Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    It would have been nice to get tinkers but honestly I would rather they focus on the current classes/specs.

  2. #62
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    76
    Honestly I was disappointed as well that we didn't get a new class announced, especially considering the rumors that were swirling around and the potential for a new class inspired by the expansion. At a minimum I thought they were going to talk about a Death Knight rework. Nothing.

  3. #63
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    America, F*** yeah.
    Posts
    2,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The only new class they could have added to fit this expansion is Necromancer. However, Death Knights are already the Necromancer class (they are the hero Necromancer unit from WC3), so there was no need.

    Hopefully we get a new class next expansion, and hopefully it's the Tinker class.
    "It has undead stuff therefore is all necromancers are allowed to hope for. BTW I want tinker even though engineering already exists and is therefore all I could ever want according to my own logic."
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

  4. #64
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Have they given any explanation? I'm still waiting for it, there are still many hero classes to implement in the game, and we are going very badly, they only do filler expansions such as wod or bfa, and now, shadowlands. And it seems that now the damn comes diablo3 fashion, all kinds of wings, and various transmogs ... vomiting ... this does not look good ...
    It won't be.

    There haven't really been any new races either since MoP. Just reskins that are unlocked via reputation like mounts and pets.

    The last class only had 2 specs.

    At some point, you have to stop being the sucker and realize that the corporation will keep providing you less and less as long as you keep feeding them money. Stop feeding them money, give their competitors a fair shake (e.g. FFXIV is actually better than WoW at this time) and your money, and then (and only then) will Blizz start putting good effort into the game again.

    Yes, FFXIV doesn't do everything WoW does. Yes, FFXIV does some things worse than WoW. But what you don't realize when you don't set aside your bias is that FFXIV does a lot of things better than WoW does anymore.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It won't be.

    There haven't really been any new races either since MoP. Just reskins that are unlocked via reputation like mounts and pets.
    Kul Tirans are an entirely new race in design terms. Unlike the other allied races which are reskins or slight remodels, they have explained how this also caused delays in the initial release schedule. Vulpera and Zandalari, even though remodelled from existing races, are excellent.

    Other games, especially FF, have a couple of basic humanoid skeletons upon which they skin all the races.

    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    At some point, you have to stop being the sucker and realize that the corporation will keep providing you less and less as long as you keep feeding them money.
    While this is true, both Legion and especially BfA were big expansions. BfA is one of the biggest ever in terms of content, not to mention all the cinematic and the amount of voice acting. Nothing before can compare to it.
    The poor class and systems design ruined the perception for the whole expansion. Which is their fault, but the expansion was by every indication well funded, not squeezing for last drops of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    (e.g. FFXIV is actually better than WoW at this time)
    Not even close in any sense. "actually" implies it is a fact, where if we go on comparing system by system and content and longevity and relevance, it's far from comparable. What FF has are a few fresh ideas and appeal to the crowd for Asian animes.

    Corporation owns FF too btw.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-03-26 at 10:48 AM.

  6. #66
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,439
    Still worth the buy, and maybe for the best.

  7. #67
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,103
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It won't be.

    There haven't really been any new races either since MoP. Just reskins that are unlocked via reputation like mounts and pets.

    The last class only had 2 specs.

    At some point, you have to stop being the sucker and realize that the corporation will keep providing you less and less as long as you keep feeding them money. Stop feeding them money, give their competitors a fair shake (e.g. FFXIV is actually better than WoW at this time) and your money, and then (and only then) will Blizz start putting good effort into the game again.

    Yes, FFXIV doesn't do everything WoW does. Yes, FFXIV does some things worse than WoW. But what you don't realize when you don't set aside your bias is that FFXIV does a lot of things better than WoW does anymore.
    So kultiran are not a new race?
    Please i would love to know what they are a reskin of.
    also yes, the last class had 2 specs yeah? and? alright, tinker class, has 80 specs, but each spec has 1 spell that they use as filler and thats it.
    please i would love if you could tell me what a demon hunters third spec could be, go right ahead, give me a name, their playstyle, some abilities and talents, and what role they would fill, go right ahead, but it needs to fit the lore and not just be "this class but different"

    also seems like you are here just trying to make this a "game vs game" thread, which is against the rules btw.
    please keep the discussion to wow, and not advertise another game and how good it is in comparison.
    also learn what reskins are, vulpera are for example 100% NOT a reskin of goblins.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-26 at 11:01 AM.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    If everyone thought like you, the game would be a bore of 4 classes ... in view is that if new classes are necessary, look at all the joy that the demon hunter has brought ..

