Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Epic! Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Aren't old gods at war with the void lords? Maybe he wants to protect us from them.
    No they serve the Void Lords. The Void Lords can't manifest themselves physically for any long period of time, thus use Old Gods as their corrupting weapons to birth a Dark Titan, more like a black hole.

    On topic, i think all they really mean is "Yo we will be revisiting the void don't worry". Yeah N'zoth lost, but that doesn't mean the Void Lords are done with us, who knows how many more Old Gods they can fling at us. Hell they may be able to just recreate a new version of N'zoth anyways.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,066
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont you know yet ? Sylvanas will have her redemption arc Ilidan style with her saving azeroth from void/light in 10.0 after gathering strength to fight them in 9.0 :P

    its pretty obvious where this is leading with their "lets retcon everything" approach
    I mean, mentioning Illidan hurt your point. Because the point of Illidan's story arc in Legion was precisely that there can be no chosen one, because only all mortals together can save themselves (which was already the message of WC3).

    Illidan had a lot more similarities with Kerrigan than Sylvanas, and everyone thought he would become Kerrigan 2.0, because Blizzard hammered down through Xe'ra that he was special, he was born unique, he was the coolest guy... and then they completely twist it by having Illidan reject the prophecy to forge his own destiny.

    So to then have Sylvanas be Kerrigan 2.0 would basically shit on Illidan's story in Legion. Nah, people just need to understand Warcraft is not Starcraft. There are no chosen ones here. And if Sylvanas somehow has a change of heart at the end (doubt it, because she's so twisted), she won't become the goddess of the universe like Kerrigan.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont you know yet ? Sylvanas will have her redemption arc Ilidan style with her saving azeroth from void/light in 10.0 after gathering strength to fight them in 9.0 :P

    its pretty obvious where this is leading with their "lets retcon everything" approach

    - - - Updated - - -



    Arthras has a fatal flaw in his plot armour . he didnt have tiddies . big bouncing tiddies.

    thats what killed him
    I highly doubt a redemption is coming for sylvanas,you cant be redemed after burning who knows how many children alive,unless they come up with some mind control bullshit,illidan atleast we didnt see him directly comand any otrocities

  4. #24
    LoL after the Darnassus "nah, she just got angry that's why she burnt it" fiasco people still think the writers give a F ?
    That's cute

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not happening. They set up Kerrigan's redemption 5 years before that happened, by literally stating in-universe that she was the only hope for salvation. Meanwhile with Sylvanas they have proved again and again in the story that she is completely twisted and crazy.
    Void is scared of Sylvanas.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem positive.

    They didn't lie about Garrosh. You, and others, misunderstanding / refusing to understand (?) what they've said in the past compared to now doesn't mean they lie.

    You already know this, though. May I ask what the wanted outcome is for your continuous negative spewing on these forums, where you keep calling Blizzard liars? What's the goal?
    Yeah, because when a senior game producer was going on at the start of the expansion on how Sylvanas won't be following Garrosh's footsteps that gels so well with Danuser admitting they made Sylvanas Garrosh 2.0 with slight alterations.


    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You can't even make the argument that Jailer twisted her into having negative thoughts about life and hope, like Amon did with Kerrigan. Because Sylvanas met the Jailer precisely because she was already evil and went to Hell.
    So being evil equals having negative thoughts about life and hope now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,066
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I highly doubt a redemption is coming for sylvanas,you cant be redemed after burning who knows how many children alive,unless they come up with some mind control bullshit,illidan atleast we didnt see him directly comand any otrocities
    Well they pretty much admitted that Sylvanas burned Teldrassil for selfish reason, they didn't even pull the BS card that "She was destroying a formerly corrupted tree so actually doing a favour to Azeroth"; thus it's pretty obvious they are not planning to redeem her.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  8. #28
    Old God Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    10,326
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Void is scared of Sylvanas.
    its not, this is too much projection from that brief moment in the comic

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, mentioning Illidan hurt your point. Because the point of Illidan's story arc in Legion was precisely that there can be no chosen one, because only all mortals together can save themselves (which was already the message of WC3).

    Illidan had a lot more similarities with Kerrigan than Sylvanas, and everyone thought he would become Kerrigan 2.0, because Blizzard hammered down through Xe'ra that he was special, he was born unique, he was the coolest guy... and then they completely twist it by having Illidan reject the prophecy to forge his own destiny.
    Except there was no twist. Illidan still ended his expansion arc with becoming the jailer of Sargeras, safeguarding the safety of the entire universe. He's just not the very specific kind of a chosen one that Xe'ra wanted him to be. Blizzard in it's infinite incompetence didn't avert him becoming a chosen one like they wanted to pretend with the cinematic and instead only ended up lampshading the shit out of that.


