Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Frankly, I'd be content with more class/spec tuning (unpruning, rethinking certain specs and tinkering their mechanics) and another row of talents for each spec.

OP is the same one who was saying that:

Hero classes are confirmed, warrior would be a Knight
    "Demon Hunters should 100% get a bow spec jajajaja ^.^" (sadly it hurts to quote this)

so yea, you can understand where this is coming from, it's called wishful thinking, not based in any realistic sense of the game.

Balancing is not important to me - just give me something new to play with.

See in M+ for example, the highest DPS doesnt always get chosen.
    Warlocks are gods in Mythic raids, but trash in high keys - And that is fine.

Every patch, there's a new FOTM, thats how it is supposed to be imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    What are Zandalari and Kul Tiran reusing?

And my point is that even if they are cheap reskins with no new animations, we get so many of them with new customisation options that it equates to a new race. That many new racials, hair styles, face styles etc. Yeah, they are cheap to make which is their benefit - we get way more.
    Animations. Also Zandalari is a modified Nelf.

But that's not a new race level content. And now in SL we won't even get those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really need 2 threads about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only new class they could have added to fit this expansion is Necromancer. However, Death Knights are already the Necromancer class (they are the hero Necromancer unit from WC3), so there was no need.

Hopefully we get a new class next expansion, and hopefully it's the Tinker class.

allied races getting dk option is why there is no new class.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Some people just enjoy new classes. I enjoyed monks at first. Love my dh. Was a dk from wrath until the start of bfa.

I enjoy melee so I've been spoiled by new classes. Caster/ranged players haven't gotten anything new since tbc made shadow, boomkin and ele viable

That's a good thing actually. No new means to mess up class balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    doubtful.as that doesnt take much effort,my guess is its the extra time spent on revamping leveling,skils and current classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure new classes are fun...

But I really don't want to compete with more specs for Mythic+. My shaman has hard enough time as it is (or had, didn't like what WoW had become). And I solely blame that fucking RaiderIo for it, for instilling the idea that only very few specs are worth anything, while the rest are pure garbage that might as well as reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    As if they had at least new customisation options like on base races. Was it so hard to design and make zombie Kul Tiran?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I was disappointed that there was no dark ranger, but massively overjoyed that there was no fucking tinker class. These things balance out sometimes.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Burning Crusade, Cataclysm, Warlods and BfA didn't bring a new class either.
    doesn't bode well for SL

Blind people will try to refute this, but no new class automatically means a bad expansion. Only the expansions that added new classes were good, because only a new class seems to make the devs actually put enough effort in. The rest was garbage, and Shadowlands will be garbage, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The only new class they could have added to fit this expansion is Necromancer. However, Death Knights are already the Necromancer class (they are the hero Necromancer unit from WC3), so there was no need.

Hopefully we get a new class next expansion, and hopefully it's the Tinker class.
    That this really needs to be said every single time. DK's do not, in any way, shape, or form, fulfill the classic fantasy of the necromancer. A necromancer is a robe wearing, physically frail spellcaster that wields a staff, summons loads of minions, and gets completely fucked should he ever be engaged in melee combat. So, a warlock.

>so there's still no need to implement a necromancer because we already have warlocks hurr durr, what about the gameplay hurr durr

Doesn't fucking matter, it's the theme that's important. If you copied warlocks 1:1 and gave them a necromancer skin, it would still be an entirely different experience than playing a warlock. Themes and visuals matter a lot more than new, or different gameplay.

I'll take some new specs, just some new flavour, no one wants to play BFA classes again in SL. The game has never played so poorly and some of that comes down to class design. Let us hope the braindeads at blizzard make the game fun again, fun before anything is how you make a fun game.

I've been playing a Death Knight main since the first tier of Cataclysm, so I don't get the need to have a new class all the time. XD#

Another DPS spec for DK would be fun though. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Blind people will try to refute this, but no new class automatically means a bad expansion. Only the expansions that added new classes were good, because only a new class seems to make the devs actually put enough effort in. The rest was garbage, and Shadowlands will be garbage, too.

- - - Updated - - -

That this really needs to be said every single time. DK's do not, in any way, shape, or form, fulfill the classic fantasy of the necromancer. A necromancer is a robe wearing, physically frail spellcaster that wields a staff, summons loads of minions, and gets completely fucked should he ever be engaged in melee combat. So, a warlock.

>so there's still no need to implement a necromancer because we already have warlocks hurr durr, what about the gameplay hurr durr

Doesn't fucking matter, it's the theme that's important. If you copied warlocks 1:1 and gave them a necromancer skin, it would still be an entirely different experience than playing a warlock. Themes and visuals matter a lot more than new, or different gameplay.
    i wouldnt mind a necromancer class,even if it was a bit to similar to warlock,mostly demonology,have different pets for different roles,like a shield warrior for tanking a skeletal archer or caster for dps,a big bloated abomination as a cd that vomits fumes and poison etc

There won't be because you, as a general consumer you, will purchase it regardless.

It would have been nice to get tinkers but honestly I would rather they focus on the current classes/specs.