Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, you're killing your own argument, because you're using this "Joana" who is not a representative of the average player base. And you further kill your own arguments with your next statement:

I never, once, mentioned classic WoW, in my arguments. I expressly wrote vanilla WoW. I.e., the WoW from 15+ years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a temporary boost to give players a reason to level more alts, to get them to spent more time in the game in this time where isolation from society is a necessity to contain the spread of the virus.
    It's not my fault you choose to write about a version of the game that is 15 years old vs. a version of the game that is being utilized now. I rest my case. The average CLASSIC player takes maybe 8 days to hit 60, again, in that time on retail - you'd be done with just ONE essence grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Black Desert Online had a 1000% xp boost in 2018 Now THAT says a lot about BDO... this is nothing
    Oh god that would be so amazing, even if it just lasted a few days.
    Bwonsamdi says: Bring me de head of de Horde's warchief, and I be forgettin' all about ya father's bargain.

Bwonsamdi for warchief!

Oooooooo yes! I love this!

Yar. A few days of quad < a month of double for sure
    "The only constant in the universe is inconsistency"

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Every quest I do gives like 15% of a level, if not more. This is in full heirlooms that boost XP though, mind you.
    I'mma try it on my 112 Shaman now (which I am leveling heirloom-free) and get back with the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think this has less to do with the pandemic, and more to do with trying to lure back players who quit the expansion.

We know participation in raids is way down. 2.5x as many guilds killed a boss in N/H/M Uldir than have killed a boss in N/H/M Ny'alotha.
    It's to do with the pandemic, not whatever personal conjecture people conjure up.
    Whilst it's for sure a means of encouragement, it's 100% to do with exactly what they stated. Case in point: They've never done anything like this. They could've thrown everything + the kitchen sink at us during WoD's bleed, and they didn't. The only courtesy they did, was make the Moose mount a guaranteed quest drop from Archimonde rather than its originally intended purpose as a store mount.

My local shop offered to bring groceries home to older people in our zipcode area free of charge, with no human contact. Some posts in this thread made me think just how hilarious it would be if I was stood outside the store going "Corona you say?... Nah, it's because ur struggling with customers, or u wanna make more monies"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-20 at 11:22 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you think they are trying to compete with totally different games?
    Why do you think people only play one game? I know I won't be touching ANYTHING other than Animal Crossing for at least the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Damn, was hoping this would be for classic as well. Really want to get my alt to 60 but have other stuff to do right now.
    The main classic players would riot if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Most games when you give them $15 you are given something in return besides the luxury of playing a dead game.
    If you are giving somebody $15 to play something you aren't into, then you have bigger problems to resolve my friend.

This would be amazing if I didn't already have nearly every class leveled and didn't care about leveling my 20th Paladin or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You don't even know what my point is lol.
    I don't have to. Because your very own opening statement is a wild claim that is unfalsifiable at best, and demonstrably wrong at worst.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Nice, now I can bring myself to get that Mechagnome heritage armor for my collection, even though I don't ever intend to play one.

Man i cant imagine begging people to play this game so hard. The pressure really must be on since Classic is still killing BFA numbers. They better put up nets for all the potential roof jumpers over there in Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Man i cant imagine begging people to play this game so hard. The pressure really must be on since Classic is still killing BFA numbers. They better put up nets for all the potential roof jumpers over there in Irvine
    What is it with folks like you? It's always some conspiracy, some sign of doom, some cosmic correlation between classic and retail and the death of WoW. Some of ya'll are so damn bitter.

LOL @ the person who said timewalking would give 2-2.5 levels for one dungeon. Do you even play the game? With the 100% bonus I got 788k from 1 tw dungeon(Gundrak). Pretty sure you get MORE from a regular random dungeon. To clarify a level takes 800k+ 110-120.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Thank you Covid19!

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    The class and infallible logic of Classic fans never ceases to amaze*.

There are more Retail Servers, than Classic ones. The Retail servers hold more players, than Classic ones. There are almost as many High/Full Retail servers across the regions, as there are Classic servers in total. That's even before counting Medium pop and even low pop ones.

Classic: 73

Eu English
    : 110 servers, 25 of which are Full/High

EU German: 80-or-so, I lost count. 16 servers listed as High/Full, majority are Medium pop even at this hour of night

EU French: 37, 11 listed as High/Full, majority as Medium.

EU Spanish: 11, 8 listed as Full/High

Russian: 20, 5 listed as High/Full

Italian: 2, 1 listed as High

This is, granted, without being able to check China and the US, but alas... Retail's servers are dynamic, and most of the ones listed as Full/High never drop to Medium even at 5:AM. Also, as previously mentioned, a higher capacity than they do on Classic. 60+ at High/Full.

So much winning though.

*Not really, but they are consistent if nothing else.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-21 at 03:39 PM.

Leveling my DK atm, vulpera for heritage and I am in Draenor atm. And I am usually all alone here when I have been leveling before. Now it was like 10+ around the garrison alone while building it and people are everywhere when I am now looking for treasures.

Each level takes like 10mins. It's nice!
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

excellent time to finish off those alts I burnt out on between 60 - 80! This is one of those better decisions
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Leveling my DK atm, vulpera for heritage and I am in Draenor atm. And I am usually all alone here when I have been leveling before. Now it was like 10+ around the garrison alone while building it and people are everywhere when I am now looking for treasures.

Each level takes like 10mins. It's nice!
    Indeed, the first hour after the announcement I didn't see much of a difference. Now there's loads, even at this hour, in "my" zones.

I shot these earlier as well:

That 50 for Borean is quite a surprise, I always figured people preferred Howling Fjord but not so.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-21 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Indeed, the first hour after the announcement I didn't see much of a difference. Now there's loads, even at this hour, in "my" zones.
    Yeah, it's 1 am here now and there was surprisingly many people if you compare it to being alone before :P

And the buff, oh my, awesome!
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.