Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Just a bad generalization on your end, you should probably take a look in the mirror before judging someone else like that.
    After 13 years of WoW, you can trust your gut pretty well. Sometimes I am wrong but most of the times, when I have the chance to talk to them, by writing or discord, I can confirm that my first impression about them was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    After 13 years of WoW, you can trust your gut pretty well. Sometimes I am wrong but most of the times, when I have the chance to talk to them, by writing or discord, I can confirm that my first impression about them was right.
    Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, I have had some too but they've been far less since I found a nice guild with decent people in it.

Saw an entire group of poptart corndog members and other top 20 US guild members bullying a super autistic kid on his twitch stream, night after night.

This game houses some of the biggest scumbags on the planet. Absolutely terrible people. CERTAINLY at the highest level.
    Last edited by Wheeler; 2020-03-25 at 05:29 AM.

Some people are just dicks, and there's no real good way of dealing with that without making it annoying to everyone else who isn't a dick.

The reason why so many players are foul is that WoW is the ultimate ironic paradox. Blizzard created a game that was meant for people to work together and get things done, however, the people that play this game are (majority) people who in real life have ZERO social capabilities. They can't work with others. They were picked on in the playground. They live in their parents basement. And these are the people expected to work with others peacefully?

The only reason why this game ever got off the ground is because people who were not socially inept were attracted to the game and kept it alive long enough to make a name for itself.

All the drama you see in guilds is selfish socially inept people who were never in a team sport.

Period.

People are toxic on the Internet, including games, nothing new. Simply don't play with eltists, (most of them are wannabe eltists actually) and huge failures in real life so it's the only thing they have, being better in a game because they play it extreme amounts of hours. But I get you, sometime I wish I could meet them in person... You know, like when you drive past a car just to see if they are as stupid as they drive. xD
    Most success in life comes from investing a lot of time into a thing you like. Being a top player in any game deserves my respect just for being able to achieve that. Most of top players are very intelligent. One day some of them will get tired of being best at the game and will work their way up to being at the top in some real-life area instead.

Most toxicity comes from middle-tier players who want to be the best but don't have what it takes to get there. And more likely than not - investing enough time is exactly the part where they fall short. That leads to the typical mindset: "I'm the best player ever lived, and I would be in world 10th guild and 4k raider.io if only I cared... so if you want to get invite into my +15s you better be at least 3k score".
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-03-30 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Most success in life comes from investing a lot of time into a thing you like. Being a top player in any game deserves my respect just for being able to achieve that. Most of top players are very intelligent. One day some of them will get tired of being best at the game and will work their way up to being at the top in some real-life area instead.

Most toxicity comes from middle-tier players who want to be the best but don't have what it takes to get there. And more likely than not - investing enough time is exactly the part where they fall short. That leads to the typical mindset: "I'm the best player ever lived, and I would be in world 10th guild and 4k raider.io if only I cared... so if you want to get invite into my +15s you better be at least 3k score".
    I agree, mid tier players can be worse than top ones. It's also true that top players are intelligent but not many of them reach a point where they use their intelligence well in real life. And if you don't take advantage of your intelligence to get a better life, are you really that smart?

I agree, mid tier players can be worse than top ones. It's also true that top players are intelligent but not many of them reach a point where they use their intelligence well in real life. And if you don't take advantage of your intelligence to get a better life, are you really that smart?
    Some hired programmer that doesn't even play the game that well is probably getting "a better life" by writing weakauras or addons for top guilds than players themselves. "Intelligence" is not something you can just "use" to get "a better life", there is so many variables to get "a better life", that's why meritocracy doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Because OP, some people are just assholes. It sounds too simple of an answer, but it's true.

Think of any game that allows for social interaction or competition. Whether through Co-Op,
    free for all multiplayer, or one on one. You will find those who are good, those who are mute
    (meaning they give no feedback, positive or negative, they just show up to play and then
    move on, win or lose) and then you have the asshole, who needs no further description.