    It is not that I despise the idea of adding new specs to existing classes, but I think that some would be better to change them, such as, warrior tank to warrior KNIGHT.o, warrior fury to barb, adding special features, such as horse combat for the warrior, and special weapons for the barbarian ...

    of course some classes need 1 more spec, like DH (ranged with bow), DK (ranged necromancer) ....

    But always a new hero class brings a lot of life to the game, but no, a filler expansion like wod, bfa or shadowlands. That doesn't add anything to the game, that's just an excuse for us to pay.
    Well, I don't know mate. DH had literally impacted my game by... 3hrs of game play maybe. And it only has two specs, and it had to borrow skills from other class. I mean, sure, it's cool class, but there are shitload of specs in game which i have not played if I wanted something new. And there are lots of people who have not tried every spec for every class. Why not play MM hunter instead of asking for shadow hunter?
    Class skins are essentially what you will get in the future. You can call it shadow hunter, but if it is shooting shadowy arrows and placing dots on the target it's just shadow priest + MM with different animations. The only new thing which really changed something was S2M Shadow priest gameplay. And it got nerfed.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Not even close in any sense. "actually" implies it is a fact, where if we go on comparing system by system and content and longevity and relevance, it's far from comparable. What FF has are a few fresh ideas and appeal to the crowd for Asian animes.

    Corporation owns FF too btw.
    FF14 actually provides you with a in-depth tutorial of how to do your role in a dungeon.
    FF14 also gives you baseline dungeon gear for your role if you did that tutorial fully and a ring that boosts your experience gain until level 31.
    FF14 has proper player housing that isn't Garrisons that made everyone feel isolated.
    FF14 makes old content feel relevant through the roulette system for dungeons and primals which helps you level.
    FF14 has the leve system which allows you to do optional dailies to level your gathering, crafting, or combat classes.
    FF14 brings in multiple new classes with each new expansion (3 in 1st expansion, 3 in 2nd expansion, 2 in 2nd expansion)
    FF14 brought in new races in its 1st and 3rd expansions (1 in 1st expansion, 2 in 2nd expansion)
    FF14 adds new unlockable hairstyles for races in each new content patch.
    FF14 actually rewards new players for picking a new-player recommened server with an experience boost.
    FF14 allows you to level all combat classes, gathering classes, and crafting professions so alts are really for alternate races.
    FF14 faction conflict involves the three player factions VS an npc faction.
    FF14 you as a player can swap between these three player factions for a small fee, first time is free.
    FF14 npc faction, The Garlean Empire is always the main antagonist.
    FF14 player factions are purely for titles, housing, transmog, and bg pvp.
    FF14 introduced flying for all your mounts, including normally ground-based mounts, in its 1st expansion.
    FF14 does have japanese aesthetics, primarily from the 2nd expansion, however the majority of the game is actually of western persuasion.
    FF14 put in more servers and housing wards due to a large influx of players.
    FF14 uses a backlog of stories, characters, lore that has been built up over 33 years while also coming up with new stories along the way.
    FF14's developers actually care about their players and want the content to be fun for them.

    Should I go on why you are colossally wrong about that MMO?

    The only leg you have to stand on is the story in the base game is actually pretty bad. You want to know my advice? Just skip the cutscenes and progress to the first expansion. If you want to go back and see what you skipped, there is literally two systems in place that let you do so. The first lets you rewatch cutscenes at your leisure. The second system allows you to go through the content again as "NG+" but you don't get any experience or rewards, purely for experiencing the content while at max level, and you can at any time just quit and go back to playing the current game.

  10. #70
    High Overlord Hastis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    by fire be purged
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Okay then play Path of Exiles where you can make a thousand different builds and they're all different and unique.

    WoW isn't like that, the game will always need to be balanced because otherwise it isn't fun for the vast majority of players. Adding new classes is entirely unnecessary and I truly hope they only add one new class every 5 or so expansions from now on.



    Oh you're one of those "The game is never balanced herr derr" people... No idea what to even say to you other than you're wrong so you'll need to try harder I guess?
    but he is right this game cant be balanced and NEVER was.. Its an Mmo there always will be something better than someone cuz of numbers... New class wont changed it but it gain fresh gameplay to it... i dont know why there are guys who really wants to have less from expansion i like when they give many things to do

  11. #71
    I would rather want to see a 4th spec for some classes and the return of many baseline abilities, that were pruned during WoD or made into PvP talents later, before they throw another piranha into the shark tank.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

    1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

  12. #72
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,875
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    "It has undead stuff therefore is all necromancers are allowed to hope for.
    Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts[2][3] or the black arts)[4] the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead.[5] Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can;

    1:conjure festering diseases
    2:harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy
    3:chill the living with the power of death.
    4:reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer

    Death Knights can do ALL of those things. What else do you want?

    BTW I want tinker even though engineering already exists and is therefore all I could ever want according to my own logic."
    Engineering is not a class, nor does it possess the Tinker's abilities from WC3, which forms the core of all WoW expansion classes. BTW, the Death Knight DOES contain nearly all of the Necromancer's abilities from WC3, and the Death Knight was the hero version of a Necromancer in WC3. Blizzard even stated that they incorporated the Necromancer concept into the DK class.

    So in short, no your argument doesn't contradict my logic at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    That this really needs to be said every single time. DK's do not, in any way, shape, or form, fulfill the classic fantasy of the necromancer. A necromancer is a robe wearing, physically frail spellcaster that wields a staff, summons loads of minions, and gets completely fucked should he ever be engaged in melee combat.
    https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Xul

  13. #73
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Blind people will try to refute this, but no new class automatically means a bad expansion. Only the expansions that added new classes were good, because only a new class seems to make the devs actually put enough effort in. The rest was garbage, and Shadowlands will be garbage, too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That this really needs to be said every single time. DK's do not, in any way, shape, or form, fulfill the classic fantasy of the necromancer. A necromancer is a robe wearing, physically frail spellcaster that wields a staff, summons loads of minions, and gets completely fucked should he ever be engaged in melee combat. So, a warlock.

    >so there's still no need to implement a necromancer because we already have warlocks hurr durr, what about the gameplay hurr durr

    Doesn't fucking matter, it's the theme that's important. If you copied warlocks 1:1 and gave them a necromancer skin, it would still be an entirely different experience than playing a warlock. Themes and visuals matter a lot more than new, or different gameplay.
    I don't think that the question of there being a new class makes or breaks an expansion, but it might be indicative of the amount of time, effort and money Blizz is putting into said expansion. If they're under-staffed, over budget and rapidly approaching their deadline they will cut corners which means a boring, repetitive and overall bad expansion.
    If they're well-staffed, have plenty of budget and are on or even ahead of schedule a new class isn't that hard to put in.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer

    Death Knights can do ALL of those things. What else do you want?



    Engineering is not a class, nor does it possess the Tinker's abilities from WC3, which forms the core of all WoW expansion classes. BTW, the Death Knight DOES contain nearly all of the Necromancer's abilities from WC3, and the Death Knight was the hero version of a Necromancer in WC3. Blizzard even stated that they incorporated the Necromancer concept into the DK class.

    So in short, no your argument doesn't contradict my logic at all.

    - - - Updated - - -



    https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Xul
    Oh, then here we go with the tinker shit again.

    There will never be tinkers. Deal with it.

  15. #75
    Rly a waste not include the Necromancer in this expansion, they could even be related to Bolvar and the Scourge unleashed, so we could help with the problem since DKs and the heroes cannot deal with the danger alone.

    So much potential

  16. #76
    We'll be lucky to get Shadowlands at all this year with CoVID19 stopping or slowing down development of pretty much everything on the entertainment front, let alone a brand new class.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    There won't be because you, as a general consumer you, will purchase it regardless.
    So will you, otherwise gets off this forum.

  18. #78
    Legendary! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    So will you, otherwise gets off this forum.
    Someone got upset that the hat fits.

  19. #79
    Bloodsail Admiral Skylarking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Centrelink
    Posts
    1,035
    It's probably for the best. They don't know what to do with existing ones. Take for example feral druids, iirc they have always been a clunky spec. Also warlocks and shamans that the devs seem to have no idea what to do with them. Their design and playstyle is always up and down.

  20. #80
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,342
    Let's pivot away from "Game vs. Game" off-topic stuff and focus instead on content in Shadowlands.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •