Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs down no new class in shadowlands

Have they given any explanation? I'm still waiting for it, there are still many hero classes to implement in the game, and we are going very badly, they only do filler expansions such as wod or bfa, and now, shadowlands. And it seems that now the damn comes diablo3 fashion, all kinds of wings, and various transmogs ... vomiting ... this does not look good ...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there's no new class.

Now go buy it like you did with WoD and BfA.

be a good consoomer slave and buy the product.

Thankfully no, there isn't.

We don't need a new class every other expansion, there's plenty of classes already and adding more is just going to further break balance and make the game more cumbersome.

I'd much rather them tweak current classes and give each spec more of an identity than add more classes to the game, they're completely unnecessary.

People are still playing the original classes so not sure why it's doomed if we don't get a new class.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

We don't need a new class every other expansion, there's plenty of classes already and adding more is just going to further break balance and make the game more cumbersome.

I'd much rather them tweak current classes and give each spec more of an identity than add more classes to the game, they're completely unnecessary.
    Fuck balance, give me something new I can play with. I don't give a rats ass if a frost mage can potentially do 5% more damage than me.
    Mother pus bucket!

The same bullshit we get every time, there has never been balance in this game and never will, when will sheep like you realize this ?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Fuck balance, give me something new I can play with. I don't give a rats ass if a frost mage can potentially do 5% more damage than me.
    Okay then play Path of Exiles where you can make a thousand different builds and they're all different and unique.

WoW isn't like that, the game will always need to be balanced because otherwise it isn't fun for the vast majority of players. Adding new classes is entirely unnecessary and I truly hope they only add one new class every 5 or so expansions from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    The same bullshit we get every time, there has never been balance in this game and never will, when will sheep like you realize this ?
    Oh you're one of those "The game is never balanced herr derr" people... No idea what to even say to you other than you're wrong so you'll need to try harder I guess?

Listen OP, we actually need more wings in the game. Literally the only decent-looking wings as far as I'm concerned are the Ren'dorei heritage's ones.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

If they release a new class, they want it to be in flavor of the expansion.

Wrath of the lich king? Death knights.
    Mists of Pandaria? Monks.
    Legion? Demon Hunters.

With the theme of the expansion being the somewhat 'afterlife', they could've done something like an angel (priest/paladin) or necromancer (death knight), but it would feel somewhat "forced" for the sake of keeping a pattern going instead of convenient to the story in a way that just makes absolute sense.

I think they have class ideas on the back burner, but want to introduce them at the right expansion, not just nilly willy.

Also 4th specs for all classes would be very intriguing to bring people back to the game for an expansion, so they probably have some ideas in their back pocket for that. There's probably been 50 threads on that idea, too.
    Last edited by NMX-; 2020-03-16 at 12:27 PM.

I like how people act that a new class would just break balance while both WotLK, MoP and to some extend Legion added both a new class AND made class designs a lot better than previous expansion that didn’t add a new class. Apparently standards have been dropped so low that we don’t have to expect Blizzard to do well with both. And its not like the game has been balanced anyway, its a lot more fun to just get new classes which adds to a whole new experience for a lot of people. I’d vastly prefer a new class over most other content.

If everyone thought like you, the game would be a bore of 4 classes ... in view is that if new classes are necessary, look at all the joy that the demon hunter has brought ..

It is not that I despise the idea of adding new specs to existing classes, but I think that some would be better to change them, such as, warrior tank to warrior KNIGHT.o, warrior fury to barb, adding special features, such as horse combat for the warrior, and special weapons for the barbarian ...

of course some classes need 1 more spec, like DH (ranged with bow), DK (ranged necromancer) ....

But always a new hero class brings a lot of life to the game, but no, a filler expansion like wod, bfa or shadowlands. That doesn't add anything to the game, that's just an excuse for us to pay.

There also aren't new races. What we will get are patch tier effort new customization options. Pretty much lol situation. Don't worry people will buy it and love for the first month because such is a charm of hype and freshness. Desperation for new content is thicker than whale's dick.

Mark my words, Shadowlands will be shit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a class will come from the story line transition from Shadowlands to next expension.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    But always a new hero class brings a lot of life to the game, but no, a filler expansion like wod, bfa or shadowlands. That doesn't add anything to the game, that's just an excuse for us to pay.
    ?

It adds new raids, new dungeons, new zones, new skills, new mechanics, as well as new end game things such as Torghast and the Covenents.

If you think the only thing in the game is classes I really don't know what to say, that's just silly. I don't even want new specs, I just want them to refine the current specs. There's literally no need for them to add a million more things to the game, just fix and improve what they have and it'll be infinitely more fun than yet another completely broken class like DH.

New classes suck.

Revamp existing classes to feel better to play. New classes take up design space that can go into existing classes to make them cooler.

Thank God there's no new class in SL.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    If everyone thought like you, the game would be a bore of 4 classes ... in view is that if new classes are necessary, look at all the joy that the demon hunter has brought ..

It is not that I despise the idea of adding new specs to existing classes, but I think that some would be better to change them, such as, warrior tank to warrior KNIGHT.o, warrior fury to barb, adding special features, such as horse combat for the warrior, and special weapons for the barbarian ...

of course some classes need 1 more spec, like DH (ranged with bow), DK (ranged necromancer) ....

we don't need a new class though. we have enough, we even have enough races now so you can have 1 per class. plus, what new class would fit in shadowlands? the only one is really Necromancer which is basically a DK combined with a Warlock - so the end result of a new class would be the stripping down of 6 others; no thanks. future expansions might have one but they have to fit the theme of the expansion; look at the previous ones - DK in Wrath, Monk in MoP and DH in Legion

I'd rather they add new specs than new classes. I've invested a lot of time into my main and my favorite alts. I don't want to dump them for some new shiny, probably-OP class.

New specs:
    Druid: Ancients - ranged dps with more of a focus on nature and summoning minions (wisps, treants, animals, etc)
    Demon Hunter: Chaos - ranged dps throws fel lances and can choose to put a boon on allies or a bane on enemies
    DK: Reanimation - melee healer that uses runes and runic power instead of mana to heal
    Mage: Chronomancy - healer using control of time
    Hunter: Warden - tank focused on evading attacks and crowd control
    Shaman: Earthcaller - tank using earth magic, high armor and permanent earth shield
    Monk: Chibinder - ranged dps using chi
    Paladin: Wrath - ranged caster dps using holy magic
    Rogue: Stalker - ranged dps using guns/bows with combo point system
    Priest: Cleric - melee dps, gains significant armor from inner fire and attacks add holy damage
    Warlock: Hexblade - melee dps, no pet, conjures weapons that ignore armor
    Warrior: Gladiator - sword and board dps, bulky dps
    Last edited by dreamdaddy; 2020-03-16 at 08:41 PM.

And that's a good thing.

Because they have enough difficulty balancing the ones they have.