Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Finally some good news.

Good thing is that we will still need to upgrade our gear so 1500 newbies will not bhe equal to 2.4k glads

Seems like a fine change, I'm sure everyone will still use M+ and Raid trinkets, but I don't really think it's that bad if you're just targeting one specific item. The real question is how will it be different from PvE gear? If I get BiS raid gear can I compete in arenas, and if I get 2400+ gear can I compete in PvE? Guess we'll find out, but I kind of expect them to announce something that prevents that from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Finally some good news.

Good thing is that we will still need to upgrade our gear so 1500 newbies will not bhe equal to 2.4k glads
    How do you know this? They didn't say anything about how the gear is upgraded, other than the fact that it will be similar to how Benthic gear was upgraded - which was not dependant on your achievements, only on how many Mana Pearls you could acrue.

Additionally, last time we had upgradeable gear in PvP was in early MoP and back then it was two upgrades, and all you needed was some currency (no rating required). See this for reference.

Moreover, I really, really don't see the need to outgear newbies when I can just outplay them. PvP is more fun when everyone can get to an even point relatively quickly. I don't need to win or lose because I either outgear or get outgeared, that's PvE pleb think. Don't need to create arbitrary chokepoints at 2.2K or 2.4K or whatever rating.

They should just bring back WoD or MoP gearing, but with a lower catch-up cap and no Ashran/RBG extra RNG box.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2020-04-07 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    How do you know this? They didn't say anything about how the gear is upgraded, other than the fact that it will be similar to how Benthic gear was upgraded - which was not dependant on your achievements, only on how many Mana Pearls you could acrue.

Additionally, last time we had upgradeable gear in PvP was in early MoP and back then it was two upgrades, and all you needed was some currency (no rating required). See this for reference.

Moreover, I really, really don't see the need to outgear newbies when I can just outplay them. PvP is more fun when everyone can get to an even point relatively quickly. I don't need to win or lose because I either outgear or get outgeared, that's PvE pleb think. Don't need to create arbitrary chokepoints at 2.2K or 2.4K or whatever rating.

They should just bring back WoD or MoP gearing, but with a lower catch-up cap and no Ashran/RBG extra RNG box.

if you want everyone to be equal Legion was best at it. If you want to feel character progression legion is bad. People need gear progression in rpg game and if you can achieve same goals by earning 1500 and 2400 rating it's not fair.

Maybe let's give pve players who run heroics mythic level gear?

Also think about people who play both modes pvp and pve. I rly hope they will make it legion style but where items actually matter so we can use our pvp gear in pve and pve gear in pvp.

Ofc they should think about some bonuses for using (for example) pvp trinkets over pve

Most of my thread became true for Shadowlands What an insane coincidence

if you want everyone to be equal Legion was best at it.
    No, Legion was terrible because all PvPers were forced into M+ to get the highest possible ilvl. Also, no stat customization and no (PvP) trinkets.

Horrible expansion, horrible system.

People need gear progression in rpg game and if you can achieve same goals by earning 1500 and 2400 rating it's not fair.
    It's definitely fair. You get gear progression, just not beyond the 27K CP cap. You still get to beat newbs who still have green/blue gear. You just don't get to beat people who are equally skilled to you but happen to be 10 rating lower than you so they haven't gotten that incredibly important item and thus you're now beating them over and over again thus gatekeeping them completely.

Maybe let's give pve players who run heroics mythic level gear?
    I don't care what they do to PvE. PvE is not competitive, and most importantly it's not Player versus Player. The mob doesn't care if it's artificially gatekept by gear.

I rly hope they will make it legion style but where items actually matter so we can use our pvp gear in pve and pve gear in pvp.
    Mhh, you "rly" hope they remove all stat customization, PvP trinkets and force PvPers into M+ to get the highest possible ilvl? Sounds good, not.

Most of my thread became true for Shadowlands What an insane coincidence
    You're jumping the gun on PvP Power. Wait and see. It could still not be the PvP specific stats we've been hoping for.