Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    With it's new PVE modes, Overwatch 2 seems like a perfect replacement, since I suspect wow is not putting any breaks on releasing the content that is either broken, cold, depressing, or in apocalyptic post-war ruins.

Not even entertaining myself to thought of playing it, if this turns out to be a major scourge expansion, way too toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    inb4 "there must always be a jailer"
    She's already Garrosh 2.0, why not Illidan 2.0 as well?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by MrMordrag View Post
    Personally I would like us to be trapped within the maw and when we finally get free Azeroth has gone on without us. We get end up getting out 200 years in the future.
    It's probably the other way around though (just like with WoD). I don't think Blizzard likes having timejumps because they'd have to make up their minds about want kind of world state they want for Azeroth. I mean, they even retconned the timeline in the past so the expansions would only cover one year in the lore (even though they make up around two years in our world).

We become trapped in the shadowlands as the entire thing disintegrates and we die. The citizens of azeroth all become immortal because their souls can't get into the afterlife anymore, but also infertile because they effectively become beings of death. With no reason to be afraid of anything, everybody chills the fuck out for once, and nothing ever happens again. You roll a new character and have the option to become a farmer, fisher, or salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Basically anything is left. See below the full list of WoW expansions, with the ones that were made up on the spot bolded.

World of Warcraft (2004)
    Burning Crusade (2007)
    Wrath of the Lich King (2008)
    Cataclysm (2010)
    Mists of Pandaria (2012)
    Warlords of Draenor (2014)
    Legion (2016)
    Battle for Azeroth (2018)
    Shadowlands (2020)

It's half of them. BfA could be bolded too, with the crazy retcon of enlarging two islands into continents, but let's skip this for the sake of argument
    Not sure how Cata fits into that. N'Zoth being named was new, but we already knew there were once 4-5 Old Gods and they'd already named two of them, and Deathwing was introduced in Warcraft 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what i hope ? something related to light tyranny, what we had glimpse of how light fanatics really act
    legion is still semi fresh, shadowlands seems to me very similar to void gods idea, so i hope for a 180 turn and go to light tyranny
    yawn

"worship the X or die"

sounds fun

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    inb4 "there must always be a jailer"
    Well, the Lich King is the Jailer of the Damned. At least Bolvar is lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Probably something that involves the Light or the Void. Blizzard said they're interested in Light and Void expansion, and that seems the natural destination after Shadowlands. What's left when Sylvanas and the Jailer are defeated?

We have Yrel and the Lightbound. We have Xal'atath. The whispers in Alleria worsened after N'Zoth's defeat, with new voices joining the chorus. Blizzard tells us to be careful about N'Zoth "death" (hint hint). The Void claims that the Light made a deal with the enemy of all (Death). The elements are all there. It's a matter of how at this point, not if.
    Gross. The light vs void shit is so boring. The whole Alleria thing is cringe as shit

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Gross. The light vs void shit is so boring. The whole Alleria thing is cringe as shit
    Then unsub, because it's the way going forward.

Then unsub, because it's the way going forward.
    I've deleted my Blizzard account. It obviously isn't the way going forward lol nobody but you has a die hard interest in it

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    I've deleted my Blizzard account. It obviously isn't the way going forward lol nobody but you has a die hard interest in it
    Well I mean, they literally said they are interested in making a Light and Void expansion, and there is strong build-up for both (Void Lords have been a big threat since Chronicles years ago, Yrel and the Naaru are established as a major threat in BfA), so okay, it's not officially confirmed.... but let's be real, there is going to be a Light and Void expansion. Sorry.

One way to end is what someone hinted as a possible timeskip mechanisn in which time in shadowlands goes slower than in Azeroth, which means that 30 years or something could have passed since our entire stay in the shadowlands.

This could bring up many possibilities, just like the timeskip we witnessed in the maghar questline in draenor.

Another light vs shadow war could come. Also Alleria stated lots of times that she wanted quelthalas back, so something might happen between void and blood elves.

As the jailor has been announced as the big baddie of this expansion, the death theme will have some kind of conclusion. Hopefully Sylvanas story as well, afyer Blizzard butchered her character (and so many others) in Bfa.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-03-23 at 05:58 PM.

I'm doubtful there'll be another world revamp. Cataclysm was needed because most zones in Classic sucked ass as far as questing is concerned, that problem isn't present anymore. Plus they had the chance to do a timeskip at the end of Legion too (time passes differently on Argus) and they didn't. I don't think there'll be a timeskip at the end of 10.0 either, though I wish there was one eventually.

What's more likely is that even if there's a timeskip of a few years, they still won't do a world revamp but just update a few key zones like they did in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Another light vs shadow war could come. Also Alleria stated lots of times that she wanted quelthalas back, so something might happen between void and blood elves.
    Warfront would've been the best way to develop that idea, and there was indeed a datamined warfront taking place in Silvermoon. But ultimately it did not happen and I doubt that that plotline will be developed any further.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think Shadowlands ending will be EPIC
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Well I mean, they literally said they are interested in making a Light and Void expansion, and there is strong build-up for both (Void Lords have been a big threat since Chronicles years ago, Yrel and the Naaru are established as a major threat in BfA), so okay, it's not officially confirmed.... but let's be real, there is going to be a Light and Void expansion. Sorry.
    Yrel isn't even going to get the same treatment as Wrathion. She'll be forgotten about and then brought back once enough people complain about it.

Then she'll play some yaaas queen type role without doing anything major to the story.

Void has gotten quite a weak build up. They built up N'zoth for a straight decade and blew it all off with a wet fart. They've probably forgotten who the hell Locus Walker is. Not to mention they'll probably count BFA as a "old god void" expansion and have you wait several years to see anything about the void ever again lol

On top of that, not many people seem to care much about the whole light vs void. Yellow vs purple. "Good" vs "bad". It's just a bad twist on Star Wars' light side vs dark side and the duality between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sylvanas will become the Jailer.
    Something dumb like this sounds about right. I just hope Bolvar makes it out okay.