Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nice trying to spin the narrative to your will. The buff isn't to entice people to play the game or anything. The buff is there as an added bonus because they know people will be stuck at home and probably playing. With the buff this gives people an alternative on things to do other than level cap stuff. But hey, it's just easier to bash things than to think logically.
    It baffles me that people can be that cynical, but still hang around the forums/post about the game that they supposedly hate so much. I guess its a form of obsession or something, but if I hated WoW as much as some of these people claim to, the last thing I would do is spend my life whining about it on a forum.

I'd find another game to play and move on with my life.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    "Reeeeee I hate WoW, surely everyone else does as well lol game is dead"
    This game will never be dead, there are many people like myself that have 15 years invested in this damn game and its hard to just walk away from all that effort and play time and move to something else. We just want the game to be good again, I wish the game would be great like it used to be. But every Xpac since MOP has caused me to Unsub earlier and earlier this xpac held me in the game for 3 weeks, the last was about 3 months, and before that it was about 5 months. I never unsubbed before WOD, I had the 6 month sub from Vanilla-MOP. Now I just cant stand to play the game outside classic, and even that just cant hold me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    This is the BNET queue, not Wow. This is for every game + a handful of Activisions.
    And yet the queue hasn't really been a thing lately, until this 100% buff was added.

I guess the increased WoW experience got more people playing Call of Duty? #mmologic
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nice trying to spin the narrative to your will. The buff isn't to entice people to play the game or anything. The buff is there as an added bonus because they know people will be stuck at home and probably playing. With the buff this gives people an alternative on things to do other than level cap stuff. But hey, it's just easier to bash things than to think logically.
    I mean, you are also spinning it. People already had that alternative, everyone's free to levelup whatever characters they want without the buff.

Blizzard doing a capitalist move to profit from people being quarantined and improve revenue is not that surprising, and to be fair not that wrong either (in this particular way at least).

The buff definitely is supposed to entice people to play, not just out of the goodness of their corporate hearts and to enjoy seeing people leveling up. On a corporate level Blizzard doesn't give a damn whether you're busy with leveling, endgame content, erp-ing in Goldshire Inn or just afking in town, as long as you're paying that subscription (and maybe ocasionally dropping some extra money on store items).

The wrong part is alleging they are doing it because WoW is doing bad, and not simply to increase profit (ie: They'd still have promotions like this even if they had 20M subscribers, because what's a lot of money when you can have all the money). Also because recently they need all the good PR they can get.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet the queue hasn't really been a thing lately, until this 100% buff was added.

I guess the increased WoW experience got more people playing Call of Duty? #mmologic

Take from that what you will.

I would think it is almost exclusively related to the progression of Covid-19 and more people getting quarantined every day, rather than a 100% exp boost in WoW. But that's just as post hoc, to be fair.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-03-23 at 03:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like to break that out from time to time myself. Had a lot of fun modding it and I enjoyed building settlements.
    Same here. The ridiculous amount of time I will spend trying to get a settlement "just right", buildings and settlers.... almost a guilty pleasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Same here. The ridiculous amount of time I will spend trying to get a settlement "just right", buildings and settlers.... almost a guilty pleasure.
    YES. You understand me!

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This game will never be dead, there are many people like myself that have 15 years invested in this damn game and its hard to just walk away from all that effort and play time and move to something else. We just want the game to be good again, I wish the game would be great like it used to be. But every Xpac since MOP has caused me to Unsub earlier and earlier this xpac held me in the game for 3 weeks, the last was about 3 months, and before that it was about 5 months. I never unsubbed before WOD, I had the 6 month sub from Vanilla-MOP. Now I just cant stand to play the game outside classic, and even that just cant hold me.
    Interesting to hear that people play only because they feel attached and invested too much in the game.

I played for 13 years, and if they decided to shut down servers tonight, I wouldn't even bat an eye, and I actually enjoy the game.

I mean, my point is, don't care how much time I've put into WoW, I don't value it as some kind of an investment and I'm surprised that some people actually do to the point that it's the only reason they still play.

OP, tried to help you out. Been unable to play WoW these past 2 weeks being overwhelmed by work taking extra work load after all the lay offs.

Didn't even have time to login to collect my now expired AH'ings, including a number of TCG pets and mounts.

My sacrifice cost me millions of gold to help you out!

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Account wide essences must be a big draw
    And the 100% exp boost during timewalking week haha.

Downside is all the kids playing now schools are shut in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    -snip-
    That giant climb for CoD was when Warzone was released correct? Or am I getting that wrong?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That giant climb for CoD was when Warzone was released correct? Or am I getting that wrong?
    That's right, it was released March 10th which matches that big peak.

We can 100% say it's not classic atleast, that game is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    That's right, it was released March 10th which matches that big peak.
    Neat. I wonder how that compares to other CoD "releases", since it's not an actual full game but a game mode.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

And yet the 100% buff was not a thing until everyone was told to stay the fuck at home.

I guess staying at home got more people playing video games.

Corona=everyone stay home and play WoW! Hail Ion!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Neat. I wonder how that compares to other CoD "releases", since it's not an actual full game but a game mode.
    Not as high as previous yearly releases, at least so far:
    https://trends.google.pt/trends/expl...%2Fm%2F026wy8d

It can still go up, but in the end Battle Royale is a bloated genre with loads of competition including massive games with already established playerbases.
    Fortnite is for Battle Royale what WoW was for MMORPGs and LoL for MOBAs, and I doubt any new game will take its place in the genre. Whatever takes Fortnite's place as the "trendy game" will likely be in a different genre that becomes trendy.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-03-23 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The funniest thing about it is that there are some people claiming the game is dead and no one is playing it anymore.

I'm actually quite surprised no one suggested that it's blizzard making up fake queues to pretend the game is popular
    There's always someone saying that Blizzard is faking good PR just to look good.

CV has nothing to do with it. If the game sucked people wouldn't play it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Reeeeee I hate WoW, surely everyone else does as well lol game is dead"
    It's called quitters remorse. People feel bad about quitting and have to justify to others that they should also quit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    OP, tried to help you out. Been unable to play WoW these past 2 weeks being overwhelmed by work taking extra work load after all the lay offs.

Didn't even have time to login to collect my now expired AH'ings, including a number of TCG pets and mounts.

My sacrifice cost me millions of gold to help you out!
    Why come to the internet just to lie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And yet the 100% buff was not a thing until everyone was told to stay the fuck at home.

I guess staying at home got more people playing video games.
    The stay-at-home/self-distancing stuff has been in effect for a few weeks actually, depending on where you are. And nobody was arguing that it was 'a thing' before then, just that the buff coincided with the re-appearance of queue's to get into Battlenet/WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    i stopped being baffled when blizzard put out that charity pet and ppl found fault even with that.
    Pretty much. "lol tax break for actiblizz nazis"

Stupid people gonna stupid, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    When you have to give out 100% bonus exp gains just to get people to login to your shitty game, I can see why people would think that.
    Imagine still hanging around on a forum for a "shitty game".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..