Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You know what's funny? I would like to go back to "lesser evils". We're fighting Titans, we're fighting Old Gods, we're fighting Death itself... I'm sick and tired of it.

I am playing Classic at the moment and it's so refreshing when the Defias that kidnapped the king and work for Onyxia or when you battle dwarfs that work for Ragnaros. That's why I really like the Awakenings "leak". It's back to basics.
    Well I mean Classic wasn't that different... Nefarian and Kel'thuzad were somewhat grounded villains, but Ragnaros was a demi-god and C'Thun was a god. It's doubtful that they'll ever change that formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Basically anything is left. See below the full list of WoW expansions, with the ones that were made up on the spot bolded.

World of Warcraft (2004)
    Burning Crusade (2007)
    Wrath of the Lich King (2008)
    Cataclysm (2010)
    Mists of Pandaria (2012)
    Warlords of Draenor (2014)
    Legion (2016)
    Battle for Azeroth (2018)
    Shadowlands (2020)

It's half of them. BfA could be bolded too, with the crazy retcon of enlarging two islands into continents, but let's skip this for the sake of argument
    I would think that only warlords was made up on the spot. Everything else had set lore from Warcraft 3 so I'm not sure how you can say they made that up on the spot.

The only reason they made warlords was just to get guldan back basically.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Ragnaros is a lesser evil? C'Thun? Kel'thuzad and the Scourge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Well I mean Classic wasn't that different... Nefarian and Kel'thuzad were somewhat grounded villains, but Ragnaros was a demi-god and C'Thun was a god. It's doubtful that they'll ever change that formula.
    Compared to Old Gods and even Titans, yes. Arthas and Deathwing for sure were major evils but Classic started... slowly and then became "dramatic". C'Thun was the "strongest" enemy in Classic we've fought but it took us years of Classic to get there.

What are we doing since WoD? Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, N'zoth. And in Shadowlands even a bigger foe. I think we can tone it down a bit because it's hard to always top the last evil we've fought.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Sylvanas will suffer some sort of climactic karmic retribution, that's about all I can say for certain at this point.

What I want is, by the power of afterlife magic, every single individual person she's wronged to be able to line up and kill her. I doubt that'll happen, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

We may end up coming back to Azeroth with the Scourge having washed over the world and killed everyone and everything. Because, y'know... the Helm is destroyed...

I still want a proper dragon xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Sylvanas proclaiming Shadowlands is free?
    and she will be there if we need her.

Compared to Old Gods and even Titans, yes. Arthas and Deathwing for sure were major evils but Classic started... slowly and then became "dramatic". C'Thun was the "strongest" enemy in Classic we've fought but it took us years of Classic to get there.

What are we doing since WoD? Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, N'zoth. And in Shadowlands even a bigger foe. I think we can tone it down a bit because it's hard to always top the last evil we've fought.
    So what BfA did? Because we went from a titan who is universal level, to a fat pirate and a titan experiment gone wrong... In fact I saw several people complaining about the tone shift between Legion and BfA.

You know what's funny? I would like to go back to "lesser evils". We're fighting Titans, we're fighting Old Gods, we're fighting Death itself... I'm sick and tired of it.

I am playing Classic at the moment and it's so refreshing when the Defias that kidnapped the king and work for Onyxia or when you battle dwarfs that work for Ragnaros. That's why I really like the Awakenings "leak". It's back to basics.
    Ah my "all out" was more ment in a way that I want them to change up the stories, the actors, the settings etc. Going back to some more mortal conflicts would indeed be kinda nice, though usually that means for Blizzard that we sift through shit because that is suppsedly funny. So I'm not sure they can pull that off.. in fact I'm pretty sure they can't.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Probably something that involves the Light or the Void. Blizzard said they're interested in Light and Void expansion, and that seems the natural destination after Shadowlands. What's left when Sylvanas and the Jailer are defeated?

We have Yrel and the Lightbound. We have Xal'atath. The whispers in Alleria worsened after N'Zoth's defeat, with new voices joining the chorus. Blizzard tells us to be careful about N'Zoth "death" (hint hint). The Void claims that the Light made a deal with the enemy of all (Death). The elements are all there. It's a matter of how at this point, not if.
    I would love to see something like this break the "Good expansion, bad expansion" loop we've been in since WOTLK started it by being so good it made Cataclysm look bad.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably something that involves the Light or the Void. Blizzard said they're interested in Light and Void expansion, and that seems the natural destination after Shadowlands. What's left when Sylvanas and the Jailer are defeated?

We have Yrel and the Lightbound. We have Xal'atath. The whispers in Alleria worsened after N'Zoth's defeat, with new voices joining the chorus. Blizzard tells us to be careful about N'Zoth "death" (hint hint). The Void claims that the Light made a deal with the enemy of all (Death). The elements are all there. It's a matter of how at this point, not if.
    Source about blizz saying they want void light expansion?

I would like to see where xal atath, but honestly I think most of the things you said are gonna be in this expansion as in patches. Much as everyone thought argus, Azshara or N zoth would be its own expansion.

Alleria if it all will be a single scenria or quest, but most likely not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I would love to see something like this break the "Good expansion, bad expansion" loop we've been in since WOTLK started it by being so good it made Cataclysm look bad.
    10.0 will probably be bigger than Shadowlands and perhaps one of the biggest expansions in the game.

I mean, it's 10.0. It's a milestone for the game, so I expect Blizzard to go all out. It could be Legion 2.0. An expansion about Light and Void, just like an expansion about the Burning Legion, sounds like "endgame material". Whereas expansions like Warlords, Battle for Azeroth, and Shadowlands have the potential to be good.... but let's be real, the premise doesn't make them nearly as grand in scope as Legion or a Light and Void expansion.

We defeat deathgod-empowered Sylvanas and capture her, a couple of powerful spirits of the Shadowlands start a trial against her crimes but then a dragon comes and rescues her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Jailer goes pop, Sylvanas turns to the camera, hand in hand with her new beloved, Tyrande. “Now. We are all. Free.”.

The Night Elf soul army gathered below cheer in rapturous applause as the scene shifts to Sylvanas and Tyrande jointly cut the ribbon. Officially declaring the Shadowlands as the new Kaldorei homeland for all races. Nathanos and Sira are now also in love and they become the first citizens of this new utopia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time skip...walk back through the portal to Azeroth only to find that 10 years passed with us getting stuck in SL (Believe at some point, at least canonically, we'll be trapped in the Shadowlands where time moves much slowly)

10+ Year Old Account
    what i hope ? something related to light tyranny, what we had glimpse of how light fanatics really act
    legion is still semi fresh, shadowlands seems to me very similar to void gods idea, so i hope for a 180 turn and go to light tyranny
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

BfA had a big event to end on? Sorry i must of missed that Event warlords ending was better then BFA

Here is hoping shadowlands, ending is miles better because there is alot riding on that expansion i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    BfA had a big event to end on?
    Of course it did!

One of the Old Gods, one of the epic villains haunting us for a decade, actually broke free from its prison! That of course had massive repercussions for the world, like causing minor annoyance in small parts of two irrelevant zones in the middle of nowhere, until we went and and killed the old god - you know, the ONE THING the Titans could never do because it would also kill Azeroth, unless of course the old god decides for no reason to remove itself from Azeroth, give up the one advantage it had that kept it alive for eons, and basically serve itself up on a silver platter in an unspectacular snoozefest of a fight.

How is THAT not big and epic.

Sylvanas will become the Jailer.
    inb4 "there must always be a jailer"

I hope for something where Sylvanas survives and possibly wins.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.