    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I highly doubt a redemption is coming for sylvanas,you cant be redemed after burning who knows how many children alive,unless they come up with some mind control bullshit,illidan atleast we didnt see him directly comand any otrocities
    Kerrigan slaughtered billions as the Queen of Blades even though by her own admission after getting de-zergified she was in control after Overmind's death. And she became a goddess as a reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  10. #30
    Having your soul torn apart in the Maw I would assume.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

  11. #31
    I am Murloc! Varodoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    5,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its not, this is too much projection from that brief moment in the comic
    Especially since in that same comic the Void also freaked out when it saw Turalyon.

    Plus Sylvanas gets her powers from the Jailer, so if anything it's the Jailer who has more chances to become Kerrigan 2.0 if that was the argument he wanted to make.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post
    "While the Light can only conceive of one true path, the Void sees endless possibilities. Strategically, the Old Gods always have plans within plans, waiting for one door to close so another can open. To believe there can only be a single outcome to the struggle against N'Zoth would be to ignore the lessons he was trying to teach us."


    "Only I can save you from what is to come"

    So what do you think is to come?
    Whatever a random retard think is cool sudenly.
    That's how they work since vanilla.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why should we argue with someone who will never say anything bad about Blizzard?
    I've been critical towards Blizzard several times and have given constructive criticism on several occasions. Why would I say anything bad about, well, anything? That's useless.

    Interesting that you used the word "argue".

  14. #34
    The light will invade at one point, is my guess and the near future the shenanigans in the shadowlands, so overall pretty standard meaningless stuff, since blizz will write it all as shallow as possible.

  15. #35
    More on topic, the quote is like most of the Old God related ones. Vague as a fortune cookie, designed for players to agonize over, and able to be fulfilled by nearly anything. This specific quote is likely related to them going 90s comics how the Light is bad too, never minding that destroys a great deal of their former lore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not happening. They set up Kerrigan's redemption 5 years before that happened, by literally stating in-universe that she was the only hope for salvation. Meanwhile with Sylvanas they have proved again and again in the story that she is completely twisted and crazy.

    Also completely different characters. People compare them just because they are hot bitches, while ignoring that Kerrigan wanted to earn redemption and was mind-controlled, while Sylvanas willingly chose evil and went to Hell because of it. Sylvanas is the classic example of a negative character arc. She has become a nihilist who believes it is foolish to cling to life and hope, so she wants to kill everyone. She is beyond redemption.
    You underestimate the power of the otaku writer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem positive.
    And here we go.

    They didn't lie about Garrosh. You, and others, misunderstanding / refusing to understand (?) what they've said in the past compared to now doesn't mean they lie.
    "Sylvanas will not be Garrosh 2.0." "Sylvanas is deliberately Garrosh, with her own twist on it." Please, enlighten me how these two are actually NOT contradictory statements, since I'm clearly incapable of understanding it. Never was good at double-think.

    You already know this, though. May I ask what the wanted outcome is for your continuous negative spewing on these forums, where you keep calling Blizzard liars? What's the goal?
    Ah, there it is, the meme of "if you don't like it, leave". Tell me, what's the goal of any post here, since this forum is NOT an official channel? Expressing an opinion, you say? Sorry you don't care for an opinion that isn't cheerleading WoW sinking to new lows by recycling entire plotlines.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-03-18 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why should we argue with someone who will never say anything bad about Blizzard?
    Irony.. Some here only have a wow bash post history. See? It goes both ways!

  17. #37
    Old God Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    10,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, mentioning Illidan hurt your point. Because the point of Illidan's story arc in Legion was precisely that there can be no chosen one, because only all mortals together can save themselves (which was already the message of WC3)..
    that is where the nuances come, he story arc will come precisely to say there can be a chosen one and she can save us all

  18. #38
    That anwser just made me cringe so bad.

    More like we lnow we fucked up so lets just make it as vague as possible so the nerdd on mmo champion will continue to speculate. The truth is.. most people are fed up with the bad story tellibg wow is in general.

    We all hope there is more to it.. in reality its nothing more then it is right now.

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral Evaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,191
    I mean...its pretty obvious N'zoth has a bigger plan here, you had to not be paying attention to the questline of 8.3 or any dialogue, we did exactly as he wanted, but to what end? That's up to speculation and debate
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-03-18 at 05:29 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I'm expecting Sylvie Kerrigan, even more so than before.
    I'm going in the complete opposite direction and will speculate that Shadowlands (at least as far as Sylvanas is concerned) will be about recruiting Arthas, who then as "redemption" puts Sylvanas out of her misery as she is the last "loose end" tied to Arthas that has continued to cause havoc.

    "After all you put this world through, Sylvanas, i'll finally give you the peace of death".

    Like, Sylvanas is emotionally unstable and if there is any person who could possibly push every button that Sylvanas has, it's Arthas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •