Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Classic theorycrafting?

Is there any good websites for theorycrafting/simming for wow classic? There are a ton of bis lists but alot of them are old and based on private servers that has values wrong.

For example, I play hunter and I read that t2 is bis but some people are saying t2 is worse than t1 because the t2 8-set bonus have so low proc rate. I haven't found any data to back it up except a reddit post.

I mostly use wowhead and icy-veins to look up rotations and bis lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    Is there any good websites for theorycrafting/simming for wow classic? There are a ton of bis lists but alot of them are old and based on private servers that has values wrong.

For example, I play hunter and I read that t2 is bis but some people are saying t2 is worse than t1 because the t2 8-set bonus have so low proc rate. I haven't found any data to back it up except a reddit post.

Go to classic warcraft logs and see what gear the hunters from the top guilds/top parses are using in raids.

You can even see their rotation in boss logs.

I wouldn't trust icy veins with classic stuff and it's just a fact that top guilds come from pservers so I would just stop discarding their theorycrafting if you're serious about your performance.

No one does vanilla theorycrafting because all theory was already crafted long time ago.

Anyway, here is your "official" BiS list
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post51189005

Join the classic hunter discord https://discord.gg/8TVHxRr it has the best / most recent resources on official classic hunter out there. Read the FAQ first and then if you have questions feel free to ask.

There even is a spreadsheet to sim your character / gear. Pretty nice theorycrafting work done by WatchyourSixx.

T2 even without the procc is better for singletarget (very small amount tho) so if you are allowed a debuff slot go for it (depends on guild). Cleave fights t1 beats it.

If you use private server resources for classic hunter you are reducing your dmg as they dont tell you about the classic specific hunter issues that can be fixed by using certain macros btw.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2020-03-16 at 12:13 PM.

P server lists are generally better than the crap you will find made for retail

Adjust for known differences between servers

Never seen a pre bis list for my own class that was even close to correct produced by anyone for classic

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    P server lists are generally better than the crap you will find made for retail

Adjust for known differences between servers

Never seen a pre bis list for my own class that was even close to correct produced by anyone for classic
    How do you know they are better? I see alot of people claiming this and that is better but never any data to back it up.

How do you know they are better? I see alot of people claiming this and that is better but never any data to back it up.
    https://gist.github.com/skinnay-dev/...42f7e0e0d97bca

This is for alliance hunters, some differences if you play horde but this is much more deeper than any pserver / fansite "bis" lists you can find.

Also seperates the sets in "true bis" and "realistic" which is kinda nice since you most likely never get certain items like DFT which are technically "BIS".

Basically any pre bis list should provide stat weights and use them to justify their choices.

Most don't even get that far, they aren't aware of many of the random rolls like "of healing" gear as an obvious example. Always have the stat weights wrong, or the available relevant gear wrong.

Almost always a joke

Healers stat weights are very simple, dps/tank more complex cuz you get into hit/what's available to you. BUt still pretty simple if they didn't explain why they're giving this or that stat a better weight. Probably useless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    https://gist.github.com/skinnay-dev/...42f7e0e0d97bca

This is for alliance hunters, some differences if you play horde but this is much more deeper than any pserver / fansite "bis" lists you can find.

Also seperates the sets in "true bis" and "realistic" which is kinda nice since you most likely never get certain items like DFT which are technically "BIS".
    no stat weights or discussion of stats

that is a guide for plebs

If there is no discussion of stat weights, it's useless. That's what the debate really is. Not about this or that specific piece.

WHy you think this pleb's guide matters i have no idea. He may be right, but that is a terrible guide you should not trust. lol

Why anyone is trusting NA classic players for anything is beyond me...Who is skinnay? lol

Why anyone is trusting NA classic players for anything is beyond me...Who is skinnay? lol
    All hail our genetically superior EU Classic gamers! Really? Nationalism in a theorycrafting thread? Is there no safe space anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    All hail our genetically superior EU Classic gamers! Really? Nationalism in a theorycrafting thread? Is there no safe space anymore?
    Brah i'm an American nationalist

American troops are the only thing preventing Europeans from going back to slitting eachotehrs throats over petty land disputes

But the reality is, their MMO players are better htan ours. Just like actors coming from other anglo states, MMO's have a stigma in the states they do not have in scandanvia. Which is why they are so much better than us

MMOs are teh drama club of gaming in the states. We don't send our best and brightest

Basically any pre bis list should provide stat weights and use them to justify their choices.