You're going to find those types in EVERYTHING. Unless it's a single player experience, you
    are guaranteed to run into at least one of them. The internet is a big place after all.

The biggest thing you can do is combat it. If someone is an asshole in your group, kick them,
    and report them. If you see someone being an asshole, block them and report them. You
    don't need to engage them directly, don't give them that kind of attention. Just block/mute
    and report. It may not seem like much, but it is 100x better than doing nothing.

And most importantly, never let yourself be an asshole. It isn't hard, and anyone who says
    it is, is basically an asshole already. They're just pulling the biggest card an asshole likes to
    pull, the "people make me this way" justification card.

I've been playing WoW since the beginning, and I've met all kinds of players. Some nice,
    some bad. Some who are so exceptional that they are in the "asshole" category. But not
    once have I ever acted that way towards any player, even the newbie or the dunce. Part
    of it is being patient, the other is that this is a video game, and contrary to what assholes
    think, this game isn't going anywhere and what they do in it doesn't actually fucking matter.

If the newb or the dummy bother me that much, I can always leave the group, or just try
    again without said person being there later on. Like I said, the game isn't going anywhere.
    There is literally nothing stopping me from doing content again with a "better" group later
    on.

So to TLDR, assholes are always present, and the best thing you can do is not be one yourself.

They are nothing compared to some of the vile posters in OT. You can actually have people rage at you for expressing optimism that the virus is slowing down. It's like watching people suffer makes them happy and they don't want things to improve.

I mind not new players, they're experiencing the game and what it has to offer for the first time.
    I mind not the bad players, they may not know better, they may not have the skill or time to learn it.
    I mind the lazy player, who refuses to perform and pull their weight, because they cannot be assed.

I will never get angry or mad at players who are either new to the game, or simply bad because they obviously don't know or understand something, or haven't had the time to get into a new class or spec. But I swear to god, I will get frustrated and annoyed, when there are people under performing like hell, who gets mad when I ask them, after the 4'th wipe on the first boss in Pit of Saron, to go behind the GODDAMN ROCKS so they don't DIE... Because they just don't care, I will flip them off and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    We all know that the higher up you go in what's called 'hardcore' gaming(raiding/pvp) the worse attitudes people get because they have it in their minds that whatever they're doing is important. Coupled with that they act worse because they think they're anonymous or that their actions do not affect a person's life in even a minuscule way.

I have several questions to ask. Why do the greater majority of people tolerate that behavior from a single individual regardless of their skill-level at the game? Why in the majority of communities not have at least one mature individual who rallies others to get the perpetrator(s) of hatred for whatever reason to change their attitude?

What usually happens is either subtle or outright toxicity back-in-forth without any real mediation. This isn't the case at the highest level because it appears that those people understand a bit of business and psychology.
    The toxicity comes very simply from PUGs. When you take a bunch of strangers who don't give a shit about each other then the environment will very naturally become toxic. Play with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    First off, if you’re talking about the WoW community, lets check out the latest and greatest top end Raiders, PVPers, and M+’ers at the tip top of the world: Method and Limit, they literally made jokes throughout progress and had a blast throughout the entire rough race to world first the took the world third guild pieces three whole days to catch up and not to mention these three guilds are better at this game than almost any sports team could ever fathom being at their sport on steroids+1000 years from now: all had a blast no shitters like what you’re saying OP.
    Way to ignore the fact that those players were among others like them. You should see how some of those players treat randoms in pugs. See the bigger picture, don't be so tunnel-visioned.

Next PVPers: watching blizzcon and tons of invitationals - people at the top having a blast on how dumb shit is with corruptions etc... still making tons of jokes having fun.. same goes for M+’s but a lot of time they are so worried about time their chats are about communication for those extremely quick dungeon pulls..
    The point I made above applies here too.

All I’m saying is, you’re looking at the game or games from a scrubknight perspective, when you meet real players people that love the game and are top level: they have fun doing it - the people that complain all day are a bunch of shitters that should of quit to go play some shit game like fucknite or whatever the zombie gen wankers are all playing.. if you dont like who you’re playing with: stop playing with them #2ndgradeMOMtalk
    Aaaaaaaand there goes all your self-control. But hey, you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    The most toxic players are actually the mid tier players.
    Just like in real life.

It's not that players are foul, it's that there isn't enough talking/discussing beforehand. There are some players that just want to play and how they perform isn't all that important to them. Then you have people that 100% care about how they perform and their mindset is focused on how they can progress and improve. The issue occurs when you put those two different demographics of players together. I personally try my hardest whenever I play WoW. If I'm in a m+, raid or w/e, I'll make sure I'll perform to the maximum that my spec/gear will allow me to.

I don't mind playing with people who don't care about their performance, but I'll be damned if I'll ever do challenging content with them or help them out with difficult content. If someone can't be bothered to read a guide or two on their spec, can't be bothered to learn keybindings and is unwilling to progress in skill, then I NEVER want to see them in any group content that can be considered challenging. That includes heroic raids and any keys above +10. If I'm playing with someone who is underperforming in a heroic raid or higher keystone, I'll suggest some ideas for what they could change. If their response is anything remotely close to "mind your own business" I'll swiftly ignore them and pray the RNG gods that I never come across them again. No need for profanity or slandering since that won't change anything.

That's just my preference though. If someone is underperforming drastically, they need to atleast acknowledge that it is 100% selfish to engage in challenging group content, especially when you know you underperform. Don't be a selfish asshole and bog down the rest of your group because of your incompetence. We're all equal and no one is more important than the other. That being said, pull your damn weight.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Some hired programmer that doesn't even play the game that well is probably getting "a better life" by writing weakauras or addons for top guilds than players themselves. "Intelligence" is not something you can just "use" to get "a better life", there is so many variables to get "a better life", that's why meritocracy doesn't work
    But that's what? 1% of them? Most play games, get high ranks, know how to program a few basic things but still not enough to earn a good salary. They stay miles away from their potential. Streamers, Blizzcon Arena winners, people who develop addons are probably less than 1% of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post

Aaaaaaaand there goes all your self-control. But hey, you tried.
    He isnt wrong you know.

I wrote a big wall of text to explain and decided against it cause well, you wouldnt read it anyway.

99% of the complains come from people that should not be playing this game at any time or period the last 15 years.

And the 1% of legit complains gets lost in the spam.

WoW is and will always be a gear chasing raiding sim to its core, if you dont understand the term, it literally means "You gear up to raid, to gear up more to raid, to gear up more to raid".

People seem to not understand this because WoW has added so many things to keep people paying for the sub over the years, that it has split it self into mini-games for an insane amount of irrelevant players.

Are they having fun?

Yes they are, but they are irrelevant on the actual game, unless they are actually playing the game as intended, aka raiding.

The problems appear as to with everything else, when that content eventually runs out, unless someone plays literally 2h/month, even pet battlers, transmog runners, true casuals and slow levelers, run out of THEIR content, and they complain.

You rarely see the better players complain, apart from either burn out, or balance issues.

And by better gamers i am not talking about click-baiting irrelevant youtubers or streamers.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-30 at 10:52 PM.

Most if not all of the toxicity I see and experience comes from people who are too concerned with what others do or don't do.

Mostly it boils down to if people are good or bad, like it even matters anymore.. or ever did.

+ it's the internet..
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2020-03-30 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    The most toxic players are actually the mid tier players.
    that's usually true
    They're also the ones who act like they're the top shit and everyone should bow down to them,and hide their lack of actual skill with aggressivity

Though there are still plenty of really special people at the highest levels too,especially those who actively stream.I guess they suddenly feel as if they were important and as if they mattered,and...well,you know how that goes

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You rarely see the better players complain
    They complain in their circle is why lol It's like management complaining to employees or NFL players complaining to fans.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020