Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Ashes of Outland Leaked (New Demon Hunter Class, Priest Class Redesign)

Polygon accidentally published their article on the next HS expansion, Ashes of Outland, early.

http://archive.is/2WqXT
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

The story of the expansion involves Mecha-Jaraxxus creating the Rusted Legion by reviving and mechanizing the fallen heroes and villains of Outland.

It will be introducing Demon Hunter as the first new class since launch and will also see the Priest class undergo a core redesign to solidify it as a control archetype class.

Illidan Stormrage will be the Demon Hunter hero, and will be introduced via a free story campaign that retells his origin story, which will also reward players with the class's core cards. The adventure will be made available on April 2, and the class will become playable in other modes on April 7.

Demon Hunter hero power is Demon Claws, 1-mana, gain +1 attack. New keyword exclusive to the class is Outcast, cards gain special effects when they're the right- or left-most card in your hand. Class is aggressive with a focus on attacking using your hero, AoE damage spells, RNG enemy damage effects, demon minions, minions with rush and bonus damage dealing effects, and card draw. Class is lacking card generation and hard removal.

Priest redesign will be altering their core cards significantly, with some cards changed and others replaced. Their OTK cards, including Velen, are going to be Hall of Famed, it seems.

New expansion mechanics include Prime minions, class Legendaries that get shuffled back into their owner's deck and become stronger when they're killed. Kargath Bladefist for Warrior and Lady Vashj for Shaman.

Another new mechanic is Imprisoned Demons. They are played on the board in a dormant state, during which time they can't be interacted with, and activate after two turns.

Kael'thas Sunstrider will be given out as a free neutral legendary minion tomorrow (March 17). The only detail on Kael'thas is that he makes the third spell you cast during your turn free.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-03-17 at 12:27 AM.

Well, that's an oopsie..

5+ Year Old Account
    If this is true this might mean good things for monks in the future at some point.

That would be cool. I'm a sucker for the WoW cosmic theme and all things Outland and Legion, even if it's going to be a comic vibe in the cards game.

So.. Demon Hunter class will have two spammable low mana cards and few high mana ones they insta play on draw?

Edit: the link doesn't open for me.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2020-03-16 at 11:45 PM.

So there's still a chance for a DK class Nice if true.

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

if this is real, given how Shadowlands features the current Lich King Bolvar and the undead/afterlife in general as plot points, i would not be surprsied if they used that as an excuse to revisit HS DKs as a player class

PS: Watch Bolvar be the DK Hero rather than Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    Mages get both Khadgar and Medivh as alternate heroes, so maybe we'd see both.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    if this is real, given how Shadowlands features the current Lich King Bolvar and the undead/afterlife in general as plot points, i would not be surprsied if they used that as an excuse to revisit HS DKs as a player class

Well Arthas was lich King from 2003 to 2009 Bolvar beat that by 5 years (2009 to 2020).

No kings rules forever but Bolvar ruled for longer

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that they've already gone all out with a Frozen Throne-themed expansion, complete with the Lich King card, Prince Arthas alternate Paladin hero, and all the DK hero cards, I suppose a Shadowlands-themed set with a Bolvar DK hero might be a good way to go, when the time comes.

That said, considering that they haven't done a Pandaria-themed expansion yet, Monk might be the more likely class in the pipeline.

Then again, with a six year gap between launch and the introduction of DH, it might still be several years before they do this again. Adding a new class is sure to be a major undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Considering that they've already gone all out with a Frozen Throne-themed expansion, complete with the Lich King card, Prince Arthas alternate Paladin hero, and all the DK hero cards, I suppose a Shadowlands-themed set with a Bolvar DK hero might be a good way to go, when the time comes.

That said, considering that they haven't done a Pandaria-themed expansion yet, Monk might be the more likely class in the pipeline.

Then again, with a six year gap between launch and the introduction of DH, it might still be several years before they do this again. Adding a new class is sure to be a major undertaking.
    It's entirely possible that the 6 year gap is because they simply didn't want to, and then changed their mind a few months ago, just saying I wouldn't think adding a class to a card game would be as complicated as adding a class to WoW, it's possible we could see Monks/Death Knights/Tinkers/whatever next Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    It's entirely possible that the 6 year gap is because they simply didn't want to, and then changed their mind a few months ago, just saying I wouldn't think adding a class to a card game would be as complicated as adding a class to WoW, it's possible we could see Monks/Death Knights/Tinkers/whatever next Blizzcon
    Could literally be they hadn't come up with mechanics for the class they enjoyed until now.

Will be interesting to see a new class play out if this is to be true. I really wanted to see a DK class be released in Knights of the Frozen Throne which was the perfect occasion to do so, and one of their new mechanic could be something plague or rune related. Most of these DH cards seem fair enough to be real. The priest core set needs a redesign badly which makes this even more believeable.

Mecha Jaraxxus made me laugh, though. What a silly thing.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    If this is true this might mean good things for monks in the future at some point.
    Well look at what they did with DKs

I think HS is the easiest game to make fake 'leaks' due its simplicity... but it is almost certain real one since it was leaked by Polygon.
    Well... that is what we call BIG OOPSIE.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Well look at what they did with DKs
    That wasn't bad either. A different approach, but also a good one. And both had an expansion dedicated to them. No?

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't make sense
    we will know tonight if it is true or not, but seriously don't make sense
    for start, why all other classes get prime minion except the 'new' DH? what is DH hero power? left or right?
    also DK is far more popular than DH, if they would add a class i'd expect DK first before anything else
    Last priest isn't 'weak' by miles, heck we just had prior to last exp a very solid priest deck that dominated ranked, they only 'lost' their place in current exp, that's HS for u, one day ur class is OP next exp it drops down
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's worse than an oopsie from Polygon. Stealing someone's big news before their day is a no no. I don't think HS needed the leak for hype or anything tbh. Imo ActiBlizz should forget to invite them for a couple of presentations.
    Battlegrounds is definitely amazing, that is one thing I will give them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    doesn't make sense
    we will know tonight if it is true or not, but seriously don't make sense
    for start, why all other classes get prime minion except the 'new' DH? what is DH hero power? left or right?
    also DK is far more popular than DH, if they would add a class i'd expect DK first before anything else
    Last priest isn't 'weak' by miles, heck we just had prior to last exp a very solid priest deck that dominated ranked, they only 'lost' their place in current exp, that's HS for u, one day ur class is OP next exp it drops down
    Pretty hard to fake a google cache with a google signed security certificate though.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

The post was real, but now we need to see if it is a fake post. My guess is that it is real, interviews happen and people work on some of these posts weeks or months in advance sometimes so I think someone hit publish on the article and they just got unlucky that google cached it before they could change the status back. It happens all the time since publish and preview are usually next to each other or close by.

Update: it is very close to April fools though and it could be a concerted effort by Blizzard haha. I would give them props if it was.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-03-17 at 02:12 PM.

demon hunter kinda makes me wanna install, but we all know this game is a major waste of money
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz