a tent in your backyard, but there is a *lot* more to experience than just setting up the tent.
    So why are you quoting me then? That's kinda my point, I was pointing out how flawed @BeepBoo's argument was, by applying a different metric just as arbitrary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Why you think of essences like talents and not like gear? Becouse Blizzard clearly stated that essences are in same cathegory as trinkets(gear). Yes you can put it on your bar but in the end it does nothing but increases your power just like any piace of gear.
    Also, Essences will definitely go away when 9.0 hits, and people will complain about that, just liked they did with Artifact Weaponss and the abilities/effects they brought, even though it was quite obvious from the very start of Legion. People that can't see that remind me of Disco Stu.

    It's progression that's limited to the current expansion, and that will go away when the next expansion comes around. Some bits may be made baseline, but there's no guarantee for that.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    How are essences different from active items like trinkets/azerite pieces or raid specific corruption items? In the end it's only a power mod. I might have been a bit edgy on my reply to OP, but you are an ass man.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's my point kind of. What is the "content worth doing"? Sometimes we have to suck it up and do those dailies or run those bgs. It's not like they did not give any essences to equip so you 100% lost if you didn't do some specific content. You just had to grind to get the best ones for the class, otherwise, you can stick with default one. Kind of like sticking with low level crafted trinket if you don't do raiding and don't get quest items to upgrade the recipes.
    No it's still terrible and moronic design. No game should be based around " be bored for x time"

    To be frank things should be based on difficulty. You kill a mythic boss? One million ap and one essence.

    These " you have to invest time players " are a blight. Just be good. Like how it was from classic to wod .

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So why are you quoting me then? That's kinda my point, I was pointing out how flawed @BeepBoo's argument was, by applying a different metric just as arbitrary.



    Also, Essences will definitely go away when 9.0 hits, and people will complain about that, just liked they did with Artifact Weaponss and the abilities/effects they brought, even though it was quite obvious from the very start of Legion. People that can't see that remind me of Disco Stu.

    It's progression that's limited to the current expansion, and that will go away when the next expansion comes around. Some bits may be made baseline, but there's no guarantee for that.
    i kinda do think that it would be really good for game is they kept neck and essences in game for 9.0

    yes it would be radical . but it would be fun.

    sadly because it would be fun and would mean actually meaningfull progression it will never happen

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Best gear should not be locked behind mythic raids! I hate raids and best gear is there! All I want to do is pet battles! Give me 485 weapons from legendary pet battles!
    Dats actually not a bad idea for variety of content having bis.
    Like you get bis pants from pet battles (other contents offer like a bit worse version, viable).
    Bis hands from pvp
    bis belt and wrist from dungeons
    etc.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dats actually not a bad idea for variety of content having bis.
    Like you get bis pants from pet battles (other contents offer like a bit worse version, viable).
    Bis hands from pvp
    bis belt and wrist from dungeons
    etc.
    No it's not a bad idea it's quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard with regards to wow.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    three raids is not enough to fill the amount of time the xpac existed...


    TIL straight facts regarding the numbers of each type of content is bias.


    Fact of the matter is WOD had way less content than previous xpacs while lasting longer.
    I call your chart biased because it counts things like redesigning the capitol cities to make Cataclysm look fuller while cutting things like challenge mode for MoP, mythic dungeons and updated models for WoD to make them look smaller. Either the person who made that chart didn't even stop to think about all the things each expansion had or, as I said, he was completely biased and deliberately left stuff out. Also to point out that Wrath, Cata, and MoP had longer last tier droughts than WoD, and the patches they came out in didn't add an entirely new zone.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

  13. #93
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Why you think of essences like talents and not like gear? Becouse Blizzard clearly stated that essences are in same cathegory as trinkets(gear). Yes you can put it on your bar but in the end it does nothing but increases your power just like any piace of gear. They have no impact on your class at all. They have impact only on your damage so they can be put as reward in w/e content Blizz wants. People are just way too stupid too realize that Blizz use ap/artifacts or essences as new additional gear progression becouse old gear progression with just gear is way yoo fast and way to acessible to keep players playing dor more than couple of weeks.
    This is exactly what it is. Blizzard fears people will gear up too quickly and then burn out. Personally I have every class at max level and would just hop to the next alt once I get 460+ ilvl, but playing gimped alts with r1 essences isn't amusing. I was so eager to logon tuesday and play my alts, but all that excitement came crashing down once I realized how much grinding it would take to get 3 r3 essences on my 8 alts that don't their r3 essences. It's a sleazy move that just proves blizzard doesn't think WoW is a quality game and fear people will get bored of it quicker if there aren't tedious grinds in place. I mean, you literally just get r3 essences now by playing the game. So then it leads me to think, why not just make them account-wide with zero restrictions? Pretty much, I'm expected to play my alts with one class behind their back, not enjoying the fact that I'm rocking basic r1 essences, and then about a month later play my alt with all r3 essences. The issue is that I'm never just playing one alt at a time, so the rate at which it would take me to get atleast 3 r3 essences on my 8 remaining alts is too daunting. Then we have to consider how long until shadowlands is out and the fact that this whole essence system is going byebye with the azerite traits. So why not give me access to something I've already unlocked multiple? That way I can spend the remaining 6-9 months of BFA playing my alts with their full toolkits before both systems fade away in shadowlands.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dats actually not a bad idea for variety of content having bis.
    Like you get bis pants from pet battles (other contents offer like a bit worse version, viable).
    Bis hands from pvp
    bis belt and wrist from dungeons
    etc.
    Pet battle has no place in end game. That shit should be pushed way off to the side and used as a side feature for those that like it. Nothing annoys me more than at the beginning of a content patch/expansion when I'm trying to keep up w/ the rep grind and the last WQ available is a pet battle quest. That shit needs to get pushed away.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  14. #94
    Well, I only enjoy farming olds raids for mounts and xmogs so maybe they can work that in.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No it's not a bad idea it's quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard with regards to wow.
    Nah its not, its a good way for blizzard to get rid of needing for bis.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    That's the problem, why should I do content I don't like, even just once, for a core ability ?
    you dont, essences arent core abilities they are TEMPORARY.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah its not, its a good way for blizzard to get rid of needing for bis.
    No it's an incredibly stupid way to fix a nonexistent problem. You don't need bis gear for world questing or pet battles. Now unique xmogs based around pet battling are something they could do more of.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    you dont, essences arent core abilities they are TEMPORARY.
    They currently are core abilities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Why you think of essences like talents and not like gear? Becouse Blizzard clearly stated that essences are in same cathegory as trinkets(gear). Yes you can put it on your bar but in the end it does nothing but increases your power just like any piace of gear. They have no impact on your class at all. They have impact only on your damage so they can be put as reward in w/e content Blizz wants. People are just way too stupid too realize that Blizz use ap/artifacts or essences as new additional gear progression becouse old gear progression with just gear is way yoo fast and way to acessible to keep players playing dor more than couple of weeks.
    Yup essences like VoP have no impact on your playstyle and don't enable entirely different builds nope not at all /s

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No it's an incredibly stupid way to fix a nonexistent problem. You don't need bis gear for world questing or pet battles. Now unique xmogs based around pet battling are something they could do more of.
    That is exactly the problem you displayed right here, elitism, entitlement and gatekeeping.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah its not, its a good way for blizzard to get rid of needing for bis.
    Can't we just get rid of people who weirdly want to have influence and act as gate keepers to content they don't do?

    Why should you need anything but raid gear to raid? I don't get how frustrating people makes the game better. Won't people just quit in mass till it gets so bad the the orginal version of the game rivials or possibly superceded the modern version ?

    Why does content unrelated to other content need to gate keep that content?

    Would you support the reverse let's say to get pathfinder you need either a gladiator mount or at least one mythic raid mount from the expansion to fly?

    It makes as much sense as randomly locking talents behind random content. Who knows maybe it's the push you need to get into mythic raiding.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Can't we just get rid of people who weirdly want to have influence and act as gate keepers to content they don't do?

    Why should you need anything but raid gear to raid? I don't get how frustrating people makes the game better. Won't people just quit in mass till it gets so bad the the orginal version of the game rivials or possibly superceded the modern version ?

    Why does content unrelated to other content need to gate keep that content?

    Would you support the reverse let's say to get pathfinder you need either a gladiator mount or at least one mythic raid mount from the expansion to fly?

    It makes as much sense as randomly locking talents behind random content. Who knows maybe it's the push you need to get into mythic raiding.
    As long as gear is skill gated such people will exist.

    The point is exactly the opposite, make gear way easier to acquire in terms of skill. Because lets be honest, having couple of battle pets and using ready tactics is not skill gate, its just effort gate to get those pets, level them up etc.

    And who said anything about gladiator? I had something completely different in mind - for example playing XX random bgs.

    Long story short - shift gear acquisition from rng/skill way more towards the effort.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •