Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Except as others have stated, it has been this way ever since Blizz did account wide features such as transmog, mount count, rep count, etc.
    Nope, as I said, I got echoes on my alts even though I didn't even log into my main.

Bug being called a featured for the sake of not having to fix it, classic move.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    ... you shouldn’t be getting them on your main anyway unless it’s missing a rank 3 one of your alts has.
    After looking I was able to get some heal ones but I could have sworn I unlocked everything. Does that mean you stop getting them once i grab the heals ones I'm missing?

Holy hell, it's official. The playerbase will bitch no matter what Blizzard does.

Recode it, submit your fix to Blizzard, and apply for a position.

Unless you're too big of a deal to apply to such an indie company. Though, if that's the case you might have to think to yourself, "hmmmmm all the other big brains like me can't be bothered with such a company....I guess that means if they don't have access to any big brain people like me they can't be expected to produce super top notch systems that behave exactly the way I want them to...I guess that means I'd be pretty silly for making whine posts on forums related to such things."

Both options are good; your pick.
    SorryNotSorry

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Nope, as I said, I got echoes on my alts even though I didn't even log into my main.

Bug being called a featured for the sake of not having to fix it, classic move.
    Yeah, somehow I doubt this as, so far as I am aware, you’re the only person that has made this claim.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    After looking I was able to get some heal ones but I could have sworn I unlocked everything. Does that mean you stop getting them once i grab the heals ones I'm missing?
    You'll only receive the Echos if there are essences you can buy with them that you don't have. Once you've bought the essences, you'll stop getting the Echos, until such a time as there's an essence you don't have(for example, if you get a new rank 3 essence on an alt you don't have on your main, your main will start getting Echos)
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Yea, I don't know why so many people are having issues with this conceptually. Easy system, for an easy way to catch up alts. Log on to your character(s) who have rank 3 essences so it can be flagged on your account all the rank 3 essences that will appear on MOTHER's vendor list.

How is this confusing?
    Here's the issue: you'd only know the "proper" way to unlock this system if you follow Twitter. There is a commonly occurring issue with WoW on many fronts, and that issue is that Blizz relies WAY too heavily on external sites/resources to communicate information that should be available in-game. Most of the player base doesn't follow fan sites, let alone the forums or Twitter. Expecting a system to roll out as intended by making assumptions that are nowhere likely to occur is an exercise in stupidity.

I honestly thought the system would be characters would start accruing this new currency if you didn't have all the rank 3 essences for that character, simple as that. However, the system is not as simple as that, even though it could be. Arguments against having to "prime" the echoes to start dropping isn't a crazy idea; just because it's the way it's always been doesn't mean it has to be or will be. All the account info is held on the server side anyways, having the system do a 1-time check for essences on your account isn't some earth-shattering concept that can only be done with future tech.

After reading through the wall of blue text again when it comes to the essences themselves, I can easily see how the rollout was screwed up: it's pretty evident that the development mindset is stagnant in one way of thinking. Doesn't mean the player base mentality is always right, it's just that there doesn't seem to be much diversity, questioning, or pushback from within their development team. This is especially evident when they go to reason out why they didn't make essences account-wide, as it completely ignores why players even care. The problem is that many essences are not only tied to "old content" grinds, but also essences are insanely powerful and necessary for a character to even function and perform well. Such a mentality disconnect is pretty common when your get so absorbed in your own bubble. Over time, all your decisions and thought processes comes from the basis that everyone else understands you or is a part of your bubble, and then you start implementing ideas that are bound to not go as planned because those assumptions are wrong. Blizz development is currently stuck in their own bubble, which is why they appear to disconnected from the players.

If anything, development team needs a helluva lot more exposure to the player base. We can tin-foil hat all day about QA/CM staff getting cut being the issue, but as things stand right now their decisions are indicative of an echo chamber of their own peers and ideas. If I had to hazard a guess from the wording/tone of the blue posts, Blizz is being insanely dogmatic to where reality keeps passing them by. Last of all, keep the solutions simple. Half the reason this got botched was because it was done in a fashion that is asking for problems by adding more systems instead of building up or adding to existing systems (KISS principle is very applicable here). For example, Blizz could've just added the essences to Wrathion and make them purchasable with mementos, completely negating the necessity of the "priming" of the system in order to obtain the purchasing currency and avoiding the addition of another currency altogether that'll just add up and be useless.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I am really sorry for the people who frequent these community forums to gather feedback for Blizzard. Then we wonder why tons of good class feedback gets lost...

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Here's the issue: you'd only know the "proper" way to unlock this system if you follow Twitter. There is a commonly occurring issue with WoW on many fronts, and that issue is that Blizz relies WAY too heavily on external sites/resources to communicate information that should be available in-game.
    It's on the launcher in a big red box so I didn't need to read any more to know you're completely ignorant.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    If you were a game designer I would not play your game. You state something as fact that I think it pretty dumb. I would not have a problem with someone disagreeing and saying that one con outweighs the other (that's reasonable), but to be completely incapable of conceding there is a downside is just really sad.

Your example of the pearls is fantastic and points to what I'm talking about. You can spend them no matter who you are. It is absolutely not a currency that you get that is inherently not usable. Thank you for furthering my point.

Lastly, IMO you should calm the fuck down. Nobody is pillaging your house and carrying off your children to the slave market.
    I'm calm my man. Because you think it, doesn't will it into existence. Hardly against my point...we all gain currencies that we will never use. Yes, we can spend them, but most of the time we never will. Echoes that are unused at the end of the expansion gets turned into gold just like other currencies at the end of the season. Furthermore, you may have a higher rank of an essence on another character rather than main. For example, a healer or tank alt that has the spec specific essences that you didn't work for on your main, or couldn't even. Yet, when you logged on your main with most of your essences, but didn't log on your alts with the spec specific ones...and you opened your chests on your main...well you're out a few hundred echoes.

So yeah, there is an upside - even if small - to give everyone the currency no matter what. But again, I thank you for your unwavering intelligence.

Truly, you're a man to be revered as a master debater. Or maybe you're a masterbai.....nevermind. Have a good day man and quit assuming so much followed up by some badly thought out insults

Umm so... I received this currency on my main. All other 120s I have are basically freshly leveled, none of them has any rank 3 essence.

I got 175 echoes for conquest cap and 300 for m15 week chest.

Is it a bug or did I not understand something?

EDIT: And now I received 50 echoes from emissary. Since reset I logged only on my main.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2020-03-18 at 08:37 AM.

Surely it's not a big deal, but in this case is also counterintuitive for people like me who rerolled after EP.

I play hunter now, and I had no will power to farm EP raid essence again, so I was looking forward to use my rogue's essence. I hope I can still get it even if I logged my main first, earlier today, as I haven't checked any fansite yesterday so I had no idea you had to "trigger" the system by logging the toon who owns the essence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You're awfully defensive assuming I was calling you a hater. Hmm. They're alts. They're not supposed to be as powerful as your mains. You've been given a catchup, which is more than I think is needed. You calling their reasoning irrational does not make it so. You losing interest in your alts because they're not equal to your main is a you problem, not a Blizzard problem. You dismissing every argument you get sent as "irrational" is simply you being just that.
    And how exactly are you different by saying my actions are irrational right after accusing me of doing the same to others. Well guess what, you still didn't produce a rational argument. "Your alts shouldn't be as powerful as your main" says who? If I have proper secondary stats and my ilvl of an alt is similar to my main (not considering corruption gear) should they not be similar in power? What if I had 10 other alts that are the same ilvl, should they not be as powerful as the next? Guess what I would do without r3 essences, a hint: The same exact stuff I'd do with them.

Blizzard themselves even stated in the blue post that people get sick of doing the same progression arcs over and over and over. So then they created a currency system in order to buy r3 essences on your alts, obviously as an alternative to the boring essence grind. Their justification for not making it account wide with zero conditions is that they didn't want to take progression away from players. That part has to be the biggest load of shit out of the entire thing. I've seen numerous threads of people pissed off, demanding r3 essences be account-wide. How many people have you seen raving about how amazing their essence grinds are? How about when they're grinding them on their 3rd/4th alt? I don't know anyone. If there was any consensus out there, it was a sigh of relieve once you finally obtained your r3 essence from a tedious grind (worldvein/blood).

And then you have the audacity to say I'm being irrational and not making any valid points when you've failed to produce one. You want to slander me as some WoW-hating-fanatic, but reality is, I too enjoy the game, possibly even more than you. But again, I'm not going to act like Blizzard is incapable of fucking up. By creating a currency system and not making r3 essences account wide from the get go (again this is a feature only just added last patch, nothing ingrained in the game), blizzard pretty much said "We heard you, but we're going to do it on our terms".

