Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Is anyone even LEVELING a new toon at this point? Jesus.
    I just mass rerolled last month and I’ve been working on a DH which is 120/428. Now I’m pushing a mage which was at 21 pre-boost and will probably hit 90+ in a few days, and a shaman- 10 pre-boost.
    [Gaming Queue] || Games Finished: 2

People are happy when they got 2x leveling speed multiplier... i think that says alot about current state of retail leveling...

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I think the only thing stopping me from unlocking heritage armor is the fact that you can only use it on characters of that specific race. I could level another class as a void elf, but then I'd be stuck with 2 of the same class and only one of them being able to use the heritage armor. They should change heritage armor so that any of your characters can use it regardless of their race.
    No, they shouldn't, because that makes literally zero sense. The whole point of heritage armor is that it is intrinsic to a specific race.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

At this point why not just give every new character the option to start at level 110 or 120?

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    People are happy when they got 2x leveling speed multiplier... i think that says alot about current state of retail leveling...
    This is hilarious when Classic players are now bitching about no buff to Classic.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.

I only managed to get 2 allied races to 110 so far, the rest are stuck any where between 40-71. so yes i am leveling.. or i will be with this event.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Yes.

The 2 photos in my sig were taken just the other week. Some new players, but obviously alts. Especially allied races.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Yes, you are. And you're the minority now so that's cool.

I'm sorry the Essence Grind is absolutely fucking broing, and along with everything else BfA has had to offer - been met with overwhelmingly negative response. You can act like the negativity doesn't exist, I won't.

So be a sheep
    You mean the vocal minority? Most of the player base that is casual don't even care, know about essences or don't find it an issue. Just because you hear a lot of complaints doesn't mean it is the truth. Just like there are a lot of people who are fine with BFA as well.

It's fine that you don't like it, no one is forcing you to. That, however, means your opinion doesn't represent everyone else. Same as all the reddit/mmoc/wowhead/blizz forum replies aren't the same as most of the player base. It's just the ones who were vocal enough to say something.

Doesn't make someone a sheep or anything just because they disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    So be a sheep
    This is all off-topic so I won't say more than this: this has nothing about "being a sheep". We just played the game while you (presumably) were out doing... whatever you like to do when you're unsubbed. You're complaining about having to do a grind now that has been in the game for several, several months, already. You've let yourself fall behind, and now you have to catch up. The essence change was to help alts catch up, not new or returning players.

You had the option to do the grind when it was current. You did not do it because "it wasn't worth the effort to you", so why does it now suddenly become "worth the effort" that you have to "force yourself" to spend "eight days in Nazjatar"?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    lol, this means that their subs must have really dropped off lately
    Or, you know, maybe they realize everyone is stuck at home and doing something nice for people is good PR? Not everything has to be some negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes, yes you do.
    The sad part is I keep saying the same thing then I log on in and go no lol. Friend of mine asked if I was leveling any and said I'd have to see. Then I told him if they brought back Korrak's then I'm definitely doomed because I'd get sucked in quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You're so adorable. Not only do a lot of people already have plenty of alts, but there has already been past events that made leveling quicker than this 100% buff will ever do. That being said, how does more alts help Blizzard? More alts means more people to logon and jack up those MAU's. Because once you hit 120, you still have various grinds ahead of you and you're likely committed to that alt for the next month or so. They could have added bonuses to rep and other aspects, but they chose leveling specifically.
    Proving his point. Some people don't have plenty of alts. Some people don't have heritage armor. Some, well.. most people aren't you. Whatever they could have done, would not have been applicable to everyone. It's impossible to please every single player regardless of what they chose to do. Nevertheless, they could have done anything but chose to do something small which will helps some folks. And just like some things in this game you enjoy and others don't, there will always be someone who win or loses. You just happened to lose out this turn. Welcome to the dichotomy of the human experience dude. You need to come to terms with it.

Sorry you're too cool for this.
    Last edited by AbsolutVodka; 2020-03-20 at 07:10 PM.

Extra stuff is always nice. Also nice to see that ppl can find a fault with anything. I mean..you could have made your point years ago with "People are happy when they got faster levelling speed thanks to Heirlooms and xp potions... i think that says alot about current state of retail leveling... " Or why not go all out and just shit on Classic with "People are happy when they got 2x leveling speed multiplier thanks to rested XP ...i think that says alot about current state of retail leveling... "

Endgame is where it has been for ppl for ages. And in the case of AR...hey..why not be happy that you can unlock that coveted Heritage armour a bit faster?

Well...there is a shit ton of races around. And while I have about 18 toons at lv 120, there is still a Vulpera, Voidelf, Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren....you get it...that isn't lv 110.

It is a wide spectrum of "I only main one race and class" to "Hey..let me fulfil all my race and class fantasies"

I doubt any one cares about the lvling experience, they just want that sweet lvl 110 for their heritage armor, so the faster the better

And Classic is literally bursting with people complaining in general trade etc about how slow the leveling is. Guess that says a lot about the 'current state' of that too...
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

shit, time to resub and level some alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeast View Post
    lol, this means that their subs must have really dropped off lately
    Yes...this is the ONLY thing it can mean. ^^

Time to delve into some alts

Does this stack with the the Enlisted world buff by any chance? If thats the case 125% experience gain sounds lovely lol

This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Or, you know, maybe they realize everyone is stuck at home and doing something nice for people is good PR? Not everything has to be some negative.
    "In other news, Blizzard employees discovered an enzyme that cures cancer!"

MMO posters:

LOL subs must be really bad if blizz is curing cancer

Instead of curing diseases try 2 cure ur boring game

so u can cure cancer but u cant give us account wide everything

reeeeee shadowlands delayed cuz blizz is wasting time on cancer