Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    ???

+15 chest = 300
    Tuesday Assault = 125
    Tuesday minor assault = 75

1 Essence

2 Vision clears from the assaults you did = 300
    3 Emmisaries = 150
    2 Keys or some arenas or bgs or raid bosses or literally an hour of anything = 50+

2 Essences, on the first day this is out.
    If you can do a +15 and a full vision clear you don’t probably need any essence on your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Gating it so they could only possibly get 1-2 per week and that is if they participate in EVERY single thing in game currently and navigate them successfully. Nice, gate the game to the point no one wants to open it....
    i mean you can earn 4 visions per week so thats 1 essence just from that

you dont have to do every single thing in the game and besides each alt will only be using about 4

my main alt has one rank 3 already

people seem to miss the point that you will never grind every single essence on every singel cahracter

i have one raider that is swapping to an alt and even he is set on targeting only a few and thats like 2 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it is a grind when you have many alts,people want account wide essences,not more grind
    i mean if you have an alt that needs the essences then you are probably doing the content anyways

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Multiple alts.
    ....just gonna say multiple alts is a you problem

Even then dont just get every essence...target the ones you want on the characters you want...and the rest come later

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so 2-3 weeks per each essence with spending few hours each week on alts.

gross.

but in line with boosting MAU policy
    i dont even think you know what MAU is and just parrot crap you hear

you get one essence pretty easily each week and can probably boost it to 3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....just gonna say multiple alts is a you problem

Even then dont just get every essence...target the ones you want on the characters you want...and the rest come later
    this^^^^

like look at my pally i havent capped yet

i will simply get vision rank 3 by doing the dungeon

i will get the island pretty quickly

i will buy the rest which is like 3....oh my god a whole week of DOING CONTENT ONE WOULD NORMALLY DO ON AN ALT

i will immediately be gaining currency from the visions and the emissaries

Why should you even bother. If you have no Guild RIO hast nullified your chance for pugging mostly (At least if you want to play a different Role on your alt ^^)
    It seems like Blizzard wants to grind the sh*t out of Visions otherwise they would't buffed them so hard. Nice for the 2-3 Mask Boosters for Twinks, now they can fight with the M+ Boosters in the Trade Chat because as long you got Vessels Visons keep increasing efficiency compared to M+

i think this thread just has people who cant do simple math

i mean for a week just with the emissary you get 350 (450 if you saved 2)
    opening assault 125
    little assaults 150
    visions if you do 3 during the week and only get 2 side areas then you get 300
    so for the week that is an easy...i really mean easy....925 and if you dont really suck then its over 1k
    boom two essences

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it is a grind when you have many alts,people want account wide essences,not more grind
    Then stop friggin playing many alts if you don't have the time for it. The maths is at kindergarden level and you're really all just acting like spoiled brats. DAD WHERE'S MY NEW IPHONE?

Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    Why should you even bother. If you have no Guild RIO hast nullified your chance for pugging mostly (At least if you want to play a different Role on your alt ^^)
    It seems like Blizzard wants to grind the sh*t out of Visions otherwise they would't buffed them so hard. Nice for the 2-3 Mask Boosters for Twinks, now they can fight with the M+ Boosters in the Trade Chat because as long you got Vessels Visons keep increasing efficiency compared to M+
    how many essences do you want on your alt???

because you can get some really quick without having to buy it

Luckly or Unluckly (Depends how you see it). I rerolled from my Heal to a DD Toon, because I dont like bening forced to Melee DPS in M+. So I almost have all necessary Essences at Rank 3 except for Lucid Dreams and Condensed Life Force, wher only Life Force is Mandatory and LD only under certain Situations, so basically 1-2 Weeks or 1 Week doing everything ^^. I just wanted to indicate Twinking from 0 (Or Fresh 120) has more flaws than "just" farming 3-4 Essences. The only Essence not worth Grinding those Echos for would be crucible of Flames, and Vision of Perfection maybe if you are lucky in low m+

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    If you can do a +15 and a full vision clear you don’t probably need any essence on your alt.
    Yeah, some boyz in these comments talk like alts are full damn power rangers, running 15's and killing assault elites in all zone in 10 minutes combined, super ninjas and everything. They make me lol so hard.

Chars who need essences are not powerful alts. It will all look like a grind for them because they will struggle with some quests and will take decent time. Not everyone is an ilvl 470 DH destroying half map in 5 seconds...

(... like me )

I know exactly what you mean ^^. Try Kill some mobs as undergeared underdog Specc Like Enhancement gl with that ^^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah won't take long, doing the math for the first four in that list will only get you 400, and that is if you manage to do a full H Vision clear.. Is interesting that normal visions are not included in the list.. But you notice the large amount you get for the weekly PVP cache compared to the weekly M+ cache, that wont go down well..
    How do you get that to 400?

125 from major assault
    75x2 from minor assault
    150 from full clear
    50x7 from emissaries

125+75x2+150+50x7 = 775 1½ essence.

I think he counted what you can achieve in the first day.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how easily we will be able to buy rank 3 essences on alts, considering every activity rewards the new currency. I expected way worse (the legendary tokens in Legion took a bit of time). Even for undergeared alts, getting two rank essences a week isn't unrealistic.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-03-17 at 09:54 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skynet1990 View Post
    I think he counted what you can achieve in the first day.
    Black Empire Assault 125
    Minor Assault 75
    Horrific Vision 100
    Emissary Quest x1 50
    Ny’alotha Normal x12 180
    Ny'alotha LFR x4 100
    Mythic +7 21
    Day 1 651

Second Minor Assault 75
    Weekly PvP Cache 175
    Weekly Mythic+ Cache 140
    2-3 Horrific Visions 200-300
    Emissary Quest x6 300
    Rest of the Week 890

Total 1541

Things to note: I do admit that my day one would even have me floored in exhaustion but it can be done. I didn't include any repeatable activities. If you're gearing an alt then I'd presume you'd be doing multiple Mythic+ runs for more echoes, but no higher then a +7 for the weekly cache. Secondly, I didn't add any PvP activities because at this point of the expansion, outside of CTA ganking there's no actual pvp involved to capping conquest for the cache. As for Horrific Visions, I made the bare minimum Boss+2 Wings with the assumption that you only have 1 key on day one from the assaults and 2-3 throughout the rest of the week. Lastly, even taking away the raids(atleast normal+ as you do have to dedicate a huge amount of continual time), you'd still have plenty of echoes for 2+ essence per week.

I mean its obvious why they state currency for that and why the systems came up *just* after the Cloak is 15 (theoretically if you grind up) and you can now kill every boss in LFR so the Content is officially out until Shadowlands Pre-Event in late Summer to Fall.

I think almost everyone is so fed up with the multiple grinds they run wild if they see even the tiniest amount of new grind and I cant say I'd convict them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Yeah, some boyz in these comments talk like alts are full damn power rangers, running 15's and killing assault elites in all zone in 10 minutes combined, super ninjas and everything. They make me lol so hard.

Chars who need essences are not powerful alts. It will all look like a grind for them because they will struggle with some quests and will take decent time. Not everyone is an ilvl 470 DH destroying half map in 5 seconds...

(... like me )
    Yep. Standard assaults are already a big nightmare for any char under about 440 ilvl, they take ages unless you are lucky enough to do events with other random players.

I honestly hoped in a simple vendor, also because this system like it is could already have been implemented in 8.3, non need to wait months.

I'm really happy with this, getting 2 essences a week on alts will be quite easy and that seems perfectly fair. If you play a fair amount you can likely get 3 essences a week, so you can easily catch a new alt up with everything they need in about 2 weeks. No complaints at all, that's way better than I was expecting it to be and I'm very excited to get my alts caught up with gear now that I can actually play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    For me I can jump on an alt on wednesday, do two assault and two HVs you get from said assault on wednesday and buy:
    Big assault: 125
    Small assault: 75
    Two full HVs: 300
    = Rank 3 essence of my choice.
    Doing full Horrific Visions on alts and still needing essences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Then stop friggin playing many alts if you don't have the time for it. The maths is at kindergarden level and you're really all just acting like spoiled brats. DAD WHERE'S MY NEW IPHONE?

Chill.

Back in the days to play alts we didn't need to grind other things than gear.
    You could've just do dungeons/raids and will be fine. Now we need essences, neck, cloak. Which is ridiculous seeing how much time it costs.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You shouldn't be in 5s let alone 15s at this point without essences.

Even my herbalist/miner druids have enough neck level to equip 2 minors now.....
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]