Most don't even get that far, they aren't aware of many of the random rolls like "of healing" gear as an obvious example. Always have the stat weights wrong, or the available relevant gear wrong.

Almost always a joke

Healers stat weights are very simple, dps/tank more complex cuz you get into hit/what's available to you. BUt still pretty simple if they didn't explain why they're giving this or that stat a better weight. Probably useless

- - - Updated - - -

no stat weights or discussion of stats

that is a guide for plebs

If there is no discussion of stat weights, it's useless. That's what the debate really is. Not about this or that specific piece.

WHy you think this pleb's guide matters i have no idea. He may be right, but that is a terrible guide you should not trust. lol

This is based on the hunter theorycrafting spreadsheet. Its not a guide. It only shows you the results of different gear setups after they were put into the sim sheet. You obviously can do the simming yourself too as a european and see if you get different results than the NA dude. (I'm EU - german btw so I'm even better just than EU /s )

Its a much better format than your casual private server "bis lists" that includes DFT and every other highly unrealistic items and expect it as standard. Bro just dont talk to me if you cant even read what the link was.

OP got the best answer already: always go directly to the top theorycrafters of a class (mostly discords like for example "Fight Club" for warrios) people on MMO Champion in general are retarded and cant read.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2020-03-16 at 06:51 PM.

IDK what pre bis lists you're looking at bud

but none of the ones competent players use discuss anything without stat weights

the proof is the total domination of these servers by those same players...lol

Like i said a list like this is basically useless. You'd want a list of all relevant possible gear and then make your choices from there with stat weights. That's how competent players gear themselves

Not look at some list some pleb made and call it a day

but none of the ones competent players use discuss anything without stat weights

Like i said a list like this is basically useless. You'd want a list of all relevant possible gear and then make your choices from there with stat weights. That's how competent players gear themselves

If you dont understand what the sim sheet does I cant help you. Follow your fixed stat weights LOL. Pleb. HAHAHAH

If you dont understand what the sim sheet does I cant help you. Follow your fixed stat weights LOL. Pleb. HAHAHAH
    Sims are for people who have no idea what is going on, lol

Not relevant to classic

I told u what a real bis sheet looks like

Sims for 15 year old content with basic move sets...OKKKKKK. How is that working out for them? lol

T2 is only worse than T1 for hunter if you dont have the full bonus. Anything less than full set and it's better to have T1. Basically whichever set you have more of is what you should slot.

Not relevant to classic
    You can try to optimize your gear using math or you can just blindy follow your feelings (or static "statweights" that you pulled out of your ass and that dont change depending on your gear.. SMH). I prefer to actually know more about whats going on . Keep using your private server shit that hasnt aged very well tho, I will always be ahead of you this way, thanks!

I'm done with this thread. OP got help, thanks for reading.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2020-03-16 at 07:16 PM.

Not relevant to classic

I told u what a real bis sheet looks like

Sims for 15 year old content with basic move sets...OKKKKKK. How is that working out for them? lol
    You do know that stat weights are dynamic right? That stat weights shift depending on what other gear you have?

How do you even obtain stat weights without sims/spreadsheets? How do you account for set bonuses, procs?

The only correct way to evaluate gear is to sim it. And to understand the limitations of the sim you're using.

Not quite a sim tool, but I built a calculator for quick comparison https://huntercalculator.firebaseapp.com/
    https://huntercalculator.firebaseapp.com/ classic hunter damage calculator

Join the classic hunter discord https://discord.gg/8TVHxRr it has the best / most recent resources on official classic hunter out there. Read the FAQ first and then if you have questions feel free to ask.

T2 even without the procc is better for singletarget (very small amount tho) so if you are allowed a debuff slot go for it (depends on guild). Cleave fights t1 beats it.
    This is the correct answer. Also the value of T2 increases with the number of hunters using it. It is a debuff and all hunters share the increase. The real issue is having an available debuff slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Which is literally what a sim sheet does for you. You put in the different variables (gear pieces) and simulate a fight with it.

Honestly not sure if just stupid, or trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore