Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This intro video is hurting my soul....

Wow they are really shaking things up.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Looks cool, but "Outcast" is not a very intuitive keyword. Why not just call it "Edge"?

So the Demon Hunter class' ability is a weaker version of the Druid? Also strange that they make it the only ability to cost 1 mana.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So the Demon Hunter class' ability is a weaker version of the Druid? Also strange that they make it the only ability to cost 1 mana.
    Not weaker if it costs half the mana and synergizes with their class cards.

The duplicate protection rule is amazing, so happy to see they added it not just for epics but for all rarities

Will Murkidan be available? I want Demon Hunter murloc zoo decks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Not weaker if it costs half the mana and synergizes with their class cards.
    Many class abilities can synergize with cards, thanks to the "inspire" mechanic (or somesuch, don't remember the exact name) and other effects.

It's also technically weaker than the Rogue's ability (2 mana, can attack for two rounds to deal 1 damage) since it-- apparently-- cannot benefit from weapon buffs.
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Chances are DH will have some balance issues early on. But what doesn't? It's not like the current meta is in any way balanced

Many class abilities can synergize with cards, thanks to the "inspire" mechanic (or somesuch, don't remember the exact name) and other effects.

It's also technically weaker than the Rogue's ability (2 mana, can attack for two rounds to deal 1 damage) since it-- apparently-- cannot benefit from weapon buffs.
    Considering cards like Twin Slice, Blur, and Battlefiend, I think that's a fair trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Considering cards like Twin Slice, Blur, and Battlefiend, I think that's a fair trade off.
    Battlefiend's ability is nothing new. There are cards already have effects that trigger when your hero attacks.
    Twin Slice is also nothing new. There are many cards already that give your class more attack. Especially in the druid class.
    What does "Blur" do? I did not see it in the OP's list, or in the links he provided.

Battlefiend's ability is nothing new. There are cards already have effects that trigger when your hero attacks.
    Twin Slice is also nothing new. There are many cards already that give your class more attack. Especially in the druid class.
    What does "Blur" do? I did not see it in the OP's list, or in the links he provided.
    0 mana
    Your hero cannot take damage this turn

Outcast is a really interesting keyword as well
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2020-03-17 at 09:37 PM.

You're looking at this in a vacuum. No class in the game has the ability to consistently attack with 1 mana throughout the entire game without cards or a penalty.

There is no 1 mana 2/2 minion in the game that increases its damage every time you attack.

Pounce is rotating out of standard, and really had no archetype to support it. This spell easily fits the overall DH archetype and will see a lot of use.

Also like Twin Slice, Blur is zero mana, which means you can stack with no penalty. Those cards are going to be crazy with Gadgetzhan Auctioneer.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, speaking of Druids, Demon Hunter seems to be taking the abandoned Gonk Druid archetype (pretty much using the hero as a nonstop attacker) and making it actually useful. It's going to be interesting to see what cards the class gets in the future.

Metamorphosis is such a thematically appropriate card. You deal big range dmg 2 times and go back to normal form lol.

I'm seriously debating whether I should spend the money to return to the game now.

I'm very happy with Librams and buff paladin though it will probably take at least a couple more cards to make it a strong theme. Sad they did not give more support to pure paladin. Some of the Primes are amazing. Demon Hunter looks like a good way to climb fast. Definitely an interesting set.

Demon Hunter seems really unbalanced.

Compare it to the lolspellmage package that they are pushing (I would love to play it, but it doesn't seem viable right now, unlike the old spell hunter).

I hope we don't have to wait a full expansion for balance changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm very happy with Librams and buff paladin though it will probably take at least a couple more cards to make it a strong theme. Sad they did not give more support to pure paladin. Some of the Primes are amazing. Demon Hunter looks like a good way to climb fast. Definitely an interesting set.
    I don't think more pure paladin cards need to be printed right now. I mean, all the libram package and the new Legendary can be incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I'm seriously debating whether I should spend the money to return to the game now.
    Part of the new Year of the Phoenix changes is a returning player experience (if you haven't logged in in 4 months)that rewards a competitive deck for a class of your choice, plus the free Demon Hunter class comes with 30 very viable cards, including legendaries and epics.

They're also overhauling ranked progression to be immediately rewarding when you rank up, with better rewards, and are implementing duplicate protection across all rarities.

I'd say now is a good time to return without spending and see how you feel about the changes/additions.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-03-26 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I don't think more pure paladin cards need to be printed right now. I mean, all the libram package and the new Legendary can be incorporated.
    Certainly and that's what I am planning to try.