Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The chances of Shadowlands being canceled are worse then the doomsayers stopping being on hyperbole all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought alpha already out, just closed alpha?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Has Blizzard finally given up?
    Yes, they decided they don't need all that money.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    First encrypted build was like month ago. For comparison, first encrypted build for BfA was mid-December, datamineable build late January, and Alpha started around 5th February (don't remember exact day).

So far schedule points at October/November release, but of course it may be pushed to early 2021 if pandemic gets even more serious.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-03-19 at 08:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    No.
    If alpha was already out they'd have announced it ages ago.

Not to mention that the dataminers would've shredded it to pieces.

Formerly known as Arafal

OP's the sort of guy to buy way too much toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has Blizzard finally given up? What are the chances that Blizzard has cancelled or severely postponed Shadowlands? Seems like the ship has been abandoned at this point.
    Are you serious?
    First of all, still half a month for the end of March...
    Second, that would be rather early, I´d expect April the earliest, mid April.
    Third... Check what´s going on around the world? That is definitely going to delay Shadowlands a couple of months at best.

As much as I loathe bfa and it’s system prefer they take their time on cause A) they set the bar really high this time and B) “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad” -Shigeru Miyamoto

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No.
    If alpha was already out they'd have announced it ages ago.

Not to mention that the dataminers would've shredded it to pieces.
    Only if it was a public alpha. They're likely running a closed private alpha for he QA team/friends and family

I hate to say it, but the late patches of BFA proved that they now have the will and the way to keep builds (or at least selected details of said builds) from the datamining circuit that, if we're being blunt, we don't have a right to. Yes, I know it postpones hype, but if you're gonna play shadowlands (and most of us will), reasonable people are not gonna change their mind based on... not having access to an alpha that we have no entitlement to access. Beta may be the earliest we see this. At all. And we don't really have a leg to stand on to "demand" alpha access except understandably sour grapes based on precedent.

So it will potentially "feel longer" if they keep us out (even on a datamining axis) until beta. That's not impossible.

Has Blizzard finally given up? What are the chances that Blizzard has cancelled or severely postponed Shadowlands? Seems like the ship has been abandoned at this point.
    Um, with 12 days left of the month how is that the end of the month? stop being such a drama queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    People might want to check OPs post history. Clearly a troll account.

Anyway, not end of March yet. Confirmed release in 2020.
    Hi

- They've been in closed Alpha for awhile now with the encrypted builds.
    - Beta will probably be in Summer.
    - It's not like they'll listen to feedback anyway unless enough people make a huge stink about it, so who cares?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Jesus christ the entitlement for some datamining is seriously killing some people on this site

Coronavirus, relax. Companies, even Blizzard are probably still adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Coronavirus, relax. Companies, even Blizzard are probably still adjusting.
    This. Even if the Alpha / Beta was to be released soon, this can affect it quite a bit.

It's in Alpha. Just not an open one like the closed beta test.

There is Alpha, but it's closed this time, as it should be. Cuz it's not Alpha, if even I can get access to it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Yeah they have totally cancelled shadowlands thats why they keep updating the alpha client.

Hopefully, it's ready when it's ready and not rushed out.

beta for BFA started on 24th of april, and that was aiming (and hit) for mid august release...
    you think its the end of the world bcs game that should be released couple months later is not in beta couple months sooner?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    As much as I loathe bfa and it’s system prefer they take their time on cause A) they set the bar really high this time and B) “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad” -Shigeru Miyamoto
    thats a horrible idea specialy when it comes to MMORPG, that have constant flow of updates...
    but even for any other game, i think we dont have to dig deep in our memory and we will find dozens of games that were delayed yet still shit (w3:refunded comes to mind) and even some games that were rushed yet still great (jedi fallen order is one imo)