Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - March 16, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - March 16, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Ny’alotha, the Waking City
      • Resolved an issue that caused players to get locked inside the Chamber of Heart if both Carapace of N'Zoth and N’Zoth the Corruptor encounters were defeated but other bosses undefeated on Mythic difficulty.
      • N’Zoth the Corruptor
        • Tank-specialization characters should no longer be targeted by Paranoia on all difficulties.
          • Developers’ note: Paranoia’s coordination requirements when tanks are involved is a bit higher than we’d like. This fix prevents tanks from being targeted altogether, preventing awkward moments where a ranged character would need to run a long distance to meet up with a tank partner.
      • Mythic Keystone Dungeon
        • Tidesage Council
          • Blessing of the Tempest should now be more visible when active on Galecaller Faye.
          • Blowback damage reduced by 20%.
          • Slicing Blast damage reduced by 20%.
        • Waycrest Manor
          • Reduced the rate at which members of the Heartsbane Triad gain energy from the Focusing Iris, resulting in an increased delay before Dire Ritual is cast.

Items and Rewards
    • Corrupted Items
      • [With regional restarts] All equipment rewards from Horrific Visions are now Corrupted.
        • Developers’ note: We’ve heard from many players that Corrupted Items were not obtainable enough, limiting their ability to play with the system and its inherent tradeoffs. This change will substantially increase the number of Corrupted Items reliably earned each week, allowing players to choose from among a greater selection of Corrupted pieces and enjoy those that work best in a given situation.
      • Twisted Appendage no longer benefits from buffs like Power Word: Shield or Earthen Wall.
      • Twisted Appendage and Infinite Stars can no longer trigger more than once every 12 seconds during player versus player combat.
    • Heart of Azeroth
      • [With regional restarts] Players who have Rank 3 Azerite Essences on at least one character can now more easily acquire those Essences on other characters on the same account via a new currency: Echoes of Ny’alotha. MOTHER will offer any eligible character a Rank 3 Essence for 500 Echoes of Ny’alotha each. Any player who is eligible to purchase at least one Essence from MOTHER will now receive Echoes of Ny’alotha from a wide range of activities in current content:
        • Black Empire Assault – 125 Echoes of Ny’alotha
        • Aqir/Amathet/Mantid/Mogu Assault – 75 Echoes of Ny’alotha
        • Horrific Visions – 50 Echoes of Ny’alotha, plus 25 per additional objective completed (i.e. 150 Echoes of Ny’alotha for a full clear)
        • Emissary Quest – 50 Echoes of Ny’alotha
        • Heroic Darkshore Warfront – 75 Echoes of Ny’alotha
        • Normal/Heroic/Mythic Ny’alotha raid bosses – 15-25 Echoes of Ny’alotha each, once per week per boss
        • Ny’alotha Raid Finder wings – 25 Echoes of Ny’alotha
        • Random Battleground wins – 15-25 Echoes of Ny’alotha
        • Rated Arena wins – 10-25 Echoes of Ny’alotha baseline, scaling up with PvP rank
        • Rated Battleground wins – 35 Echoes of Ny’alotha baseline, scaling up with PvP rank
        • Weekly PvP Cache – 175 to 300 Echoes of Ny’alotha, based on PvP rank
        • Mythic Keystone dungeon end-of-run chest – 3 Echoes of Ny’alotha per Keystone Level (i.e. 30 Echoes of Ny’alotha for a Mythic 10)
        • Weekly Mythic Keystone Dungeon Cache – 20 Echoes of Ny’alotha per highest Keystone Level
          • Developers’ note: The general goal here is that doing Assaults and associated Horrific Visions should provide enough to get at least one Rank 3 Essence of your choice per week. Doing other content you like (PvP, dungeons, or raids) will increase that significantly, depending on the level of content you’re doing. Of course, Essences can still be earned normally via their associated activities, so if you want to get your Essence of the Focusing Iris directly via Mythic Keystone dungeons and then buy others from MOTHER, that’s now an option. Within a couple of weeks of hitting max-level on your alt, you should be able to obtain your preferred Essences by playing the game as you usually would.

Please note: Echoes of Ny’alotha may appear to replace Azerite in the Emissary and PvP reward panes, however, it does not. Echoes of Ny’alotha are always additive with existing rewards. We believe that it is more important to release this update with a reward display issue than hold the change for a fix. We expect to fix the display issue in the next week or two.

For more information read our forum post.

Time to sit here and bring out the popcorn for all the people hating this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Time to sit here and bring out the popcorn for all the people hating this.
    Yeah won't take long, doing the math for the first four in that list will only get you 400, and that is if you manage to do a full H Vision clear.. Is interesting that normal visions are not included in the list.. But you notice the large amount you get for the weekly PVP cache compared to the weekly M+ cache, that wont go down well..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2020-03-17 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah won't take long, doing the math for the first four in that list will only get you 400, and that is if you manage to do a full H Vision clear.. Is interesting that normal visions are not included in the list.. But you notice the large amount you get for the weekly PVP cache compared to the weekly M+ cache, that wont go down well with some people..
    What? Max in pvp gives only 300. An M+15 gives 300, and going higher gives more.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    What? Max in pvp gives only 300. An M+15 gives 300, and going higher gives more.
    Ahh k, it is just the way they worded it, is not exactly that clear..

Gating it so they could only possibly get 1-2 per week and that is if they participate in EVERY single thing in game currently and navigate them successfully. Nice, gate the game to the point no one wants to open it....

Thank God I just use alts as mount and mog farming attempts so I don't have to farm to re-earn the essences I spent months unlocking.

So play the game normally and get an essence a week, maybe 2. Personally I see no issue.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean going off that list shouldn't be too hard to get the first one, should take 2 days tops. after that it will be one a week, maybe 2 if you push it

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Gating it so they could only possibly get 1-2 per week and that is if they participate in EVERY single thing in game currently and navigate them successfully. Nice, gate the game to the point no one wants to open it....
    ???

+15 chest = 300
    Tuesday Assault = 125
    Tuesday minor assault = 75

1 Essence

2 Vision clears from the assaults you did = 300
    3 Emmisaries = 150
    2 Keys or some arenas or bgs or raid bosses or literally an hour of anything = 50+

2 Essences, on the first day this is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    ???

+15 chest = 300
    Tuesday Assault = 125
    Tuesday minor assault = 75

1 Essence

2 Vision clears from the assaults you did = 300
    3 Emmisaries = 150
    2 Keys or some arenas or bgs or raid bosses or literally an hour of anything = 50+

2 Essences, on the first day this is out.
    And then? Did your reply show my post as being incorrect or? Not following...? I did the math as well. If you did 100% of the content available for the WEEK what 2-3 for the week?
    Last edited by InflaterMouse; 2020-04-15 at 03:54 AM.

I honestly wonder what people do on their alts? Appearently no one raids, do dungeons, pvp, assaults, visions etc. You do Pet Battles? If so its not something you need essences for anyway.

For me I can jump on an alt on wednesday, do two assault and two HVs you get from said assault on wednesday and buy:
    Big assault: 125
    Small assault: 75
    Two full HVs: 300
    = Rank 3 essence of my choice.

Not to mention I saved all visions from this week so two bis essences on wednesday on any alt I want. Then another or two from the content I also do normally.

Yes, so horrible.. SO MUCH GRIND AKA playing the game as normal.

Something to do under quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So much grind, jesus...
    Are you drunk? What grind? They are gifting you 2 esscences in the first week? Want more? Play again next week. Get two more. Your shitty alt prob won't even be able to equip more than two at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Are you drunk? What grind? They are gifting you 2 esscences in the first week? Want more? Play again next week. Get two more. Your shitty alt prob won't even be able to equip more than two at that point.
    Multiple alts.

Where does it say they are gifting 2 essences in the first week? I read it earlier and again in case I missed it, but I don't see anywhere they said that. The way you are making it sound by "gifting" means they are giving you 1000 echoes to buy 2 essences and rest you earn, but that doesn't look to be the case.

so 2-3 weeks per each essence with spending few hours each week on alts.

gross.

but in line with boosting MAU policy

No Chance keeping me playing even if we cant accuse Blizzard in absuing Corona (Im sure some will ;-)). I only need CLF for Single Target.
    Next week Doom Eternal Release will be anyway
    What keeps me rather worried is Taliesin foreseen this right (The Apocalypse is near)!!!

it is a grind when you have many alts,people want account wide essences,not more grind