Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    After the Danuser interview in which he thinks they did well, admits they lied through their teeth about the Garrosh comparison, and promises more of the same? I'm expecting Sylvie Kerrigan, even more so than before.
    I agree.

They didn't exactly lie per-se though, they just really stretched what they did say to it's limits. They said, "Sylvanas isn't going to be Garrosh 2.0" which to them meant "It isn't going to end in the exact same way." while the players took it to mean "The story is going to be actually different." It wasn't, at all though.

The stories played out 100% the same, the only thing that's different so far is she didn't get caught and brought to trial. We'll see how it plays out in Shadowlands, but short of her being killed outright or them giving her a redemption arc (basically shitting on any logic and reason to do so) the stories will have been the exact same.

Hell, they could go all in and Vol'jin could, as a spirit given form in the Shadowlands, be the one to hunt her down and finish her off "to correct the mistakes he made."

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That wont happen for the sole reason that Blizzard HQ is in California.
    What does this mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Void is scared of Sylvanas.
    planet destroying entities scared of back flipping archers?

on topic:
    It sounds a bit towards what illidan said
    "there can be no chosen one. only we can save ourselves"

vs Nzoth
    "Only I can save you from what is to come"

lets take for a bit that we do side with Nzoth. What happens? Azeroth gets consumed? Do we become faceless? If yes, then I guess just as the void entities like Nzoth, Yogg and all, do we also move "they do not live, they do not die, they are outside the cycle" as herald voljaz said in Ahn'Kahet? If that does happen, then honestly the shadowlands will die out due to no anima heading its way EVER and Sylvanas' plan of feeding the maw will also be done. There is proof of undying faceless, from the Yogg Saron fight, in the case of p3 when immortal guardians spawn and their health can only be reduced to 1.

But the problem with that is, sure Sylvanas' and the Jailer lose their goal, but we donot know the extent of what Nzoth will do and we do not know the complete plan of sylvanas. We can definitely allude to either of them based on the quote from Wrathion in the chamber of the heart about how there is a beauty to feeling the sun due to the curse of (gift of from void followers) flesh, but thats not the complete truth of it when its let to grow uncontrollably (which it wants to do). Similarly sylvanas' recent actions have only pointed one way, evil (feeding souls of friends and foe alike to the maw knowingly for a power increase, killing civilians etc etc).
    Last edited by Minikin; 2020-03-18 at 06:30 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    More on topic, the quote is like most of the Old God related ones. Vague as a fortune cookie, designed for players to agonize over, and able to be fulfilled by nearly anything. This specific quote is likely related to them going 90s comics how the Light is bad too, never minding that destroys a great deal of their former lore.

You underestimate the power of the otaku writer.

- - - Updated - - -

And here we go.

"Sylvanas will not be Garrosh 2.0." "Sylvanas is deliberately Garrosh, with her own twist on it." Please, enlighten me how these two are actually NOT contradictory statements, since I'm clearly incapable of understanding it. Never was good at double-think.

Ah, there it is, the meme of "if you don't like it, leave". Tell me, what's the goal of any post here, since this forum is NOT an official channel? Expressing an opinion, you say? Sorry you don't care for an opinion that isn't cheerleading WoW sinking to new lows by recycling entire plotlines.
    Contradictory statements? Absolutely. I'm not sure you quite understand what it actually means to "lie", though. There's an intent behind it. And claiming a company lies the way you do is actually a pretty fucking serious allegation.

If you really believe that they lie, and you can prove they've lied, then you can destroy the company if you wanted to and if you have the necessary resources.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm going in the complete opposite direction and will speculate that Shadowlands (at least as far as Sylvanas is concerned) will be about recruiting Arthas, who then as "redemption" puts Sylvanas out of her misery as she is the last "loose end" tied to Arthas that has continued to cause havoc.

"After all you put this world through, Sylvanas, i'll finally give you the peace of death".

Like, Sylvanas is emotionally unstable and if there is any person who could possibly push every button that Sylvanas has, it's Arthas.
    That sounds more reasonable. If there's anyone in Warcraft who is similar to Kerrigan, it's Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Contradictory statements? Absolutely. I'm not sure you quite understand what it actually means to "lie", though. There's an intent behind it. And claiming a company lies the way you do is actually a pretty fucking serious allegation.

If you really believe that they lie, and you can prove they've lied, then you can destroy the company if you wanted to and if you have the necessary resources.
    Ah, so if they say something and later prove their earlier statement was false, but they didn't MEAN to lie, it's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by alex wolf View Post
    What does this mean?
    Something about whining about SJWs most likely.

OT: Who knows honestly? The story hasn't been too good lately and it's hard to keep consistency with them.

What does this mean?
    It means @Verdugo thinks you need to be a leftist to realize what a disgusting narrative that would be.

It would be like a psychopath's wet dream: they get to play out all their sick fantasies on someone, abuse them to the point that they break and start doing fucked up things themselves, then all they have to do is murder their former victim and everyone will praise them like they're some sort of hero. I question the sanity of anyone who thinks that would be a good story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    ? Do you really think it's out of Blizzard's reach to pull a "Sylvanas got mind-controlled from the moment she got impaled on Saronite's spike" ?

That'd be disappointing, far-fetched and unimaginative, hence why I totally believe they can pull this kind of shit in Shadowlands. With a totally unexpected end-of-expansion quote such as "The Cycle is broken!" [Night Elves cheering in front of her].
    No, there isn't going to be a Sylvanas redemption. She isn't being controlled, hence all the inner monologues and such we've gotten from her. She's a victim (of Arthas obv) that has gone on to create thousands of victims herself. Like Varodoc said, she's become a nihilist and she is past the point of no return. Way past.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so if they say something and later prove their earlier statement was false, but they didn't MEAN to lie, it's ok.
    A lot of people here don't understand the definition of the word 'lie'.

Stories change, plans change. If I say "hey lets get together and have lunch at Pizza Hut" but we end up going to Domino's instead... that doesn't make me a liar. It means plans changed.

And however bitter this pill is to swallow, WoW is Blizzard's game and Blizzard's story and they are entitled to change it however they please. They are in control of the narrative and if they decide that something works better for what they're trying to do, that's their right.

But hey, keep telling yourselves that they 'lied' about Sylvanas.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

admits they lied through their teeth about the Garrosh comparison
    Not the first time since this expansion started. They've been doing it the whole expansion with "this is about a faction war" and "Sylvanas isn't burning Teldrassil". It shouldn't be surprising anymore that the writers are all liars who can't come up with a single decent plot without having to cop out to old plots and try to rehash them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Not the first time since this expansion started. They've been doing it the whole expansion with "this is about a faction war" and "Sylvanas isn't burning Teldrassil". It shouldn't be surprising anymore that the writers are all liars who can't come up with a single decent plot without having to cop out to old plots and try to rehash them.
    When did they say Sylvanas wasn't the one who burned Teldrassil?

Genuinely curious, because it was obvious she was behind Teldrassil (since she did the same thing, but in a smaller scale, to Gilneas and Southshore a few years prior), so I would find a genuine interest to Blizzard stating that she is not the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It means @Verdugo thinks you need to be a leftist to realize what a disgusting narrative that would be.

It would be like a psychopath's wet dream: they get to play out all their sick fantasies on someone, abuse them to the point that they break and start doing fucked up things themselves, then all they have to do is murder their former victim and everyone will praise them like they're some sort of hero. I question the sanity of anyone who thinks that would be a good story.
    Damn incels really do just wanna murder women ig

That lummock writing the wow story is a huge fetishist of sylvanas so whatever he comes up with will be vomit inducing and a disgrace.

Should N'Zoth return. How do you think it will happen?

5+ Year Old Account
    What does this mean?
    They won't allow a Strong, Independent Woman™ to eat dirt in such a straightforward manner, least of all at the hands of a male.

Actually, I'm expecting something lame, something like "Sylvanas is possessed by the Jailor, but Arthas helps the PC in order to weaken his (the Jailor's) grip on her, because tHe vOiD Is aFRaId oF HeR".

This way, Sylvanas gets to remain a full fledged Mary Sue, including being "the chosen one"... Just not the evil kind anymore, and Arthas gets a mini-redemption arc as well - Blizzard loves that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Oh brother, brace yourself, as all them "DuuuD iF yoU dnT LiKe WuW gTFo,,. ths CMniTY FcakkinG SckS a$ brUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" rainbow lovers will be getting all over you anytime soon now...

Infracted.
    Thatn's for the heads up. But I have a feeling that those who enjoy BFA story are in extreme minority these days.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I mean...its pretty obvious N'zoth has a bigger plan here, you had to not be paying attention to the questline of 8.3 or any dialogue, we did exactly as he wanted, but to what end? That's up to speculation and debate
    Nah I dont buy this at all. Thry fucked up, so they are saying this to give hope to some people.
    Just for speculate purposes and to have him return for what ever reason.. he should have been dead at th end of 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SardaukarMikhail View Post
    Should N'Zoth return. How do you think it will happen?
    I mean its stupid... we went to freaking nyalotha afther years of speculation.. we are here in hes lair. Killin him IN hes realm. Blizz heard us many people are unhappy with the ending, trying to save themselves by saying MAYBE HES NOT DEAD!!

Ye not buying it.

They already said that Sylvanas made an alliance with the Jailer. No one is controlling anyone.

But hey, it's easier to just yell "OMG SJWs!!!"

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Old Gods return to the Void when they die in a physical realm, Blizzard could easily make it so that they return a la Legion. Maybe they will manifest in a different way. They might come back more humanoid than Lovecraftian, like Xalatath. A different take on the void should happen imo, after all the Faceless/A'qir/K'thir/Mantid etc. They should make the Void entities darker and shadowy, and some of them less "sapient".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    while ignoring that Kerrigan wanted to earn redemption and was mind-controlled, while Sylvanas willingly chose evil and went to Hell because of it.
    it is u who is ignoring that Sylvanas also started enslaved by LK, and that Kerrigan after overlord death still happily slaughtered billions of ppl in her rise to power to lead all the zerg forces, they even stated it was ~ 4 billion terran alone, not counting the protoss she f8cked to become the queen of zergs
    The 'only' setup that she had regrets was when one single human female was tortured and she just killed her, and even that was because she reminded her of her old human self, not really strong idea pre-sc2 era to show she 'seeks redemption' in any form

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I agree.

They didn't exactly lie per-se though, they just really stretched what they did say to it's limits.
    did u forget that they said that Sylvanas isn't evil and she is MORALLY GREY character?
    that's a flat out lie
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power