Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This is the game that Blizz has pushed the players into.

Leveling is trivial, and dungeons involve almost no skill whatsoever. A decent healer can keep up a bad tank and dps standing in fire while leveling. A decent tank can live with a poor healer while leveling. Everyone can be decent dps because dps takes virtually no skill while leveling.

My wife dragged me back into the game, and we are leveling up some allied races (because the end-game is even more boring than leveling anymore). I would say that maybe 15% of players know how to interrupt (my wife and I just do it out of habit), and fully 50% of the healers have zero clue what they are doing. I think we've run into 2 tanks that were actually good. DPS is all over the place and regularly stand in bad. But we still win all the dungeons...Blizz has dumbed down the game while leveling that badly.

So GIGO rules. Push the players through a garbage system, and you output bad players.
    players were still shit when leveling was "hard" though

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    shouldve played wod then
    I've been playing since TBC. The amount of extra time outside of raids I'm expected to put in just keeps increases more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I've been playing since TBC. The amount of extra time outside of raids I'm expected to put in just keeps increases more and more.
    k
    adapt or quit, but please please don't whine

k
    adapt or quit, but please please don't whine
    It's not raidlogging anymore but people exaggerate too much. It's not legion anymore. All you gotta do besides raid itself is to do weekly islands in 15 minutes, one M+ in 40 minutes and that is it.

Oh and a cloak but this is not a constant farming phase. After this week just killing nzoth will do the trick (or run a single full clear)

I just read this post this morning and thought it can't be that bad lol, for reference I've played wow for 15 years with a very large number of cutting edges under my belt. I 99% play classic atm and have not pugged in nearly 10 years. Today I did my first random time walking dungeon in nearly 3 years. A healer joins our group, pulls several packs, kills himself while we run out, and leaves before beginning to PM all of us. We truly believe he was delirious in some way.

https://i.imgur.com/hrSfLKC.png

https://i.imgur.com/GUmOo4W.png

https://i.imgur.com/mYrwH5q.png
    Last edited by seventysix; 2020-03-23 at 07:19 PM.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I just read this post this morning and thought it can't be that bad lol, for reference I've played wow for 15 years with a very large number of cutting edges under my belt. I 99% play classic atm and have not pugged in nearly 10 years. Today I did my first random time walking dungeon in nearly 3 years. A healer joins our group, pulls several packs, kills himself while we run out, and leaves before beginning to PM all of us. We truly believe he was delirious in some way.

https://i.imgur.com/hrSfLKC.png

https://i.imgur.com/GUmOo4W.png

https://i.imgur.com/mYrwH5q.png

That's nuts but for real, players with a need to not just check but also test each other are a very common problem in pugs these days. Clearing content fast and smooth isn't fast enough when they're not sweating over their keyboards to beat a timer or knock out a personal record of theirs. It's a shitshow of lack of communication and what little there is, is full of presupposed positions, prejudice and grandstanding.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Oh I see what you did there, all good fun then since people were warned beforehand.

But boy some of the timewalking dungeons this reset has been filled with weird players.
    One I ran yesterday had a tank who asked us how to tank while he used zero mitigation.

Things like that makes me miss the proving grounds-silver requirement to queue LFD from WoD.
    Timewalking has been interesting. I dusted off my 102 Vengeance DH to see how tuned they are.
    Disaster. I was getting 4 shot through Demon Spikes, kiting, silence sigil, interrupting on CD etc.

Managed to down Old Kingdom with only 2-3 wipes and only mild bitching from the Arms Warrior whose main is 1,500IO, and didn't interrupt :3

Gundrak, wiped on the first boss at 40%. Insta disband. Granted my tanking isn't my strong suit but I've timed 12s as a tank in multiple seasons, you'd think TWing would be the usual afk breeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    and he's got a fat ass
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    This thread is a nice reminder that Blizzard can do something nice and still get absolutely shit on for it.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Timewalking has been interesting. I dusted off my 102 Vengeance DH to see how tuned they are.
    Disaster. I was getting 4 shot through Demon Spikes, kiting, silence sigil, interrupting on CD etc.

Managed to down Old Kingdom with only 2-3 wipes and only mild bitching from the Arms Warrior whose main is 1,500IO, and didn't interrupt :3

Gundrak, wiped on the first boss at 40%. Insta disband. Granted my tanking isn't my strong suit but I've timed 12s as a tank in multiple seasons, you'd think TWing would be the usual afk breeze.
    TWing can be brutal when maxed players expect others in the group to be on par with them and ignore that they may be the only one not in questing gear and with optimized gear for their spec. Even when that isn't the case the scaling can be brutal on some mobs and abilities touching down on the tank as the first victim while people naturally forget the old tactics for clearing the content.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I will never understand why someone would rather do pugs all the time over getting a raiding guild.
    Because I am 33 and have a life outside of the game, I will not let a game dictate some sort of schedule for me again I have been there and done that back in college. I play in my timeframe of 10PM-2AM and if someone else is there when I am great, but if they aren't then I don't want to be bothered with dealing with other people or their schedules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post

I have noticed this since TW was introduces, they are tuned super hard for most Pugs. I don't like how long they take to complete so I always just Q'd for the most recent dungeons and stayed away from TW until max level.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Because I am 33 and have a life outside of the game, I will not let a game dictate some sort of schedule for me again I have been there and done that back in college. I play in my timeframe of 10PM-2AM and if someone else is there when I am great, but if they aren't then I don't want to be bothered with dealing with other people or their schedules.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed this since TW was introduces, they are tuned super hard for most Pugs. I don't like how long they take to complete so I always just Q'd for the most recent dungeons and stayed away from TW until max level.
    It's OK. If you don't want to be in a raiding guild and prefer to do your thing, that's cool. I see a lot of people like you every day and I don't really mind, it's like having extra NPC's in the game. And if they are in the other faction, unless they group together, it's just a matter of pressing down my cooldowns and erase them from the map.

I rarely have the need for pugging, but if I do, it's the same. I see them as NPC's followers. And in some content, like Island expeditions, I completely ignore them and I just do my thing.

So, in a sense, you perform the fine service of making the open world feel more alive, and for that, I have to thank you!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    I just ignore them and keep playing.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    TWing can be brutal when maxed players expect others in the group to be on par with them and ignore that they may be the only one not in questing gear and with optimized gear for their spec. Even when that isn't the case the scaling can be brutal on some mobs and abilities touching down on the tank as the first victim while people naturally forget the old tactics for clearing the content.
    wtf... tw isn't hard even if your gear isn't optimized... you can do it without talents even...

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It’s probably got a lot to do with your attitude. You’re a very whiny individual from what I’ve seen you post. If you’re so thinly skinned that you can’t go out into the community, find a guild, and leave it if they turn out to be dicks, then that’s definitely a you problem. In all my years of playing WoW, I’ve encountered the guilds you describe ONCE.

I left, found a new one, and went about my business. If you’re finding yourself being kicked because stuff isn’t dying, or stuff is becoming considerably harder because of your performance, you can’t really blame them.

My guild downed heroic N’Zoth, and we’ve got a single hunter we carry the shit out of. We don’t give a shit, guys got a positive attitude about it. He’s cool. If for whatever reason, we ever got to a point where it was just impossible because of him, and we asked him to step out for that boss, he’d do it and he’d be reinvited as soon as the boss dies. This is not the first guild I’ve been in that does this.

Maybe I’m lucky and I just manage to find the right guilds for what I want to accomplish, or maybe it’s just my attitude that allows me to persevere. Hell, maybe it’s maybelline. But you’re definitely going to have a hard time finding anything positive with your negative attitude.
    This is pretty much spot on. We do the same thing in our guild raids. If they aren't a dick to us, we aren't a dick to them. While raiding, running keys, timewalking, world quests, etc.

If there is a problem in every group [Person A] is a part of, [Person A] cant possibly be the problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    wtf... tw isn't hard even if your gear isn't optimized... you can do it without talents even...
    If you didnt notice they made some recent changes to timewalking dungeons, most casual people have problems with them now especially tanks.

So yeah you likely need to have your talents activated if you wanna get your TW done now, especially as a tank.

Just clearing hc raids the last few expansions took me almost always way more time than a raid guild ever would.
    Just sucks with schedules and stuff, pugging is hellish imo.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Your response makes no sense. You don’t have to let a guild dictate your time.. you just find a guild that does what you wanna do around the time you wanna do it.. it’s literally that simple. There are tons of guilds everywhere running at all different times. You might have to spend some time trying to find them, but they exist.

even i could not be bothered with dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Usually this is overcome by being extroverted, actually needing people, and surrounding yourself with other extroverted people that understand how to enjoy group activities in a healthy way. The second you start injecting the system with introverted people that gossip on everyone and tear everything apart, it sucks pretty bad. That goes for video games, to work, or marriages, to families and everything in life.
    Unfortunately in this case, I am an introvert. Being around people for long periods of time is very draining and I tend to be energized when I'm alone or with a very small group (1-2 other people). I have nothing against extroverted people but I haven't had that kind of energy since I was a very young child.

imagine having an mmo-champ doom and gloom player in your guild.
    why would u say something so horrible!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    A general note on the community:

It's not as bad as people say it is. However, it's bad enough that after a while it's not worth the time to hassle with it.

Guilds aren't really all that much better unless you are lucky (and that's for a casual guild...raiding guilds are something you are either fine with or not). There was some hope that communities would help but Blizzard hasn't done much of anything to push them along.

It's not really a secret why so many people play solo or with just a couple of friends. Meanwhile, Blizzard continues to double down on throwing strangers together which is not really how most humans work.
    What you will find is that a lot of people in game you meet, or try to meet, will usually be pretty decent, in attitude at least. It is funny actually, a few friends of mine are all coming back to the game. One of them hadn't played since MoP, and when i told them about LFR being out completely now, they said "Oh LFR? That is the easy one where you don't even have to press buttons right?". It is shit like that spewed from this forum and others that affects new people and people who have no clue, leading to what OP described with the other tank saying "It's just LFR!".

After doing it, my friend said "It was harder than i thought, wiped a bunch on some bosses" like no kidding. He even had the balls to say he actually really liked BFA (all be it coming in at the end). But stuff these forums say echo much farther than people thing, and is part of the negativity in the game (that is undeserved, not the actually well deserved stuff)