Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    should have given everyone two weeks free game time in addition to this
    Man i love this, as said blizz could give free gold, and still people would ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    So using a global pandemic to claw back a few subs.

Classy!
    Or giving the players some quality of life given many are in self-isolation/quarantine?

Nah, must be greed and stupidity by players if they come back for an exp buff although the game obviously is dead and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Art the Clown View Post
    So using a global pandemic to claw back a few subs.

Classy!
    And the explanation makes no sense. "You're stuck inside, so we're going to make leveling easier, because you don't have as much free time now."

What?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don't see the harm of them turning it on for a month. Would be a nice treat for those who missed out on it / want more of it while stuck inside. Overall there's not a lot going on in-game other than finishing up some caps.

Except for every anniversary? There were probably a couple other times in the distant past.
    Yeah this is the first double exp event ever. in wow, pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    LOL. Looks like Lucid Dreams R2 STILL requires 8 DAYS in Nazjatar, ick. Both Naz and Mechagon were terrible zones.

And yeah I guess so, I mean I can log into a 3.3.5 private server and enjoy nearly every class.
    takes far less then 8 days if you know what to do, go kill some rares to get the rep/exp turn ins. Go kill a few ancient coral rares that gives you 200 exp in every follower.
    sounds like you just are bad at the game.

also i still love how you show "Hurdur retail dead" and your proof?
    /who on one faction, in 1 random zone no one ever goes to, at 1:48am in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That is for sure a massive boon, I've vowed to never set foot leveling in Outland/Northrend ever again once 9.0 comes... I'll still go there to sit in Grizzly Hills though. <.<

But I can't hold off until prepatch, not when seeing just how quick leveling is thanks to 100%!!
    I mean, I will probably do BC/WotLK once for Loremaster. I'm not a fan of doing that on higher level chars, so every alt I did one or two zones in BC/WotLK. But it's jsut soooo bad in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    In the time it took Joana to hit level 60, you would be halfway done with 1 (ONE) Rank 2 Essence. That, quite frankly, is fucking ridiculous.

Also, please stop acting like it takes months to hit level 60 in CLASSIC WoW nowadays. Nearly every person leveling uses a guide. It probably takes 8 days at max.

Again, in the time it takes for the average player to hit 60, you'd be done with ONE essence grind.
    that is not even fucking true mate.

Plenty of MMORPGs tried that before, SWTOR, LOTRO, etc.
    It boosts the subs for one month. After one month, it drops back down.

This game has $50 for an instant level 110. The sale for that will suffer.
    Overall, it is a loss to Blizzard.

I took advantage for these events before.
    Then regreted. It is just a waste of time unless you plan to level anyway.
    These max leveled characters are never used.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-03-21 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So in other words, the leveling grind has been reduced, the grind to create alts has been reduced, gear flows like water...

and essences for new players still require weeks of grinding mostly obsolete content.

Cool.
    I mean, do you really need to grind the essences?

I quit after PuGing AotC Azshara in September. I literally just used the first essence you get (from the unlock scenario) don't even know what rank. My performance wasn't sub-par when compared to other players.

Just turned in 9 ghostlands quests and gained 3 levels. This is nuts

Hooray, 100% XP buff just a few months after you literally could AFK-level to 120 in a few hours in Korraks Revenge.

Not sure why anyone would care for this if it's not affecting classic as well.

To reach max level faster with another boring class and play that shitshow of an endgame?

Nah not resubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    To reach max level faster with another boring class and play that shitshow of an endgame?

Nah not resubbing
    Pretty much.

I appreciate the sentiment, and it's probably a smart move in times where people are stuck at home, but it doesn't fix the actual problems of the game. It won't get back a lot of people that quit because BFA endgame sucks, but it might get some new people or OLD old players back in.

And of course it's a nice tool for current players to get their alts back up, for all that's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great i already leveled two alts, thanks blizzard !

Hey this is pretty cool!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hey....so what if you get this boost out of it
    not a problem, just saying what i think, with my tinfoil, that they only fix something or boost others, when they played themselves and saw the problem, like drop rates

10+ Year Old Account
    So one gets further depressed about the state of class design?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you think they are trying to compete with totally different games?
    same reason netflix sees fortnite as it's primary competitor, duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh i would like this in classic as well. Already have 2x 120 on bfa and im not intersted to do more. Alting in bfa is just annoyin.
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-03-21 at 09:10 AM.

its just my paranoia or does this look like there will be now shadowlands news for some time? bcs if we should get access to alpha/beta soon this would be kind of useless...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So one gets further depressed about the state of class design?
    ive never seen you post everything but whining, WHY ON EARTH are you still on this forum? its clear that you dont care about the game anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The average wow player probably doesn't care about getting all essences at rank 3, by the way. Or care about essences at all.
    Even players who don't care about essences will be annoyed to hell by the game wailing on them for having empty slots.