Just go back to the roots where there's a direct correlation between gear progression and how powerful your character becomes. I'd have to do about 33~ 5+ keystones just to get enough echoes for 1 r3 essence, so technically a little over 100 +5 keystones for just 3 on one character. I can gear up an alt in a single day by grinding keystones, but yet I'd have to wait weeks upon weeks in order to get all my essences. That's just considering one alt, so no, I think it's FAR from what's needed and so do others. Blizzard dropped the ball again, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yea blizzard definitely dropped the ball. The amount of grinding it takes to unlock r3 on an alt is too much. By the time I'm done grinding and have 3 r3 essences unlocked, I'll probably be burnt out and unable to enjoy my character that now has its full toolkit. The way I'm looking at it is that without access to rank 3 essences, you're pretty much playing with one hand behind your back since you don't have access to your full toolkit. Once you get your necessary r3 essences, it's like having that hand freed and you're now able to play the game with both hands. You don't get access to any new content or gain anything. By trying to meet in the middle and not hand out r3 essences to those that have earned it on atleast 1 character, they've failed to make anyone happy. I thought I'd return to WoW and get a few r3 essences on my alts that are 450+ ilvl w/ 3 or so r1 essences, but that won't be the case. My alts are still gimped and the possibility of unlocking 3 or so r3 essences on each one is still a huge time consumption.
    on what drugs are you on? i opend 2 boxes today for 450 echos did 1 emissary and had C&S on my Alt not sure what grind you are talking about
    I.O BFA Season 3

Are you dumb? Where have you been since MoP? Every time there's something that's made account-wide you need to log the character that unlocked the said thing initially, in MoP you didn't have your mounts/pets/achievements shared on alts until after you logged each character individually that earned each of those things specifically, same thing happened with Toys and Transmogs later when they got added. No shit you have to log on main first for this, it ain't anything different. How you could even think that the game can know what you have and what you don't have without first registering it is beyond me. That feature can't just randomly track your history because it didn't exist, the login is what activates the tracking.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2020-03-18 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    It's very easy to "fathom" someone writing a "if char_inventory == r3_essence_check()" but forgetting to include it in a loop that goes through all characters on the account :-) It's not beyond fathom.

It's pretty lulzy, especially when it goes through QA and is deployed in production, but hey, this kind of stupid shit actually happens in "serious production systems" and we're talking about a 15 year old videogame spaghetti-code incident here.

(actually it wouldn't surprise me at all if that kind of iteration was actually "impossible" to do with character loot events)
    It might be on purpose. Should they have a service going through all characters for all users to update their essence availability on their account, or should they just do a check when logging on a character? Seems like a lot simpler and cost-friendly way of doing it, even though optimal for the users. Maybe in the future, they will track ownership of a lot more different things of characters on the account level, even though they don't intend to make them account-bound initially.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    So it wont take too long to get those essences now, I still would have preferred them to REALLY make them accountwide though.

And, Im quite astonished how many defenders Blizzard has to every decision they take, its pretty cringy actually.
    I don't agree with Blizzard in every decision they make, but that's usually based on my personal preferences.
    Technically, I cannot really comment, other than that something that seems trivial from a user perspective, might actually be more complicated in the backend. I think you should be very proficient to claim that Blizzard don't know what they're doing and that they are idiots and shit like that I've seen in these posts. They are very professional, but people make mistakes, and it can be overlooked by QA. Every product we use rely on updates to keep them functional, stable and secure.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm not going to say you're lying, but I will say that I don't believe you. If what you're saying really happened, it was most likely a bug.

I, for one, got no echoes at all on my main, from M+ chest or Assaults, while my alts got their echoes from assaults and M+ chest.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact it's a bug didn't even cross your mind?

Irony at its best.
    Nope, they should say it is a bug and they are working on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Nope, they should say it is a bug and they are working on it.
    If it is proven it's a bug and not the poster "misrepresenting the truth", sure. Because this wouldn't be the first time someone "makes up facts" just to shit on Blizzard.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It might be on purpose. Should they have a service going through all characters for all users to update their essence availability on their account, or should they just do a check when logging on a character? Seems like a lot simpler and cost-friendly way of doing it, even though optimal for the users. Maybe in the future, they will track ownership of a lot more different things of characters on the account level, even though they don't intend to make them account-bound initially.
    This, it is a lot easier for them to only send the request when the player logs onto a character. If they sent them all at once you would probably have server crashes/slowdowns. I don't know why this is really a complaint, though they should make it more obvious for players who don't read forums/patch notes.