Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Maybe just have the state add it directly to the unemployment insurance, and if they find they sent 2 checks to a person, take it from their fed income tax during 20 and 21 tax season.
    That seems very fair, and would ensure people receive the money. The only catch would be those getting laid off now may have a waiting period before they are put on Unemployment Insurance. I know there is fact finding a paper work that can cause delays. Hopefully no delays would extend passed the time the checks are sent.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If my Mrs and I both get the $1,200. We will finish paying off my car loan as I only have $2,800 left on it. That would allow me to divert the car loan money to my student loan to get that paid off sooner. All in all, it would get me much closer to being debt free.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not have any debt, or anything you can put the money towards that could improve your financial security?

I mean, you might be well off already and not even need the check, just asking.
    I'm currently finishing school online. Hopefully, be employed for the next school year. You never know if we might need the rest for something else.

Join the master 4K PC race !

Most likely save and use it when needed.

Put it away into a new account and keep it until the next tax season comes up, if I have to pay it back then I'll be ready to do so. Then I'll use it for basic things.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Put it away into a new account and keep it until the next tax season comes up, if I have to pay it back then I'll be ready to do so. Then I'll use it for basic things.
    it's my understanding that it isn't going to be taxable. Unless there's new information that says differently.
    There is blood on the path I walk.

Put a stop to the Democrat cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That seems very fair, and would ensure people receive the money. The only catch would be those getting laid off now may have a waiting period before they are put on Unemployment Insurance. I know there is fact finding a paper work that can cause delays. Hopefully no delays would extend passed the time the checks are sent.
    Well I believe most states are waving the waiting period if you are effected because of the virus. I know my state has.

It might be 3-4 weeks before you get a check, but it will be the full balance from the day you submitted (3-4 weeks worth)
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

It will likely sit in my savings account, though I am tempted to buy a decent VR setup for Half Life Alyx.

business will just lay off people to make up the difference so probably savings.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    business will just lay off people to make up the difference so probably savings.
    Okay but we can't and shouldn't want businesses to employ more people then they want or need. The focus should always be on creating new businesses and services and not trying to preserve the jobs that exist right now.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-03-30 at 03:22 AM.
    -------
    Logical Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to pre-determine the future.

well nevermind looks like i won't get it since i don't file so i don't make enough to be required to file. just what i thought check is only for certain people. people like me get nothing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

well nevermind looks like i won't get it since i don't file so i don't make enough to be required to file. just what i thought check is only for certain people. people like me get nothing.
    You can still file for 2019 even if you have very low income. You may even apply for credits and refunds on top of the $1200, depending on your situation. Doesn't hurt to check.

"required to file"

You are not required to file, but you CAN file and should.

There is no bottom requirement in income that I see in the bill so you should file your 2019 taxes to get the check.
    if you don't get the check in 2019 you can use it for a refund in 2020 taxes even if you did not make enough to file too.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

I plan on spending it on the penalty I'll be getting hit with for not having health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I plan on spending it on the penalty I'll be getting hit with for not having health insurance.
    there is no penalty…for tax year 2019 and 2020.
    signed into law dec 2017..to be in effect 1.1.2019

unless you are in those couple states that have something...like MA

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    there is no penalty…for tax year 2019 and 2020. signed into law dec 2017..to be in effect 1.1.2019

unless you are in those couple states that have something...like MA
    New Jersey...fucking NJ...

New Jersey...fucking NJ...
    just claim religious hardship exemption
    seems very loose and very easy.

https://nj.gov/treasury/njhealthinsu...emptions.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    just claim religious hardship exemption seems very loose and very easy.

https://nj.gov/treasury/njhealthinsu...emptions.shtml
    No comment...a friend is helping me out...
    But thanks!

No comment...a friend is helping me out...
    But thanks!
    just build a barn in the backyard using just your hands...poof instant exemption my Amish friend!!!

or you can be an anti-vaxxer and claim your own religion. I think there was at least one or two that actually got certification so they could get federal exemption from states that were forcing them to vaccinate their kids for school.

What I wonder though... why would you want not to be insured?

Was direct deposited today.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect